Jeffrey Scott Shapiro - Time for the FBI to Take Over

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Little

Little Member

Jeff has been on this case about as long as anyone else.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Wow. Seems Shapiro has jumped the fence again. Guess John Ramsey didn't return his phone calls.

But I agree with Shapiro. He's actually written a very good piece here.

I wish the FBI would get the case. But won't happen as long as Lacy has the Colorado governor in her pocket, along with the A.G., who has been friends of the Ramseys in the past. Until someone over her head takes the case away from the BDA, there will never be any movement in this case but to dig it deeper into the grave where it now resides.

3. tylin

tylin Banned

Shapiro's written a good piece. If only all major newspapers would/could print it.

4. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

It is now time to spit into the wind.

5. Little

Little Member

What he wrote sure makes sense to me too KK. At this point in time there's hardly any way for the Boulder DA's office to be handle this and be considered impartial. If the FBI took on this case there's no way Lin Wood's threats to sue the DA would have any impact the way they did when he bullied them into taking this away from the BPD. This case needs to be out of the hands of attorneys and put into the hands of competent and impartial investigators.

Jeff Shapiro has been on both sides and down the middle of this case from very early on. He wrote:
    Yep.

Little

6. Little

Little Member

That would be great tylin :)

Little

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Shapiro seems to switch sides everytime he speaks out and I wouldn't trust him an inch.

I didn't think Karr had been charged. I thought he was arrested, but released without charge.

8. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Lacy wants more money so she can make a bigger fool of herself!

Any DA who didn't read the autopsy report of the victim, doesn't understand search and seizure laws and let's one of the main suspects run her office with his friends and former paid investigators is either totally corrupt or hopelessly incompetent....or in Lacy's case -both.

Watch the Midyette Grand jury come to naught....Lacy does press conferences and publicity, Lacy does not prosecute murderers.

Wonder if the 40 thousand is to hire a Midyette person to help her run the investigation?

9. wombat

wombat Member

I don't know - somebody like Shapiro could have grown up a lot since the debacle in Boulder ten years ago. He graduated law school from the University of Florida a year or so ago; maybe an ethics course or a good group of professors and students cleared up his brain. Hey, maybe he grew a brain!
    :laffbig:

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

:2cents:

Like it or not, the FBI is the only enforcement agency left that would have any ability whatsoever, without interference to solve this case, if it is solveable. It may not be prosecutable, but it sure can be solved.

I would love to hear the reasons why the FBI would not be asked to investigate this murder.

Who can ask for the FBI to take over? The DA? The Governor?

It's about time. Everyone else has had their shot at it and failed miserably and with scandal after scandal

Let the FBI handle it and "let the chips fall where they may". You can rest assured that JMK won't be in the mix, nor will Tracey or Smit.

I think everybody has had just about enough BullSmit to last a lifetime :hypno:

11. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Can the FBI be asked to take over a crime? I know our police forces can "call in Scotland Yard" but I thought that it would only be as an advisory body?

12. heymom

heymom Member

The murder of JonBenet Ramsey remains one of the most heartbreaking and cruel child murders ever in America. She was known in her community as a warm, loving child who showed unique signs of talent, intelligence and even compassion. Her murder, like all child murders, is a tragedy that should not be forgotten.

Sorry to say that JonBenet wasn't all that unique. What made her unique was that her parents caused her death, covered it up, and had the money to hire powerful lawyers that kept them out of jail for the crime. And she happened to live in Boulder, where rich people don't do anything wrong. The press made her into something she was not, especially once they got the pageant footage. She was a little girl, used and abused by her parents, killed and left dead by the Christmas tree in her own home, while her mom and dad ran off to cry with their "friends."

13. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks Little for posting this article. Who would have thought we would have been saying "Three Cheers" for Jeff Shapiro, after all the sucking up he did with the Ramsey church group, including the minister?

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro - Time for the FBI to Take Over :toast:

14. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

The FBI has much more important things to work on than a 10 year old case that may, or may not, be a murder - which was totally botched by local law enforcement. (unless someone can prove one of the Ramseys was working with Osama...)
    Shipiro should be smart enough to know this.

15. goddess

goddess Member

I agree with your post.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Unless the crime involves more than one state, a kidnapping, or federal laws being broken, the FBI doesn't just invite themselves in to elbow out the local jurisdiction.

The FBI would have to be invited to take the case; I think that's how it works. Then they could decline, I suppose. And of course, they probably would at this point, since they know there is no way ANYONE is going to be able to make a case against ANY LIVING PERSON beyond a reasonable doubt now. Like BlueStrat says, why would they want to waste their time on such a loser when they have plenty else to do?

17. tylin

tylin Banned

You got that right heymom...absolutely, positively, right. (I believe that's exactly what happened.) :star3d: :gavel:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  18. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

to be pedantic...not at anyone here...but with view to shoe horning the feds into this.

Think...there has never been a trial, for all intents and purposes the DA has never really dismissed the ransome letter as anything but a ruse...for to do so would implicate the Ramseys. So officially we have kidnap /murder.

THIS DOES FALL IN TO THE JURISDICTION OF THE FBI !! :)))
    they could usurp it as a cold case....once they have it and that can of worms is opened..its open season

19. wombat

wombat Member

The FBI could always have been the lead on this case - federal jurisdiction due to the kidnapping, then Feds could have come in because of racketeering corruption - PAGING SPADE HERE about why they didn't....

20. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

at moment not so concerned as to why they didn't ...as thats well...history.... be interested to know if anything prevents them ( other than the will to ) from taking over now !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice