Another Pending JBR Documentary in the UK

Discussion in 'The Truth About Colorado University Journalism Pr' started by tempester, Nov 26, 2006.

1. tempester

tempester Member

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

3. Elle

Elle Member

4. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Police believe Karr comitted the crime with an accomplice?

Sound familiar? Can't pin the crime on the "suspect", because of the DNA, handwriting, and oh yes, he was not in Colorado.....so natch an "unnamed accomplice".....

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  5. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

all those e-mails

There are a bunch of e-mails to Tracey and even phone calls and I saw no mention of an accomplice - maybe it would have to be Tracey. Just kidding, of course.

6. Jayelles

Synopsis of documentary from mydigiguide.com:-

I'll pick up the tv guides later and report what they say.

7. Jayelles

OK guys, I bought the two main tv guides - Radio Times and TV Times. These are weekly magazines which preview programmes and include the tv listings for the next week.

The documentary is produced by Michael Chrisman and David Mills - no mention of Michael Tracey. However, Michael Chrisman was involved in the Gigax documentary.

Now get this. The documentary gets NO mention in either of the tv guides apart from the tv listing itself. The other documentaries all had additional write-ups in the tv guides (which are magazines). Any programme which is worth watching gets an additional write-up.

Nor does either tv guide give the documentary a recommended viewing tag.

As I said before, I think it is very interesting that this documentary is showing on Channel 4 instead of ITV like the previous docs.

ETA - the Radio Times doesn't just have one "recommended choice" per channel per evening. They flag up all programmes they consider worth viewing. The JonBenet - an Evil Twist documentary is clearly just not recommended viewing.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, I guess in this case, since Karr was an INTERNATIONAL faux pas that ended with egg dripping off the faces of Lacy and Tracey, maybe the critics in your broadcast area noticed that the stupid CROC 4 is as absurd as we think it is.

9. Jayelles

I don't think this documentary is about Gigax. I think Karr will be mentioned and it sounds as if they will repeat older stuff about the media and the Ramseys.

I'll record it and watch it carefully. If it's biased or misleading, I'll consider complaining to Ofcom.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  10. Jayelles

I wonder if Maills and Tracey have parted company? Note this blurb about David Mills:-

The Gigax fiasco must have indeed been a great embarassment to Mills - "Quality Television"? A documentary full of misleading statements and outright lies?

I shall indeed be watching the next documentary with great interest to see if Mr Mills has learned any lessons. I do hope he sticks to the Ofcom Code of Practice this time. If he is going to mention the fact that the media were critical of the Ramseys, I hope he also states why. Not one of his British documentaries to date has mentioned the Ramseys' lack of co-operation. That could be construed as bias - something which is a breach of Ofcom's code of practice.

11. Jayelles

One of the other Brits at Websleuths found an article in one of the other TV guides (there are a dozen or more):-

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45024

This really better not be another misleading endeavour by these Producers.

If they omit certain important facts ... like the fact that some of the "details" Karr came out with in his e-mails were freely available on the Internet... or the FACT that the DNA might not the the killers .... then I will have to complain to Ofcom. I really will have had enough.

12. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Hi Jayelles, What does 'this one-off documentary' mean in the UK? One of a kind?

13. Jayelles

It means it isn't part of a series. The last two (not sure about the first one) were part of a crime series called "Real Crime".

14. Jayelles

Started now. Tracey on the box. John Ramsey livelier, more relaxed and happier than I've ever seen him.

Time for bed. Skybox and PC are both recording. Seems to be a Tracey PR piece.

15. Jayelles

It was absolutely disgraceful. A one-sided Tracey/Ramsey/Lacey propaganda piece.

There was no mention of Karr's alibis or Lacey's failure to check them out. No mention that the DNA might not be the killer's.

Seriously guuys - this needs to be reported to Ofcom and David Mills needs to resign from his post on the Campaign for Quality Television. He needs to hang his head in shame for producing yet another misleading and one-sided piece about the Ramsey case. That does NOT make quality television.

There was plenty of criticism of the media for labelling the Ramseys as suspects - no mention of the reasons why this happened. The media just picked on the poor Ramseys. The documentary also claimed that it was the same people who hounded the Ramseys who gave Mary Lacy a tough time (a piece of Peter Boyles was played). They came out of the woodwork and used Karr as a reason to attack the Ramseys yet again (footage of some guy I didn't recognise on tv). Oh and the Keith ABlow interview with karr was also used.

I am completely disgusted that we have now had four documentaries which have presented a careful selection of facts and omissions. IMO, this documentary contravenes Ofcom's Code of Practice in that it was clearly biased.

It ended up by suggesting that Karr is still a suspect and that he had an accomplice - a neighbour from Alabama who was arrested for sexual assault on a child in Australia. Apparently Karr visited Australia before he went to Bankok so they were both there at the same time (i.e. VERY suspicious....).

No mention of Gigax that I saw (I did miss about 10 minutes for a phone call).

I was also struck by how defensive Tracey and co were. Lou Smit was interviewed briefly and Bryan Morgan too. Charlevoix looks lovely. I wouldn't like to meet Gary Phillips in a dark alley.

Programme makers should NOT be allowed to use their positions to influence the public's thinking one way or another... they aren't allowed. Yet David Mills has done it four times now. It's time he was stopped.

Taking a deep breath now.

16. Jayelles

Oh I have recorded it onto my pc. Tomorrow I will try to burn it onto a DVD for Why_Nut. Haven't managed to do that successfully yet but I will try again.

17. koldkase

HAHAHA You mean they actually tried to IMPLY that they KNOW who the ACCOMPLICE IS? Another Alabama man? hahahaha Oh, they are true Tricksters, aren't they?

They didn't put that in the show here. Guess they didn't want AN ALERT FFJ VIEWER spying some sloppy work and getting them sued. hahahaha I am about to fall out here!

Jayelles, when I read Mills' letter in that publication you put a link to, where he said that Patsy Ramsey had the POLICE lining the streets SALUTING HER as her coffin went by, I knew that this MILLS CHARACTER is PROBABLY either a serious drinker, on mind-altering medications, or has a mental disease, possibly related to OLD AGE. I have NEVER heard of American LE saluting any dead person who isn't LE or firefighters, etc. Not to mention, any LE that I know in Georgia is quite suspicious of the Ramseys involvment in a child murder! That "saluting Patsy" crap was the silliest LIE I ever heard in this long list of lies put out by the RST. hahaha They are truly demented.

18. Amber

Amber Member

A poster on Topix states

yes and what a load of :(:(:(:( this is turning out to be, nothing but lies and I recon Keely has 'tunnel vision', hell bent on one thing and not seeing the other side to this crap! I am James Davies partner of five years, I went over to the USA and met his children, spent some quality time with them and the kids were happy healthy and content, he has been locked away as though he is already guilty and I actually thought 'innocent until proven guilty' but it obviously dont work that way. James has been through sheer hell for something he isn't guilty of and I do know that as fact. He is still rotting away in the Adelaide Remand Centre and really who gives a ':(:(:(:('?...really..besides me but like I said Keely has 'tunnel vision' syndrome.
    Evelyn, fighting for an innocent man.

Davis was arrested in Adelaide, Karr claimed to have worked in Sydney - that's approx 1420 kms apart - he could hardly just bump into him.

19. koldkase

It's the RAMSEY INTRUDER! Close enough!

Lock 'em up and throw away the key! :cop:

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

1420 kms is more than 882 miles. That's roughly the distance from Dallas to Chicago. But hey, that kind of detail never stopped the RST. I mean, look at Atlanta to Boulder. There's over 1250 miles between those two cities, but according to the Ram-lovers, John Mark Karr was able to be in both places at once. If he could do 1250 miles at the same time, 882 miles would be a snap. The fact that Sydney has a population of 4 million and Adelaide has over 1 million only adds to the ease with which JMK might bump into James Davies. (Sarcasm dripping off my tongue.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice