Alex Hunter - What He Should Have Said - FICTIONAL INTERVIEW

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by heymom, Dec 27, 2006.

1. heymom

heymom Member

THIS IS FICTION. ALEX HUNTER HAS NOT SPOKEN TO THIS REPORTER. ALEX HUNTER HAS NEVER SPOKEN THESE WORDS.

I REPEAT, THIS ARTICLE IS FICTIONAL.

Alex Hunter, former Boulder DA, spoke confidentially to this reporter, but agreed to have the interview put into print. His recent interviews with the Rocky Mountain Snooze were written without his full consent. After 10 years, he feels it's time he admits his responsibility for mistakes made in the JonBenet Ramsey case.

"I felt I owed it to JonBenet to speak out, and 10 years is long enough," he said. "It's been too long, really. I'm a coward, but you already knew that."

"When I first found out about the murder, I knew I was totally out of my league. The Ramseys had already hired lawyers, the most powerful ones in Colorado, some of whom were my personal friends. I knew right then that something wasn't right. But in Colorado, you can't just act on suspicion. The law was put into place to protect people who are innocent, but in many cases, it can also protect the guilty. That is, if they have the money to hire the right lawyers."

"Everyone who saw that ransom note knew it wasn't a kidnapping. No kidnapper does that. The note doesn't even make sense within the context - if it was a kidnapping, why didn't they take JonBenet immediately out of the house, and if they accidently killed her, why leave the note? Even to this day, that note is the main piece of evidence that will point straight to the killer, and that's why it's never discussed by the Ramsey attorneys."

"We made terrible mistakes in the very early stages of the case. I made horrible decisions, and I was in the leadership position. I take full responsibility for those decisions and for the fact that 10 years have elapsed and still there is no arrest. Of course, there won't be an arrest now, since we could never prove which of JonBenet's parents were responsible for her death. The only way we could arrest anyone is with a confession. I never wanted to prosecute the Ramseys, because I knew it would be ugly and brutal, and my career would be ruined, to say nothing of my friendships with their lawyers."

"The DNA issue is bogus. The footprint issue is bogus. All the red herrings that have been thrown up by the Ramsey's lawyers are only to cloud the main issues, which are irrefutable. Let's just lay them out on the table so everyone can see it clearly, OK?"

"One. There were only 4 people in that house at the time of JonBenet's death. No evidence of an intruder. None, no fingerprints, no fibers, and the broken window was not big enough for anyone to get in or out without leaving tons of evidence. Two. There was a bowl of pineapple on the table and pineapple in JonBenet's intestines. She had eaten that pineapple about 2 hours before she died. Yet Patsy said she had put JonBenet into bed asleep. So there's one lie from the start. Three. The ransom note was written in the house, on Patsy's writing pad, with Patsy's Sharpie pen. The writer took time to write 2 and a half pages with a very disctinctive literary style, and the writing looks to be Patsy's, even to an untrained eye. This just doesn't happen in kidnappings or murders."

More of this interview to come!

(Feel free to put words in Hunter's mouth for me...)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Is this for real?

3. heymom

heymom Member

Don't I wish! I actually am channeling Alex Hunter, and writing what he meant to say when he was interviewed. Feel free to add some more of what Hunter wanted to say!

4. Elle

Elle Member

I think you should edit your post and state in BOLD this is not Alex Hunter speaking, but Heymom herself; especially when you've opened a new thread shortly after the original one. jmo

5. heymom

heymom Member

Could a mod please edit the thread title to say "Alex Hunter - What He Should Have Said." And then add FICTIONAL after that.

I thought it would be clear, but I guess not. I'm better at channeling old Alex than I thought! :wave:

6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

heymom, your "interview" was like one of those parodies from The Onion! :)

-Tea

7. heymom

heymom Member

Thank you Mod! (Whichever one fixed my title!)

:sundae:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice