Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

From the autobio Spark was prone to dreaming as a child. She thought adults tended to overlook her. She was free to observe. Spark was an intuitive type. Sandy was a dreamer, she had a talent for it, she listened to her imagination while passively observing with her little pig eyes. I think she also couldn't resist turning to her imagination in preference to dealing with the world. This is another link between Sandy and Spark; the intuitive imagination.

As far as the mother daughter thing: the movie makes it's a little more clear that Sandy objects to Brodie thinking she is Providence. The mother image helps form a centralizing aspect for the developing child's mind. It helps form the super-ego. In TPOMJB Sandy has an aversion to her own mother. So this makes her vulneralbe to the narcissist Brodie as a substitute mother image. Brodie looks for ways to get to children through some sort of parental problem that weakens the parent's influence.

It's these kind of things that make me think Patsy was attracted to the story because the characters got to play out things she needed but never got to live out in her life.

Sandy dreamed up stories, she wrote stories and she wrote a book. The rn is a fanciful little piece of literature written, I think, by a regressed Patsy.

In DOI Patsy makes a comment on her imagination, saying something like "even for my imagination". Patsy was impressed with her imagination. But from what I have seen, Patsy was a plagiarist, a copier and a gaudi-ist. She lacked originality and moderation.

Yes, Sandy always took it a step further than one may want to go, spilling over the top. That style in Sandy's writing reminds me also of the ransom note. We may be able to mop up some parts that are in the note, with further analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    It has been solved; it will just never be prosecuted.
    I should have said. I'll come here one day and someone has been arrested, but I thought it was Patsy. I feel John Ramsey needs to be arrested for his part. However, I don't know if I'm right, Cherokee (?).

Not all of us here think it was Patsy. Thor thinks it was a Ramsey male, and Jay doesn't think it was the Ramseys.

There are times when I think it may well be Burke. Sometimes when reading over other posts, I find myself wondering if I'm wrong (?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I should have said. I'll come here one day and someone has been arrested, but I thought it was Patsy. I feel John Ramsey needs to be arrested for his part. However, I don't know if I'm right, Cherokee (?).

Not all of us here think it was Patsy. Thor thinks it was a Ramsey male, and Jay doesn't think it was the Ramseys.

There are times when I think it may well be Burke. Sometimes when reading over other posts, I find myself wondering if I'm wrong (?).
    What I meant was ... it is solved because a Ramsey did it. There was no intruder. I wasn't referring to a specific Ramsey.

What I meant was ... it is solved because a Ramsey did it. There was no intruder. I wasn't referring to a specific Ramsey.
    I agree Cherokee, this is solved, just not prosecuted.

Little

agree Cherokee, this is solved, just not prosecuted.

Little
    I agree. No way do I think there was an intruder, but how I wish I knew the exact details of what took place the night of December 25, 1996.

I think Burke is old enough now to be questioned again.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I agree. No way do I think there was an intruder, but how I wish I knew the exact details of what took place the night of December 25, 1996.
    Perhaps in the next world we will all be given the ability to travel through time and be an eye-witness to such things. If so, you should also plan a picnic on a grassy knoll in Dallas...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStrat
    Perhaps in the next world we will all be given the ability to travel through time and be an eye-witness to such things. If so, you should also plan a picnic on a grassy knoll in Dallas...
    Wouldn't that be something, Blue? I'm sure there was a second shot which hit JFK from the grassy knoll.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    snip

In DOI Patsy makes a comment on her imagination, saying something like "even for my imagination". Patsy was impressed with her imagination. But from what I have seen, Patsy was a plagiarist, a copier and a gaudi-ist. She lacked originality and moderation.
    Yes, that was in DOI: Patsy's response was to Linda Arndt's assertion that John was the killer because she had seen it in his eyes. PR: "Apparently her talents went way beyond even my imagination."

I can't imagine what she means by that, unless she means not just anyone's imagination, but the greatest: hers. Impressed with it, like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry
    Yes, that was in DOI: Patsy's response was to Linda Arndt's assertion that John was the killer because she had seen it in his eyes. PR: "Apparently her talents went way beyond even my imagination."

I can't imagine what she means by that, unless she means not just anyone's imagination, but the greatest: hers. Impressed with it, like you say.
    Linda Arndt's statements about John Ramsey are part of the reason I feel he was the main driving force that night. She got the closest to him in the key moments, before and especially as he "discovered" his daughter's body. She also got extremely frightened and backed away, once she realized that she was totally exposed - the DA's office was hanging her out to dry. She didn't dare to go up against John Ramsey and I don't blame her one bit. I'd hate to have been in her shoes that day.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Yes Heymom, IMO, Linda Arndt was in a vulnerable situation, at the crime scene unfolding as it was. Do you think there's a reason why Patsy would think 'the look in his eyes' comment would be so unbelievable?

Default Prime

Can someone tell me why The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie is here and what it has to do with the Ramseys. Is there are correlation? Thanks, Solace