Note to Lin Wood - frivolous lawsuits can be costly

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I'm putting this on the JBR forum because I consider many of Lin Wood's civil suits in the Ramsey case to be frivolous. I also believe he knows it, but he did it, anyway, because he knows people/companies with deep pockets would rather settle than spend huge amounts of money fighting one of his frivolous lawsuits. I also believe he really should have been fined for bringing that ridiculous lawsuit against FOX News, who fought him and won, hurrah.

Also, if I remember right, Wood defended Condit's wife in a lawsuit. The article is about Condit's frivolous lawsuit against Dominic Dunn and how Condit's lawyer is now trying to back out of representing him.

I especially like this:

The First Amendment protects (Dunne's) opinion . . . regardless of its accuracy, because it is not based upon implied undisclosed information or expressed false assertions of fact," Leisure noted in the earlier case.

and this:

"It's been my observation that plaintiffs in defamation cases can become so emotionally invested that it is very, very difficult for them to disengage," said Lucy Dalglish, executive director of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press. "They will pursue libel suits beyond what any normal person would do."

Perhaps Lin Wood should take note.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/16492297.htm

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

And there you have it: Condit following the Ramsey book of law suits--Make a Killing and Get Paid for It.

3. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Make a killing, do a killing, whatever. They keep the lawyers in car payment money either way, don't they?

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

lol

TV personnel is much more savvy since Woody's been suing companies that settle...too bad we can't find out the amounts...I think Woody and Ramsey be outright embarass at the small settlement.

I doubt Woody will have much chance making an income for Ramsey this year. If Woody hadn't sued Murphy and OReilley by now....

Funny Woody never touched Hodges who wrote TWO books on how and why the Ramseys killed JonBenet.

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I wish the Whites would sue those people who are libelling them on the Internet. I've seen Fleet White called a paedophile. That would be libellous if he had never been convicted for paedophilia. He'd have a sound case. I rather suspect it might be worth his while to pursue Horacemills in a lawsuit.

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I suppose, much to his credit, he is able to rise above the likes of Candy, Mame, Horace and the other loonies

Perhaps he isn't aware of the extent of the libel; perhaps he is collecting and investigating; or perhaps he is just trying to live his life with his family and put this whole thing behind him

He is certainly a better person than I; I would have had their asses in a sling by now

7. Jayelles

I wish he would do it for his family - since he's not the only member of the White family who is being accused. It really disgusts me. The accusations are made on no more than vicious speculation and the word of a woman with an extensive psychiatric history who has accused men en-masse of abusing her.

I repeat - I suspect it might be worth Fleet's while to pursue Horace...

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I agree, Jay. Fleet has a rock solid case against HoraceMills/HenriettaMcPhee/BillSalisbury - whoever he really is. Horace may think that living in the UK protects him from litigation by Fleet, but it doesn't.

Perhaps we need to make a collection of the vicious libel against Fleet that Mame and Horace have stated publicly through the years, and have it forwarded to Fleet and his legal counsel. Enough is enough. These people just don't let up and they are trying to prejudice new people just coming in to the JBR case against Fleet and his family. Ten years of lies and slander needs to stop.

9. Jayelles

I'd vote for that. It's absolutely ridiculous that people can do this and get away with it.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"I doubt Woody will have much chance making an income for Ramsey this year. If Woody hadn't sued Murphy and OReilley by now....

Funny Woody never touched Hodges who wrote TWO books on how and why the Ramseys killed JonBenet."

It's more than that. I think a case could be made to get his license revoked.

11. Show Me

Really? How if you can write it.

12. Tez

Tez Member

I agree with Jay and Cherokee. I think that Mame and Horace should be held accountable for the things that they have said about FW and his family.

13. Elle

Elle Member

It's possible Fleet White who came from wealthy parents, and is a wealthy man in his own rights, doesn't feel it is necessary to get involved in all of the hoopla it would entail. I think the Whites have risen above it all, and got on with their lives. Isn't this what the Ramseys wanted to do with theirs?

14. tylin

tylin Banned

Elle,
    That's exactly what the Ram's said they wanted to do.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well, he's bragged about how much money he's made off of these suits. The canons of ethics forbid a lawyer from using litigation to enrich his personal finances. It's called barratry. Also, if it can be proved that his threats of lawsuits against the police and DA are impeding an investigation, isn't that obstruction?

16. Show Me

Woody threatened Mary Lazy, then Keenan...and look where it got him. John Ramsey running his own murder investigation with the nutty professor.

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, well Punisher, see if you can find a PROSECUTOR/LAWYER who's going to go to the mat against another lawyer MAKING MONEY.... I don't think so....

As far as obstruction, you're talking about a case in which the prosecutor who AIDED in obstruction...bringing a case against her de facto cohorts...FOR obstruction? Again...not gonna' happen....

You see, this is how Smit got the PowerPoint signed over to him, carte blanche. He had Hunter on all kinds of misconduct, which should have gotten Hunter disbarred, IMO. So Smit showed what a fox he really was: he blackmailed Hunter right under the judge's nose...and that's how you do business in Colorado law.

No, there will never be any justice of any kind in this Colorado case: not for JonBenet; not for all the corruption that aided her killer(s) in walking away and getting on with life; and not for the damage done to our very legal system when citizens lost faith in it.

I truly believe the political system in our country has become so corrupt, it's as easy for a rich child killer to get away with it as it is for a poor person to end up in prison for many years for much, much less of an offense.

But I guess it's always been that way, really. We were just lulled into a sense of false security for a century, brainwashed in schools that taught us all we needed to swallow so that those controlling things behind the curtain could lead us to the proverbial slaughter. Our heroes were assassinated. Hot-button issues are used to blind us to the reality of what is going on in this world. It's the Golden Rule: he who has the gold rules.

Before this case, even after O.J., I still believed that there were enough leaders who were committed to OUR Democracy, to OUR Constitution, to at least put up a good fight for all the ideals we thought were worth fighting for: equality, blind justice, a nation of laws created by the people, for the people.

Ha. How naive was I?

Yes, I have become cynical and bitter, after seeing the openly mocking face of injustice in Colorado: the currying of favor among those who should be advocating for opposite sides in a fight ABOUT life and death; the whole-sale sell-out of the justice system by government officials as carelessly as if they were bargaining in a game of Monopoly; the casual corruption with which they discard their sworn oaths and redress themselves in the cloak of the arrogance of the untouchables.

But I'll get over it. In its place, I will put something else. Resignation. I'll become resigned to the reality that I was duped all along. I understand that I can't trust my government to uphold its own laws. That they just change them to suit their agenda, or ignore them when needed for their chosen outcome, no need for a judge or jury. They decide. Not the people. And if you don't have the money and influence to get it, Justice isn't going to even glance in your direction. That's left for Injustice, which simply mocks you with name-calling and sideshows.

And in the case of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, the DA has decided, two of them, in fact, that the killer(s) need not stand before the people and answer for this crime. Not necessary. Better to make friends in important places than to bother them.

And so I begin to understand how O.J. Simpson murdered two people and got away with it. A jury of people who lost faith in the justice system long ago decided for once, they'd let the rich BLACK person get away with it, adjust the imbalance in the scales of justice they have been living with for centuries. That's a breakdown of the system. In the murder of JonBenet, it's worse than broken: it's been hijacked and re-programmed.

18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I wouldn't need a criminal case for it. All I'd need is a bar investigation.

Too bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice