Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry
    Hi Jayelles, What does 'this one-off documentary' mean in the UK? One of a kind?
    It means it isn't part of a series. The last two (not sure about the first one) were part of a crime series called "Real Crime".
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Started now. Tracey on the box. John Ramsey livelier, more relaxed and happier than I've ever seen him.

Time for bed. Skybox and PC are both recording. Seems to be a Tracey PR piece.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

It was absolutely disgraceful. A one-sided Tracey/Ramsey/Lacey propaganda piece.

There was no mention of Karr's alibis or Lacey's failure to check them out. No mention that the DNA might not be the killer's.

Seriously guuys - this needs to be reported to Ofcom and David Mills needs to resign from his post on the Campaign for Quality Television. He needs to hang his head in shame for producing yet another misleading and one-sided piece about the Ramsey case. That does NOT make quality television.

There was plenty of criticism of the media for labelling the Ramseys as suspects - no mention of the reasons why this happened. The media just picked on the poor Ramseys. The documentary also claimed that it was the same people who hounded the Ramseys who gave Mary Lacy a tough time (a piece of Peter Boyles was played). They came out of the woodwork and used Karr as a reason to attack the Ramseys yet again (footage of some guy I didn't recognise on tv). Oh and the Keith ABlow interview with karr was also used.

I am completely disgusted that we have now had four documentaries which have presented a careful selection of facts and omissions. IMO, this documentary contravenes Ofcom's Code of Practice in that it was clearly biased.

It ended up by suggesting that Karr is still a suspect and that he had an accomplice - a neighbour from Alabama who was arrested for sexual assault on a child in Australia. Apparently Karr visited Australia before he went to Bankok so they were both there at the same time (i.e. VERY suspicious....).

No mention of Gigax that I saw (I did miss about 10 minutes for a phone call).

I was also struck by how defensive Tracey and co were. Lou Smit was interviewed briefly and Bryan Morgan too. Charlevoix looks lovely. I wouldn't like to meet Gary Phillips in a dark alley.

Programme makers should NOT be allowed to use their positions to influence the public's thinking one way or another... they aren't allowed. Yet David Mills has done it four times now. It's time he was stopped.

Taking a deep breath now.

Oh I have recorded it onto my pc. Tomorrow I will try to burn it onto a DVD for Why_Nut. Haven't managed to do that successfully yet but I will try again.

HAHAHA You mean they actually tried to IMPLY that they KNOW who the ACCOMPLICE IS? Another Alabama man? hahahaha Oh, they are true Tricksters, aren't they?

They didn't put that in the show here. Guess they didn't want AN ALERT FFJ VIEWER spying some sloppy work and getting them sued. hahahaha I am about to fall out here!

Jayelles, when I read Mills' letter in that publication you put a link to, where he said that Patsy Ramsey had the POLICE lining the streets SALUTING HER as her coffin went by, I knew that this MILLS CHARACTER is PROBABLY either a serious drinker, on mind-altering medications, or has a mental disease, possibly related to OLD AGE. I have NEVER heard of American LE saluting any dead person who isn't LE or firefighters, etc. Not to mention, any LE that I know in Georgia is quite suspicious of the Ramseys involvment in a child murder! That "saluting Patsy" crap was the silliest LIE I ever heard in this long list of lies put out by the RST. hahaha They are truly demented.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

A poster on Topix states

yes and what a load of :(:(:(:( this is turning out to be, nothing but lies and I recon Keely has 'tunnel vision', hell bent on one thing and not seeing the other side to this crap! I am James Davies partner of five years, I went over to the USA and met his children, spent some quality time with them and the kids were happy healthy and content, he has been locked away as though he is already guilty and I actually thought 'innocent until proven guilty' but it obviously dont work that way. James has been through sheer hell for something he isn't guilty of and I do know that as fact. He is still rotting away in the Adelaide Remand Centre and really who gives a ':(:(:(:('?...really..besides me but like I said Keely has 'tunnel vision' syndrome.
    Evelyn, fighting for an innocent man.

Davis was arrested in Adelaide, Karr claimed to have worked in Sydney - that's approx 1420 kms apart - he could hardly just bump into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    Davis was arrested in Adelaide, Karr claimed to have worked in Sydney - that's approx 1420 kms apart - he could hardly just bump into him.
    It's the RAMSEY INTRUDER! Close enough!

Lock 'em up and throw away the key!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    A poster on Topix states

yes and what a load of :(:(:(:( this is turning out to be, nothing but lies and I recon Keely has 'tunnel vision', hell bent on one thing and not seeing the other side to this crap! I am James Davies partner of five years, I went over to the USA and met his children, spent some quality time with them and the kids were happy healthy and content, he has been locked away as though he is already guilty and I actually thought 'innocent until proven guilty' but it obviously dont work that way. James has been through sheer hell for something he isn't guilty of and I do know that as fact. He is still rotting away in the Adelaide Remand Centre and really who gives a ':(:(:(:('?...really..besides me but like I said Keely has 'tunnel vision' syndrome.
    Evelyn, fighting for an innocent man.

1420 kms is more than 882 miles. That's roughly the distance from Dallas to Chicago. But hey, that kind of detail never stopped the RST. I mean, look at Atlanta to Boulder. There's over 1250 miles between those two cities, but according to the Ram-lovers, John Mark Karr was able to be in both places at once. If he could do 1250 miles at the same time, 882 miles would be a snap. The fact that Sydney has a population of 4 million and Adelaide has over 1 million only adds to the ease with which JMK might bump into James Davies. (Sarcasm dripping off my tongue.)

Never mind the Campaign for Quality Television, how about the Campaign for Truthful Television?

BTW, there was an excellent documentary on just after it about a man who wakened from a coma after 20 years - that WAS good.

Having watched 75% of The Evil Twist, I now understand why it wasn't recommended by the TV guides!

Why can't someone just make an honest programme telling ALL of the facts and let viewers make their own minds up? It doesn't do this case any good at all to smudge or omit facts. Do Mills and Tracey think the British people don't read the Internet? Do they think we are incapable of researching facts for ourselves? I know Michael Tracey thinks people who do that have a genetic problem.... but the fact is that if you are told one thing and later find out it was only half the story (or a misrepresentation of the truth) it will end up having the OPPOSITE effect to what you set out to achieve.

jameson said :-

Also includes a small bit from John Ramsey that will take people by surprise. A bit on Patsy's strength.
    Uhm.... did they cut that bit out? John did say that he only saw Patsy cry twice - once when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and again just before she died because she knew they couldn't do any more and that this was it.

There was film footage of Patsy at home during her treatment.

One odd thing and I need to watch it again to get a hold of this. The documentary claimed that Karr's e-mails stopped in 2004 (note this would have been while they were filming the Gigax doc) but started again when it was announced that Patsy's cancer had come back. Didn't Patsy's cancer come back before that? I know she had several rounds with the disease between 2002/2003 up until she died, but it came across as though they were suggesting she had been free from the disease and that this was the catalyst from briging Daxis back out of the woodwork.

I have now watched the portion I missed. Not only does the documentary omit the FACT that it is a matter of public record that the DNA might not be the killer's.... they actually claim it IS the killer's DNA.

Why are they so dishonest? They could have reported that the DNA might not be the killer's, but then add that they believe it is. It's appalling.

Oh and they also used the "no footprints in the snow"!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    John did say that he only saw Patsy cry twice - once when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and again just before she died because she knew they couldn't do any more and that this was it.
    For pity's sake, John keeps demonstrating that, when it came to his wife, Patsy could have slit Burke's throat right in front of him and John would not have noticed, or he is lying for reasons unknown. Let us look at references in John's and Patsy's own book DOI on the subject of crying and Patsy, shall we?

Page 106, Patsy on watching Burke's first formal case interview with a psychologist: For two hours, the psychologist probed Burke’s mind while the detectives sent in questions. Every so often Linda Arndt would come into the break room to reassure me. I just couldn’t believe that I was sitting in a child advocacy center, where my son was being interrogated about the death of his little sister. At times I would begin to cry and shake uncontrollably.

Page 113: Jay Elowsky‘s home was a bachelor’s pad, and since Jay wasn’t there during the day, the house maintained a sparse quality. Located out on the prairie in North Boulder, the home’s interior was close to bare bones with little silverware, no coffee pot, few chairs, and one sofa. I didn’t really pay much attention because most of the time I slept to avoid facing the ugly pictures my mind kept showing me of what had happened to our daughter. Dropping into a medicated sleep shut everything out, but when I woke up the reality of my loss ht me all over. I cried constantly and felt beyond awful. John and I were so thankful that the women of St. John’s and other churches in Boulder began providing a hot meal for us each evening.

Page 144, Patsy on having her pubic hair samples taken: Until I saw the puffy red hearts on the nurse’s sweatshirt, I hadn’t even realized that we were on the eve of another Valentine’s Day. The longer I looked, the more the sight of her shirt made me miss JonBenet, and I started crying.

Page 155, Patsy on staying at the Stine house: After dinner I would usually excuse myself and retreat to our bedroom. Then I would choose one of the books on grief or faith that people had sent us, and read a few pages before crying myself to sleep.

Pages 172 and 173, Patsy on shopping for houses in Georgia, in particular one on Habersham Road in Georgia in 1997: In the past I’d always enjoyed looking at houses and inspecting every nook and cranny, but my enthusiasm just wasn’t there now. Crying still seemed to occur far more than I would have imagined possible. ... I tried to find a place to sit down outside because I was beginning to shake. The afternoon was slipping away, and I was tired from all we'd done that day. The trembling abruptly became more violent and I started crying. Without warning, a panic attack engulfed me in fear. John helped me to the car, and our realtor suggested we call it a day.

Page 174, Patsy on being at Lovett School once Burke was enrolled there: No matter where I went, I found myself thinking of her all the time. I loved JonBenet so much that it was impossible not to think about the “what ifs.” Little incidents around a school brought things she had done to mind. Sometimes I’d cry; occasionally I’d smile.

Page 243, the "you need Christmas more than anyone" chapter: As the boiling anger in my soul came to a head, I rushed into the bedroom and slammed the door. “I hate Christmas!” I screamed. I dropped on the bed and yelled at God or anyone else who would listen, “I absolutely don’t want to ever hear about Christmas again!” I beat on the bed and broke down sobbing uncontrollably. I have no idea how long I cried, but eventually the frustration subsided and my mind cleared a bit. In the silence that followed my anguished outburst, I looked at the ceiling, mindlessly staring and sighing.

Page 263, Patsy on her 1997 interview: I talked about getting up, finding the note, and the chaos that followed. Eventually I came to the moment when I saw JonBenet for the first time, lying beneath the Christmas tree, her arms over her head and her eyes closed. I was so overwhelmed by the memory that I started crying and couldn’t stop. The two detectives sat across the table, staring at me, without even suggesting a break. I guess they thought they must have broken me and a confession would soon follow. I have no idea how long I cried, but it was certainly a long time.

Page 274, Patsy on her 1998 interview: At one point, Tom Haney started insisting that JonBenet had been sexually abused and began speaking very harshly. I told him that no one had ever said that this claim was a fact. I would have known if she had been sexually abused. I shot a horrified look at Pat Burke, my attorney. “This just isn’t true,” I cried, with tears spilling down my face. Pat intervened and told Haney that sexual abuse was not a proven fact and that they were unduly upsetting me. After that, Haney backed off this subject.

Justified or not, Patsy herself painted her own public-relations image to the world as a weak and helpless person in the wake of JonBenet's murder who cried constantly at the slightest little thing, with even Christmas decorating capable of setting her off. That is at odds with John's potential revisionist history attempts to now paint her as so very strong that only twice did she cry, and then only in the face of her own death.

(Unless, of course, he is correct, and she did only cry twice, in which case Patsy lied knowingly and in volume through DOI, and such a person who could create this fictional image of herself was also capable of creating the fiction of the "good mother who would never kill her own daughter.")