O'Reilly Tonight: Mary Lacy is an Idiot

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Carol, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Carol

Carol Member

I just saw a very short segment on the Jason Midyette case on O'Reilly tonight. He was interviewing Greta about two stories she will be covering on her own show this evening: Jason and Natalee Holloway. I will try to remember as best I can:

O'Reilly: Mary Lacy doesn't know what she's doing.

Greta: We often don't know what is going on behind closed doors in the prosecutor's office. We should give them the benefit of the doubt, etc.

O'Reilly: Have you heard, Greta? The verdict is in - Mary Lacy is an idiot; she's a boob; she doesn't know what she's doing. Ever hear of John Mark Karr?

Greta: I know she really messed up the Karr case and it seems that Jason's parents are not cooperating with the authorities.

They then went on to the Holloway case.

2. Amber

Amber Member

It's official, she's an idiot :borgsmile

This coming after the 48 hours propaganda is great...no hour of lies, beating a dead horse and spinning till you feel sick....no, no, no..straight to the point - Have you heard, Greta? The verdict is in - Mary Lacy is an idiot; she's a boob; she doesn't know what she's doing. Ever hear of John Mark Karr?

Now would be a good time to let Bill know about the latest JMK allegations and can someone please ask Bill why at a time when terrorism is your nations top priority WHY two agents from HOMELAND SECURITY are still involved in this case? Why not normal LE? WHY HS?

ETA from wiki

Homeland security refers to governmental actions designed to prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from acts of terrorism, and also respond to natural disasters. The term became prominent in the United States following the September 11, 2001 attacks; it had been used only in limited policy circles prior to 9/11. Before this time, such action had been classified as civil defense.

Homeland security is officially defined as "a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States, reduce America’s vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur," according to the National Strategy for Homeland Security.[1] Because the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) includes the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) it has responsibility for preparedness, response and recovery to natural disasters as well.

I can see perhaps that Lacy could be seen as a form of natural disaster...but

3. Carol

Carol Member

Did you watch Greta last night, Amber? I taped the repeat episode and watched this morning, but my cable channel guide must be wrong because I taped the wrong program. I'm so angry. I hope I can find a transcript. O'Reilly's show last night was basically a promo for Greta's show.

4. Tez

Tez Member

I love Bill O'Reilly. He tells it just like it is.

I wish Mark Fuhrman would get involved in the Midyette case. I know he's made some terrible mistakes in the past, but I think he's an excellent investigator. BTW, does anyone have his book on Terry Shiavo?

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I have his book on Terry Schiavo, Tez. I thought it was excellent. I know a lot of people don't like Mark Fuhrman. He should have seen the trap Simpson's defense was setting for him when they asked if he had ever used the N word, but for some reason, he didn't. I never thought that using the N word was as bad as butchering your ex wife and her friend, but, whatever. Black people call each other the N word. It's a weird situation. I don't use the N word, myself, but I think more was made of Fuhrman's usage of it than should have been allowed. So, they had him saying the N word 10 years prior to Simpson's murdering two people. BFD. The fact is, Fuhrman was a damn good detective. He was a little cocky, but most detectives are. I'd rather have him on a case than that loser, Lou Smit.

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Amen to that one WY. His past remark was blown way out of proportion on the OJ case...everyone forgot to look at the bigger picture there. Also he did a good job on the Moxley case. I have always wanted him to get involved in the Ramsey case, and the Midyette case would be great as well.

7. Tez

Tez Member

I agree with everything you are saying WY. And no using that word doesn't compare to butchering your ex and her friend. And now OJ is basically admitting he did it! I feel for the Goldman family and OJ's kids.

WY, could I borrow that book from you?

8. Watching You

You may certainly borrow the book, if I can find it, Tez. I have books tucked away everywhere - cabinets and shelves all over my apartment are stacked with books - shelves in my laundry room are even stacked with books. I will look for it tonight and get your address to send it to you tomorrow. There is a possibility one of my kids has it, too, but I don't think so.

9. Carol

Carol Member

His book on Terri Schiavo was excellent. It was completely un-biased and objective. He gave the reader a number of different ways in which Teri could have been put into the state she was in.

I also thought O'Reilly really told it like it was last night. For some reason, Greta didn't take the bait, though. Maybe she felt she had to stick up for her fellow lawyer. Although at one point she said something like Lacy may one day be thought of as being as incompetent as Mike Nifong (the prosecutor in the Duke rape case).

The same assistant who followed Lacy into her garage a few weeks ago last night followed a judge from Missouri (I believe) almost into his garage. This judge apparently sentenced a man who raped a nine-year-old girl to just probation, no jail time.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  10. Watching You

Fuhrman is no fool, and I think he's already figured out who killed JB, or at least who was involved. The truth is, no one has to be a genius to figure the JBR case out - in fact, the case was solved years ago. True incompetence and personal agendas in the DA's office allowed the killer and accomplice to go free, and personal agendas and pure corruption continue to be abundant in the same office. Never have I witnessed such blatant, in-your-face favoritism for the rich and disregard for justice as I've seen in Boulder, CO. They have thumbed their nose at everyone who expects them to act ethically and logically.

11. Amber

Amber Member

No Carol, I was just reacting to your post;)

When I am in the UK I can watch Fox, but here we only have CNN international.

I still can't bear to think of Terry...I got really emotionally involved in that one..I emailed so many people including Jeb Bush. I cannot stand to see people get away with murder and hers was a long public one. :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

12. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

Mike Fuhrman

Mike should have been supported more by Marcia Clarke. She could have reclaimed some of his reputation by showing that he routinely played basketball, and was friends with some black police officers. Also, he got a black man that was being prosecuted for murder off the hook by investigating on his own time. (I hope this last part is accurate - it is from a book I read some years ago and my memory is a little rusty)

13. Carol

Carol Member

I agree, Texan. I think Fuhrman had a black partner who said that he never heard him use any derogatory language against minorities.

O'Reilly read a letter last night about the previous night's Mary Lacy/Jason Midyette segment when Greta was a guest. The writer said that it was very rude of O'Reilly to call Lacy an idiot. O'Reilly responded that two babies are dead in Colorado and no one has been arrested in part thanks to Mary Lacy. I assumed that the other baby to whom he was referring was JonBenet.

14. Tez

Tez Member

I think O'Reilly uses great restraint in just calling her an idiot and a boob. I have other pet names for her and they aren't near as nice.

That person that wrote O'Reilly must live in Boulder and be related to the Midyettes.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

O'Reilly was more charitable than I would be!

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Good for O'Reilly!

I hope he stays on Lacy's case until she decides to retire. Then maybe Boulder will be safe for kids again.

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Lacy is not an idiot; she DREAMS of one day being an idiot!

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

True, Punisher. Lacy is so stupid, she aspires to be an idiot one day.

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Or to paraphrase one of my favorite movie lines: To call Lacy an idiot would be an insult to idiots.

20. heymom

heymom Member

This is my own line, not from a movie:

"Were you born that stupid, or do you have to work at it?" :) Made that up myself years ago...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice