Signs of Deception

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Amber, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Amber

Amber Member

After reading this post by Heymom I thought I would begin a seperate thread about subtle clues that indicate a person may be lying. Because Heymon is right JR's reaction in the clip is jaw dropping.

2. Amber

Amber Member

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2006/08/john-mark-karr.html

3. Amber

Amber Member

http://www.financevisor.com/market/news_detail.aspx?rid=45354

Driver has responded to the flux of e-mails by sending each person her cutting-edge Lyin’ Tamer Quick Tips: Typical Indicators of Truthful People Verses Deceptive People.

Typical Indicators of TRUTHFUL People
    •Direct
    •Open
    •Spontaneous
    •Story does not change
    •Verbal and non-verbal cues match
    •Facial expressions match their emotions
    •Few pauses outside norm

Typical Indicators of Deceptive People:
    •Evasive
    •Too many pauses
    •Soft words
    •State if you can’t prove it, then they didn’t do it
    •Words conflict actions (body language)
    •Allows interviewer to fill in the gaps in their story
    •Slip of the tongue
    •Stalling techniques, i.e. repeat the question, ums, ers, clears throat
    •Incorrect verb tenses, i.e. "I love JonBenet" instead of "loved"
    •Distancing language, i.e. "I did not have sexual relations with THAT woman."
    •Mood swings
    •Memory too good/Memory failure
    •Complain excessively
    •Offer excuses rather than facts
    •Shoulder-shrug with a definite statement
    •Shaking head "yes" while saying "no" and vice versa
    •Excessive thinking and pauses where there should not be
    •Micro-expressions, where facial expressions leak hidden emotions

Driver, who has over a decade of experience instructing law enforcement officials, attorneys and judges is a popular media guest for NBC, CBS and FOX News. Driver has been trained by international deception detection expert psychologist Dr. Mark Frank and former ATF Agent J.J. Newberry.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I sure would love to see their assessments of the Ramsey interviews. :tsmile:

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

6. koldkase

She smiles as she responds to being asked if she murdered her daughter.

John smiles as he searches for words to answer the question, did you kill your daughter.

How inappropriate can they be? Is this humorous to them? Why? What about that question is REMOTELY amusing, in any case?

7. heymom

heymom Member

Please! Files are missing!

Why Nut - I can't play the files you uploaded any longer! Are they on YouTube now? I wanted Hubby to see that again.

8. Tez

Tez Member

Good question KK? I don't find it amusing in the least, and I didn't even know the child.

As heymom pointed out John's arrogance is just sick. Maybe that is why they smile when they are asked if they killed her, their arrogance. John knows he's gotten away with it. Patsy got away with it, so really I guess all John can do is smile. He makes me sick.

9. tylin

tylin Banned

10. Charlie

Charlie Member

Id love to see and hear this clip, anyone know the link?

11. Amber

Amber Member

I think Why Nut is trying to get it back for us ;)

12. Amber

Amber Member

13. heymom

heymom Member

I looked at this yesterday. Have you seen the one with the probability study on Patsy's handwriting? That is beyond excellent.

14. Amber

Amber Member

No, do you have a link?

15. heymom

heymom Member

16. Amber

Amber Member

Thanks ;) I have a pop-up blocker...so I guess that's the next half hour taken care of :)

17. heymom

heymom Member

Statement Analysis

I found this little paragraph rather interesting, in view of the response of John Andrew Ramsey when asked what should happen to the killer of his stepsister:

Sawyer: “And what do you think should be done to someone who does that?â€
    Jackson: “To someone who does that? What I think should be done? Gee....I think they need help....in some kind of way....you know.â€

Here we have Jackson answering the question with two questions. He wasn’t looking for clarification because he does not wait for Sawyer to answer his questions. Jackson is stalling for time to think about how he should answer this question. This tells us this is a sensitive question for Jackson. Michael Jackson loves children. In his December 22, 1993 statement, Jackson said, “It brings tears to my eyes when I see any child who suffers.†You would think Jackson like most people would be outraged with someone who molested a child. You would think he would want some type of punishment for the person who would do such a terrible thing. His response, “Gee....I think they need help,†does not show that. We have to wonder why he is showing sympathy towards a child molester.

Definitely shows that the person understands who has done the killing, and is sympathetic toward the person (in Michael Jackson's case, it was himself). So most likely JAR knows what happened that night. I wonder if he will ever come forward.

18. heymom

heymom Member

And this one, reminded me of Patsy's response when told or asked about the sexual abuse of "that child."

After she confessed, she was told that she made the deposit on Monday at 8:00 pm. Her response was "How did you know that?" Remember, people's words will betray them.

Patsy shifted into "How did you find that out," and "I didn't know that," not "What the he11?? Who did it, I'll murder him myself, etc." So it's almost certain she knew exactly who had been abusing JonBenet.

19. sboyd

sboyd Member

HeyMom: Also when Haney asks her "Did you know about this" Patsy says "I, I knew..." and Tom Haney says "you knew" and Patsy says "I knew there were ....um (I don't have verbatim what she says next) but -- she is implying that she heard mention of something in the tabloids, I believe.

When Haney asks her about it, she says to her hired private investigator "did you know about this".

20. koldkase

Which is when their WORLD-CLASS PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR says something absolutely remarkable: He tells Patsy that it's not for sure that this is true.

And why is that remarkable? Because this WORLD-CLASS INVESTIGATOR has just admitted that in a year and a half, they NEVER even questioned the MOTHER of a child molestation and murder victim to find out if there was ANY information she could give them about this troubling evidence. Even if they thought it PROBABLY was wrong about the PRIOR molestation, wouldn't they want to INVESTIGATE IT, just in case IT WAS TRUE? They certainly have chased many red herrings in this case, why not one based in EVIDENCE which had the potential to be THE LEAD TO THE KILLER?

I mean, wouldn't that be THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT CLUE TO INVESTIGATE, IF IT WERE TRUE?

But here we have the RAMS' WORLD-CLASS INVESTIGATORS, whom John HERALDED as the second coming almost, SMIT, THE GENIUS HOMICIDE SOLVER...and they don't even ASK THE MOTHER OF THE VICTIM IF SHE SAW ANY SIGNS OF PRIOR MOLESTATION, ASK THE MOTHER OF THE VICTIM WHO COULD HAVE GOTTEN ALONE WITH JONBENET TO DO THIS IN THE DAYS AND WEEKS PRIOR TO HER MURDER, DID SHE SEE OR HEAR ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS, LIKE BLOOD IN JONBENET'S PANTIES? How about WHY DID SHE CALL DR. BEUF'S OFFICE 3 TIMES IN AN HOUR IN DECEMBER?

You know...SIMPLE stuff. Things a MORON could think of to ask if TRULY looking for a child killer....

But not the Ram WORLD-CLASS DETECTIVES. Nope. NOT LOU SMIT. Apparently, they decided this just wasn't A LEAD they TRULY wanted to follow. It wasn't IMPORTANT like chasing down strangers who happened to be breathing at the time JonBenet was murdered....

I know I'm no brain trust. I know I'm not remotely smart in the big scheme of things...but EVEN I can figure out THIS IS IMPORTANT! Even if there's only a CHANCE that it's true...and I believe the experts have unanimously stated from the evidence at autopsy IT IS TRUE.

But here we have Patsy's OWN PAID DETECTIVE AND LAWYER admitting in a taped interview with LE, when she's told POINT BLANK by Detective Haney that the evidence proves that JonBenet was molested PRIOR TO THAT NIGHT, that they never even brought it up with Patsy...never asked her anything about it...never followed through with arguably THE MOST IMPORTANT EVIDENCE WHICH WOULD LEAD TO THE KILLER FASTER THAN ANY OTHER...nada, zilch, zip.

At this point in this case interview, I believe it is clear as a bell that the Ramseys not only were obstructing justice in this murder, but that their paid shills were doing the very same. Of course, the shills have an excuse: they were working for THE PRIME SUSPECTS, and they obviously didn't WANT to know the answer to THAT QUESTION. Their avoidance of this evidence was DELIBERATE. And that tells me they KNEW it was potentially damning for their clients.

But Patsy's brief and unconvincing response convinces me either she didn't want to know, as well, or she already knew. I believe the latter is true.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice