Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default More on motive, etc.

Documents shed light on Pa. homicide investigation
    By Larry Wilson
    LACEYVILLE, Pa. -- Three members of a Laceyville family were killed execution-style Wednesday by their 31-year-old son and brother, state police at Towanda said today.

Police arrested Steven Carl Colegrove of Deposit early today on three counts of criminal homicide.

They said his possible motive was to inherit money and property.

The victims -- Joseph Colegrove, 60, Marlene Colegrove, 56, and Michael Colegrove, 36 -- were found dead about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at their home on Kirk Road in Tuscarora Township, Bradford County. Police said they believe Steven Colegrove killed them sometime before 7 a.m. that day.

He was arraigned before District Justice Fred Wheaton in Wysox today and sent to the Bradford County Correctional Facility. Colegrove sat calmly during the arraignment and did not speak. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Wednesday.

In a 22-page criminal complaint, troopers George Confer and James Kerrick said Steven Colegrove shot his father and brother as they slept and killed his mother as she tried to leave her bedroom. All three were shot in the head and face with 3-inch magnum cartridges from a 12-gauge shotgun, police said.

Marlene Colegrove was also shot in the hand. Police said she apparently put her hand in front of her face or attempted to grab the gun.

State police said they recovered a letter from the Colegroves' gun safe that said when the couple died, their son Robert was to get only $1.

"Steven Colegrove would be the only child to receive benefits from ... the death of his parents and his brother Michael Colegrove," the troopers said.

On Friday morning, during a press conference at the Bradford County Courthouse, investigators said the surviving family members were cooperating with police and were not suspects in the killings.

The scene police found in the home had the appearances of a robbery gone bad, according to information contained in the criminal complaint.

The complaint said two doors were found unlocked at the Colegrove home and a third was locked. In one of the unlocked doors, the lower right glass pane had been smashed from the outside. The inside of the double-pane window remained intact, however.

Wires leading from the phone box on the exterior of the house were cut.

Also, Marlene Colegrove's wallet was sitting on top of her purse, according to the complaint.

"This appeared to have been done to create the appearance of forced entry or robbery/burglary," the complaint stated.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...WS01/708110356

So I don't guess this had anything to do with the Keeffes. And it reminds me of the 1973 Cass County, Texas, Butts triple homicide. The man was charged and indicted by a grand jury, but never tried and walks free to this very day.

From an old Journal article, (Charles E.) White is charged with the mass slaying of his estranged wife, Iris, 33, her father, Odis Butts, 65, and her mother, Minnie Butts, 60, in the Butts home on the Knight’s Bluff Road near Atlanta last weekend.

All of them were shot to death.
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

Wow, JC, are you saying there was ANOTHER BUTTS FAMILY MURDERED in Cass County? And THAT'S been unsolved, as well? Or am I totally confused?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    Wow, JC, are you saying there was ANOTHER BUTTS FAMILY MURDERED in Cass County? And THAT'S been unsolved, as well? Or am I totally confused?
    Yes, you aren't confused. :-)

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=8550

And it was solved, just never prosecuted.
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

I doubt Steven Carl Colegrove will get away with a triple homicide like Charles White did.

Why isn't someone investigating this DA Birmingham? He seems to have been either completely incompetent or corrupt to the bone.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Why isn't someone investigating this DA Birmingham? He seems to have been either completely incompetent or corrupt to the bone.
    I don't know; maybe someone is, but Birmingham will most likely pass on before anything could be done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JC
    I don't know; maybe someone is, but Birmingham will most likely pass on before anything could be done to him.
    I doubt anyone is investigating him, because it's like any other self-policing profession in this country: they won't go after one of their own. Too bad. Wonder how many people suffered for how long at the hands of criminals while Birmingham looked the other way.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

I doubt anyone is investigating him, because it's like any other self-policing profession in this country: they won't go after one of their own. Too bad. Wonder how many people suffered for how long at the hands of criminals while Birmingham looked the other way.
    TOO MANY. I've thought for a long time Birmingham should be investigated.

But, I wonder if some family member killed the Keeffes.

Default I hate to think that.

The Keeffes, like the Colgroves, were such upstanding people.

But who knows, whenever a large inheritance is at stake?

Almost a year. Mercy, how time flies!

Default Jc

I was just thinking about this case. I was on my way to Thanksgiving dinner at my granddaughter's house last year when I heard news of this double murder on the car radio. I was shocked, because it's such a nice safe area where they lived.

Almost a year! It looks like the trail has gone cold, and someone has gotten away with a double homicide.