Smit and Strangulation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Amber, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Amber

Amber Member

From Larry King Live

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/fortwayne/news/local/16079380.htm

2. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

My mom used to say "If you don't settle down, I'm going to strangle you!"

3. Amber

Amber Member

Parents who kill

It is almost 13 years since her husband, a GP, killed their children. Jack was three and Nina four. He strangled them with a pyjama cord and wrapped their bodies in duvets, before placing them in a cellar

4. sue

sue Member

BINGO!
    We gave a winner.

5. Amber

Amber Member

Yep..I had the same thought :curtsey: Did he just block out the 8 inch fracture to her skull?

6. Amber

Amber Member

June, 2003 a young couple in Texas strangled and then decapitated their three young children. Children under the age of 5 in the United States are more likely to be killed by their parents than by anyone else. FBI crime stats show that in 1999 parents were responsible for 57% of these murders. Even though women commit less than 13% of all violent crime, they are responsible for about 50% of all parental murders.

On September 3, 1998, in St. Paul, Minnesota, Khoua Her, a Hmong immigrant who had been living in the United States for several years, strangled her six children and attempted suicide before calling 911 to report the incident

7. tylin

tylin Banned

Can someone send Hill to Boulder?

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Lou Smit has been a puzzle to me. I've read so much BS about what a crackerjack detective he was, but I've never witnessed such incompetence as I have witnessed with Lou Smit. It is outrageous that he became an activist for the Ramseys, people who were suspects in their daughter's death. Detectives are NOT supposed to get involved with suspects that way.

Above all else, detectives are supposed to remain professional and avoid all appearances of advocating for anyone. He lost all professionalism and credibility when he took up the Ramseys' cause during his tenure working for the Boulder DA's office. He had no business doing that, no matter what his personal beliefs were. If he truly thought the Ramseys were innocent, his thoughts should have stayed inside the investigation, and his opinion should have been hashed out there, not in a documentary on public TV. What he did should have ostrasized him from ever working a case with LE again. When have we ever seen any other detective working a case go rogue like Smit did?

Steve Thomas wrote his book to expose the corruption in Boulder, and I still believe he did the right thing. He did not make a documentary and go on TV to try to get the Ramseys convicted. I'm glad he did what he did. But, Smit made clearing the Ramseys his cause, his life, to the point where he breached every single rule of evidence I've ever known, spinning and concocting stories so farfetched, no reasonably thinking person would ever buy it. I frankly don't get it.

IMMHO, because of Smit's appalling behavior in the Ramsey case, I believe that every case Lou Smit worked on in the past should be reopened and reexamined.

9. heymom

heymom Member

Maybe we can take him there when we take Karr??? :)

10. heymom

heymom Member

Too right, WY, and it's still amazing to me that Lou Bullsmit has any credibility anywhere. But it's not just Boulder, he's in Colorado Springs, isn't he? Is there no one anywhere who sees that the emperor has no clothes in this case? Well, besides us, that is.

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

From Larry King Live
    LOL! Priceless! Yeah, Louie, dead on target indeed!
    That alleged supersleuth was so caught up in the garrote scene that he forgot the head bash. :D
    In fact Smit always forgot the head bash when it came to assessing the crime scene. He babbled about the sexual predator "violently pulling the garrote handle", but never really tried to build the head blow into his sequence of events. And when you look at it more closely, Smit never was able to present a conclusive time line either which involved an intruder.
    Smit also completely disregarded the ransom note: it didn't fit into his sexual predator scenario, which is why he practically leaves it out.

Smit's interview with John Ramsey is a joke. For Smit actually helps John to explain away incriminating evidence against the Ramseys. In short, Smit sounds like John's defense lawyer.

That laughable BullSmit interview should be shown to criminal law students as a prime example of "How not to conduct an interview with a suspect".

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  12. sboyd

sboyd Member

It is so bad, it could be on Saturday Night Live - I was waiting for him to offer John a cigar and some brandy.

13. Amber

Amber Member

Actually, when I first came here and saw that clip I thought that John was talking to a TV presenter...when I found out it was Smit - who was supposed to be interrogating him - I was gobsmacked.

14. Paradox

What happened to Smit and why? He didn't just wake up stupid and incompetent one morning did he? Was he beguiled? Was he bewitched? Hypnotized? Smitten? Did Patsy spin a web, use black magic? Something happened.

15. tylin

tylin Banned

Now that's a plan. :)

16. Elle

Elle Member

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Watching You
    Lou Smit has been a puzzle to me. I've read so much BS about what a crackerjack detective he was, but I've never witnessed such incompetence as I have witnessed with Lou Smit. It is outrageous that he became an activist for the Ramseys, people who were suspects in their daughter's death. Detectives are NOT supposed to get involved with suspects that way.

Above all else, detectives are supposed to remain professional and avoid all appearances of advocating for anyone. He lost all professionalism and credibility when he took up the Ramseys' cause during his tenure working for the Boulder DA's office. He had no business doing that, no matter what his personal beliefs were. If he truly thought the Ramseys were innocent, his thoughts should have stayed inside the investigation, and his opinion should have been hashed out there, not in a documentary on public TV. What he did should have ostrasized him from ever working a case with LE again. When have we ever seen any other detective working a case go rogue like Smit did?

Steve Thomas wrote his book to expose the corruption in Boulder, and I still believe he did the right thing. He did not make a documentary and go on TV to try to get the Ramseys convicted. I'm glad he did what he did. But, Smit made clearing the Ramseys his cause, his life, to the point where he breached every single rule of evidence I've ever known, spinning and concocting stories so farfetched, no reasonably thinking person would ever buy it. I frankly don't get it.

IMMHO, because of Smit's appalling behavior in the Ramsey case, I believe that every case Lou Smit worked on in the past should be reopened and reexamined.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I couldn't agree with you more, WY. Well said. I think it's appalling that he was allowed to walk out the door with the Power Point Presentation.
    Could anyone advise us who we could write to, to have this information taken away from him? Am I reaching too high?

17. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

He retired, and his life got boring--that's what happened. The Ramsey case was his chance to step into the limelight and he took it. If it wasn't for Ramsey, he would be spending his days playing checkers at some senior center.

18. Paradox

I think there is more going on. Smit wasn't the only one that was buffaloed by the Ramseys. Afterall, one of the most repeated phrases concerning this case is "I just can't believe a mother could do such a thing." John isn't all that beguiling, therefor, I think it's Patsy's "act" that sways people. Plus, JonBenet was "set-up" to such an extent as a darling angel that no one can believe a mother would do such a thing and then invite the world in to see what she had done. Patsy filled the bill as a witch in more ways than one.

19. Amber

Amber Member

Don't they practice some sort of voodoo in the south...I think I saw it on the discovery channel once:)

20. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'd like to know if jbr clawed at her neck or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice