One Good Thing

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Amber, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Amber

Amber Member

One of the few good things to come out of the Karr fiasco is that the spotlight was thrown onto Thailand.

Here is a link to one of our local newspapers

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?Folder=16&IdArticle=3479

[​IMG]

Now it could just be that Thailand got such bad publicity during the Karr thing that tourism began to be affected so now they are having a crack down. I hope it is a longer term policy.

BTW 1000 baht is about 14 british pounds;28 US dollars;32 Canadian dollars or 35 AUS dollars.

2. tylin

tylin Banned

Amber,
    Thanks for posting the info about Thailand. Isn't it a shame and a disgrace that pedophelia in Thailand was more or less ignored/accepted until Karr came into the spotlight? :dervish:

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Great news Amber! But what is a ladyboy?

4. heymom

heymom Member

From reading the story, it sounds like the "lady boys" are pimps. They deliver the young boys to the pedophile's homes.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Oh good grief, Amber. This is sickening. How can the adults turn a blind eye to all this going on in their country? Sad.You're right about Karr. From something bad, comes something good.

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Not two weeks after his arrest, the gov't was overthrown. You have to wonder if there isn't a connection...

7. sboyd

sboyd Member

According to the documentary I saw on this, before any contact with a child is allowed, the police are paid their share.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Not to mention, the parents, often heroin addicts from the poppy fields there, sell their children to the pimps outright. These people are truly barbaric.

And the pervs who buy the children...even worse. I have no problem giving the death penalty to predators who prey on children for their sexual drives to be satisfied. How much more depraved can a person be? Just put 'em down like the dogs they are, because they will never change and they will always be a threat to any child who gets within their reach.

And if I seem without compassion in saying this...PYRATE! :pirate:

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

My sentiments exactly!!!

Recently, a local jury convicted a child molester who had raped a young girl. He had to be forceably removed from the courtroom after his sentencing because he began screaming at the judge and jury and fighting with the bailiffs. He couldn't believe he was convicted. He said that children weren't worth anything, so it didn't matter what you did to them.

Unfortunately, he only got 40 years in the pen, so he'll be eligible for parole before his life is over (he was in his late 30s or early 40s). It made me shudder to think someone actually believes what he said, and made me feel absolutely sick inside knowing the minute he gets out of prison, he will be free to prey on children again.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Hopefully, he will repeat his rant in prison to the other inmates and if so, getting out of prison just might NOT be an option

Funny thing, but there is a code in prison and "short eyes" (what they call child molestors) very often never get out, except in a box.

Here's hoping.........

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  11. Cherokee

That's true about child molesters being targets in prison; the reason being a lot of the inmates were molested as children.

I wonder where the name "short eyes" came from. I guess I'll just have to go look that up.

12. heymom

heymom Member

I take it to mean they have "eyes" for short people, and that doesn't mean dwarves. I have heard that child molesters are routinely killed, if they aren't isolated from the general prison population. There is a certain kind of honor among thieves...and justice at the hands of your victims.

13. Amber

Amber Member

A 'ladyboy' is what they call here a 'person of the third sex' or a 'Katoey'.

They are transvestites or transexuals.

I can spot them a mile away, but most drunk visiting tourists cannot.

In Thailand they can be especially violent - often high on drugs, if a man turns them down or ridicules them they can often end up stabbing or seriously assaulting him.

My husband when he was here on his own saw a woman approaching him on the street, before he knew what was happening 'she' had grabbed him by the wedding tackle and squeezed hard enough to make my poor man double over in pain. The next thing he knows - his wallet is gone! He realised she was a he when she said something in Thai - 'her' voice being even lower than his.

Katoeys are usually the dancers in cabarets, and often the staff of bars, go-go’s, etc. Most can be distinguished by a large Adam’s apple, large hands, large feet, or masculine voice – but not always. Katoeys sometimes operate in gangs as petty thieves and pickpockets, and they can be very violent.

[​IMG]

14. Cherokee

"Wedding tackle" ... what a great phrase. I've never heard that one before. I learn so much on this forum. :D

15. Show Me

Are those ladyboys Amber? Except for a few the rest look like beautiful women to me.

I guess that's why they are called ladyboys!

Sheesh, think of what a great undercover cop a ladyboy make.

I hope your hubby is okay, sorry he was assaulted and robbed.

16. Amber

Amber Member

Yes, they're all Ladyboys.

They look authentic there in 2d but I can spot them by their exaggerated hip swinging, and by other exaggerated gestures that they think REAL women do.

Hubby is ok, thanks.

Since then we've been burgled, assaulted by a baht bus driver, I've been groped on a bus, stalked, we've been 'robbed' of money in restaurants/bars where they say you only gave me 500 when we know we gave a 1000 baht note...I could go on and on...I usually do. It's a strange place to live, but it's NEVER ever boring. :fight:

17. heymom

heymom Member

Women can always tell when it's a "shim." We know what is and isn't a girl!! Even the best, most delicate transvestite or cross-dresser isn't female. They just aren't.

So the "ladyboys" prostitute out the other boys? They pimp out boys and also "work" themselves?

What a place.

18. Amber

Amber Member

I don't call it Sodom and Gomorrah for nothing :scream: :scream:

19. Show Me

Since then we've been burgled, assaulted by a baht bus driver, I've been groped on a bus, stalked, we've been 'robbed' of money in restaurants/bars where they say you only gave me 500 when we know we gave a 1000 baht note...I could go on and on...I usually do. It's a strange place to live, but it's NEVER ever boring.

We've got a part of downtown like that!

Surely there are places in Thailand that are fairly safe beyond the tourist haunts?

20. heymom

heymom Member

The unfortunate thing is that there are many places on earth now that qualify for that title.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice