The Best of Mary Lacy, Weird Logic, Skewered Knowledge and WTF?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Show Me, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I can't understand the woman's logic at all. On Karr's arrest she states:

"Mary Lacy: We had probable cause to arrest him based on our having tested other statements within the e-mails and the telephone calls. Which is typically how we test credibility in someone - are they prone to lying about other things in their lives? "

Only rambling statements are the evidence....and SHE let the Ramseys off the hook?

A reporter said this during the 'Why the heck did you arrest Karr' publicity excuse tour.

Man: But the bottom line of what you’re saying is that you had his statements but… Tom Bennett’s saying we reached out, we had nothing else. There’s nothing that placed him in Boulder, nothing that placed him in Colorado except his bizarre statements that he was here and he committed the crime - that’s all you had? Nothing else?

John Karr claimed he picked up JonBenet on Christmas Eve from school...Tracey questioned him and John was firm......and Mary Lacy ignores alllll the relatives stating John was with them and he took the family pictures....and yet she needs to investigate him 'cause he can't get the details of the murder straight? Neither could the Ramseys.

I'd say this falls under the category... WTF.

Edited to add...thats to our wonderful scottish lass, Jayelles, who posted the transcript to Lacy's press conference excusing her incredible behavior.

2. Show Me

I love this reporter!

Man: You talk about hindsight, 20/20 and I’m not sure if it’s better or worse than 20/20 at this point for you… In what sense are you embarrassed… What went wrong?

Mary Lacy: You know, I’m not embarrassed. I feel bad for a community that questions what we did because, you know, they’ve lost some trust in the system. Uhm… I think that if they had been in my seat and the seats of the four of us up here, making the decisions on a day to day basis, then I think that’s the only way you can understand it. You do your best with what you have at the moment. And it changes from hour to hour. Uhm, so I feel bad for … for my community that voted me into office, that they may have lost some faith in me. Uhm… I hope that’s not the case. I think we did a good job for the community. And certainly protecting the community was one of our primary goals here.

Karr had never been to Boulder and was halfway around the world in Thailand and she's protecting the community from Karr?

I'd say this is 30% percent skewered knowledge....Thailand and Boulder are very far away.
    70% WTF?

Mary did not do a good job defending herself....no I do not agree with her...how many other suspects have confessed in the last few years and have the same knowledge of the murder, as is on the internet? Why didn't she fly them first class back to Boulder?

Surely some other nut got more details correct than Karr did...

3. heymom

heymom Member

Lacy was protecting the community in Thailand. Karr was the only pervert in Thailand at the time, and the one person who was a threat to children.

WTF? If Mary Lacy is trying to protect the world's children, she is going to have to pony up for way more than one first class flight out of a 3rd-world country. Like the Thai police haven't got a clue about perverts...WTF?

4. heymom

heymom Member

And my personal opinion is that JMK was a good risk for a jailhouse suicide, with his fragile mental state, which is why he was flown all the way here from Thailand. What better confirmation of his guilt than if he managed to suicide while in custody? End of case, forever. But it didn't work out that way, unfortunately for all concerned. Where did those bus keys go, anyway - time to blow the dust out again!

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

What was your FIRST CLUE, Mary?

6. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Spacey Lacy DOESNT have a clue !!!

7. tylin

tylin Banned

Show Me,
    YOU are on a roll...another great thread.

This statement by Lacy slays me:
    Dear, dear, curtain haired Lacy, did you really test Karr's statements?!#!@#
    Cause everything Karr said can be found on the internet...yeppers on the net. Lacy is a moron. :moron: :stupid: :stupid1:

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

How hard would it be for Hair Curtains and her Lapdog Tom to TEST the Ramsey statements in TV interviews, articles, books, LE interviews and under oath in depositions? We've been testing them for years, and the lies are INNUMERABLE!

9. Show Me

One of my fav statements from Lacy!

Woman: (unintelligible) What are…. Can you explain the legalities of surreptitiously swabbing someone? What are his rights to privacy versus when you did that and when a warrant had been filed?

Mary Lacy: It’s really search and seizure law which is not my forte so I’m going to turn that over to Bill. Or to Pete

Search and seizure laws are not her 'forte'....imagine a DA who doesn't understand search and seizure laws....kind of like a kindergarden teacher who doesn't 'do' the alphabet.

Search and seizure laws seem so basic when you are trying criminals.

10. Show Me

Mary Lacy talks DNA results and the 'feelings' of her team.

Man: You found out about the DNA on Saturday, is that right?

Peter McGuire: yes.

Man: So why did you wait till Monday> Why wasn’t he cut loose right away. I mean was there a process you had to go through . I mean you knew Saturday, this isn’t the guy Right?

Mary Lacy: Correct.

Man: So why wait, you know 48 hours before all this process?

Tape 12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPxPdidpJ1Q

Mary Lacy: You know, we had made an arrangement the defence counsel knew that when we would receive the results, we didn’t know exactly, they said 24-48 hours so we expected by Sunday night we would have the results. So we had set up an appointment with the defence attorneys to tell them as quickly as possible on Monday. One thing that we needed to do, you know…hopefully you have some sympathy with this, is that John Ramsey and the Ramsey family had their hopes very high over this and this was going to be a huge disappointment. In addition, Mike Tracey felt some personal risk to himself and he’d taken personal risk to himself and he was having a difficult time dealing with the fact that this might not be the guy after all the effort he’d put into this and what was going to happen if this guy was cut loose. So our agreement was that we would give them 24 hours, the attorney to talk to those two individuals and to try to help the family to adjust to it and to help Mr Tracey to deal with it before we talked to the defence attorneys and the defence attorneys were aware of the process.

Mike Tracey felt some personal risk to himself

personal risk???

and he’d taken personal risk to himself and he was having a difficult time dealing with the fact that this might not be the guy after all the effort he’d put into this There goes the book deal!!!!!!!

and what was going to happen if this guy was cut loose. Yeah maybe Karr will sue Tracey.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  11. Elle

Elle Member

DA Lacy is not embarrassed, while ex DA Hunter enjoyed the Play and the good ride. What a pair. They both need slapped. :steamed:

12. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

no ...no...NO !!! they just need to hug !!...and get those emotions in sync !!

poor loves...the public just dont undersand !! ( thank god...they expect something ..well those who dont breathe Boulder air )

13. wombat

wombat Member

THis is the statement that revealed her to be the hack she is. NO public official should go to a press conference without the ability to answer questions, or gracefully ask a subordinate to answer it. This statement also revealed her to be a weak female manager, who cannot stand up and take a stand, wage war, but instead nurtures and includes everyone in a group effort to make everything look ok. I hate her.

Happy New Year sentiments, huh?

14. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

And certainly protecting the community was one of our primary goals here.

This is a type of Freudian slip or parapraxis. The "community" is the Strange Boulder Theosophical Society. The protection of the community is the primary goal, much as the main goal of the individual narcissist is to maintain it's illusion of centrality.

The reason the answers to questions are so rambling is the mind of the infantile retentive narcissist refuses to order itself around an outer centralizing object or idea such as nationalism or a religion with an objective God or even common sense. This is why the eastern religions are so appealing to the culture of Boulder as they recognize the "God within".

Here in the front range of Colorado Boulder is known as 40 square miles of Heaven surrounded by reality. We call it the People's Republic of Boulder.

These narcissists cannot be pressed into self reflection, they can only offer self assessment, which is always inflated. If they are shown their mistakes they will not become contrite, they will offer their condescending manufactured "care" for those unfortunates who have been affected by their actions.

Trying to pin down a narcissist would be like trying to grasp an oiled bar of soap while free falling from an airplane.

15. wombat

wombat Member

How do they get through Law School?

"condescending manufactured care" - Love that. As in, I would never have done anything to cause this debacle, everyone did their best, please don't criticize anyone, let's move on, can I have anouther 40 grand to chase rainbows, please?

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Exactly! That's why I divorced him :poke:

17. Paradox

They run a private secret scam. The law school is "theirs", the degree is tribute, the knowledge gained is a tool used to manipulate. They don't go to school to serve a higher ideal, they climb social ladders to ascend so that others may serve them.

18. Paradox

I feel your pain.

19. Amber

Amber Member

John Karr claimed he picked up JonBenet on Christmas Eve from school..

Even my husband knew Karr was delusional when he heard this..Did Tracey ever question this at all? :beammeup:

20. Show Me

Yeah he had to keep telling Karr that's not what happened...prompting him....but Karr was adamant...he'd picked her up from school on Christmas Eve, an impossibility.

Karr 'lied' in his own delusional way....got many basic things totally wrong. Like a couple of other suspects who were never arrested.

Then again when your DA's office is letting you, an uncleared suspect, run the murder case with your friends, paid and paid ex employees what else can we expect?

Going to be the same for the Midyette case, though I really doubt Lacy will take it to trial regardless of the grand jury findings.

Maybe the $40,000 is to hire a Midyette investigator or friends to help in the Ramsey case?

That sounds like a Mary Lacy move to me...weird logic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice