Lookups from National Enquirer book

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by heymom, Jan 31, 2007.

1. heymom

heymom Member

i got my copy of "The Police Files" the other day. I wanted to offer any look-ups, if anyone has a burning question from the interview transcripts. We do look-ups for people in genealogy, if we have the resource, so I thought I'd just offer. I know there was a question a couple of weeks ago about Fleet White having a gun when he was in Atlanta, when it was really a comment by Patsy that Jeff Ramsey had asked whether Patsy and John had a gun, because Fleet White had "gone crazy."

So ask away, and I will type the answers up for you. Be patient, as I am having PC problems and am using a laptop, which I despise (need full-size keyboard).

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thanks heymom! Generous of you, to say the least. (I love the laptop keyboard much better) I have a mini-keyboard for my desktop which mirrors the laptop one.)

3. heymom

heymom Member

When my dearest hubby saw the book, he went "Tsk, tsk, ANOTHER book about JonBenet??" and then he picked it up and started reading...hee hee hee. He was amazed to read that John Ramsey had stated "this was an inside job" and "No one knew about the wine cellar" and agreed it was almost a confession. I almost had to drag him to bed at 10:30!!!

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Heymom,

I'll echo what Moab just said...thanks for doing this. Though I rarely ask questions I do from time to time have something that niggles at my brain. So if I get some niggling I'll sure let you know. Also I'd like to comment on the fact that your husband is a normal intellegent person and look what he sees in the book. If only some normal intellegent persons who work in law enforcement in Boulder would get involved with this case ..............well you get my point! Thanks Mr Heymom. You're a shining beacon in this murkey sea!

5. heymom

heymom Member

We'll just never know...

I am reading Patsy's 3rd interview day...About the pineapple bowl. She has already retracted her firm statement about seeing the red heart on JonBenet's palm the morning of the 26th of December. The lawyers got apoplexy on that one, for sure...The book is quite choppy, but it doesn't include all the side negotiations between the investigators and the lawyers, which you KNOW where there...

Fascinating stuff...but the case is going nowhere...

6. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I've got the book somewhere, it's verrrry interesting.

Does not put the Rams in a good light, that is for sure.

7. heymom

heymom Member

What vile people these are.

Well, I finished the book a little while ago. It made me physically ill to read how readily both of them implicated their friends, their employees, anyone they knew, and even total strangers (John's assistant's boyfriend, for example), just to throw suspicion away from themselves. The black duct tape - John thought Fleet White may have had some, but he's never actually seen it. Then WHY BRING IT UP? Oh, yes, that's right, you are only being helpful to the investigators, working with them, cooperating (meanwhile throwing every red herring and innocent victim you can grab under the judicial bus...)! Poor Linda Hoffman-Pugh. She was the first victim. Then the Whites. And Bill McReynolds. And the Barnhills, and on and on...anyone so the focus wouldn't fall back onto them, the 3 people who were in the house with JonBenet when she died...

For John, it's always about himself and how everyone is jealous of his position and his money. The killer was trying to get back at HIM, but why not kill him, then??? No logic there...especially since he was presumably sound asleep and an easy target. Both John and Patsy put themselves in the position of victim, totally forgetting about JonBenet and what she went through...oh, but I forget, they slept through the whole thing...

John is so adamant that they are and will continue to cooperate with the investigation, all the while we know he's hiding behind the attorneys and doing just the opposite, flinging mud in all directions trying to disguise the blood all over himself...and insisting that he will do anything, spend anything (there's that money again) in order to find the killer. I really think that JonBenet's killer and Nicole Brown Simpson's killer must be hanging out together, because despite the best efforts of these very rich, very respectible men, they have never been found, or heard from, again.

John has no problem remembering what JonBenet wore on Christmas Eve, saying that she looked beautiful in church, but can't remember what his own wife was wearing that night? Hmmmm....

When John discusses certain subjects, like how he found his daughter's body, he switches pronouns, from "I" to "you." That is unusual and very telling - it is someone who is lying and whose subconscious is trying to get distanced from the uncomfortable subject. Funny, he does the same switch of pronouns when he discusses his religious beliefs...Could it be that he "swore to God" falsely, dear Smitty? No, oh, no, we believe everything John Ramsey says, 'cause you know, he has money and everything...

Patsy's most incriminating statement is during the discussion of the vaginal injuries where she says, "I mean, I knew..." and then stops herself.

What did you know, Patsy, what did you know??? The interviewers never pinned her down on anything hard, nor John. It was more like a friendly conversation than a true criminal interview.

And there sure seemed to be a lot of running around and screaming on the morning of the Ransom Note Fiesta. John says Patsy was screaming, he was screaming, he was running, she was running, they were running. All that running and screaming and Burke never stirred? Amazing sleeper, that kid. Oh, also, John says he screamed when he found JonBenet, but the next sentence is "In fact, I couldn't scream." WTF??? Wow, dude, you just contradicted yourself in the next sentence. Did you scream or not?

Now hubby will be pleased, because he can have the book all to himself!

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Heymom, when questioned by the grand jury, Burke told them he was awake and heard activity outside his room, but DIDN'T GET UP AND CHECK IT OUT, DIDN'T CALL TO HIS PARENTS WHEN THEY SAY THEY WENT INTO THE ROOM TO CHECK ON HIM. Many of us felt this was very odd when we learned of it--VIA JOHN AND PATSY TELLING THE NE IN THEIR INTERVIEW with Don Gentile and another reporter. A child hears commotion in the home and hides in the covers when HIS OWN PARENTS enter his room? Something very wrong with that.

John also said in one of his numerous TV interviews that PATSY WAS BULLIED IN THIS '98 INTERVIEW. Oh yes he did! He said he was so upset when he saw how badly she was treated! HA! I thought they might as well have washed her feet in oil before she crawled up on her cross, they were SOOOOOOOOO gentle and considerate of her. Haney often neglected to ask the follow up questions ANY OTHER SUSPECT would have been asked. Then when it got too sticky for her, Patsy threatened to leave WHEN HANEY BROUGHT UP SUBJECTS SHE DIDN'T WANT TO DISCUSS. He also did the one thing that DRIVES ME CRAZY when I read Ramsey interviews ANYWHERE: HE DIDN'T LET HER TALK WHEN IT WAS OBVIOUS SHE WAS ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING IMPORTANT! You do NOT interrupt your suspect when SHE'S TALKING! But there it is: Patsy trying to answer and LE STOPPING HER to talk THEMSELVES! ARRRRRRRRGHHHHH

9. heymom

heymom Member

Oh, yeah, that's another thing - all the frickin' apologizing and heiney-kissing they were doing... i.e. "Now, we know this is difficult for you, and we appreciate your being here, and we all want you to feel comfortable," blah blah blah...ad nauseum. What happened to the old Good Cop/Bad Cop routine? And yet the Ramseys can sit there and insist that they are glad to be there and will cooperate fully and no one even blinks at them! WTF??? Cooperate??? Sure, and pigs will fly out my butt on Sunday evening.

"I mean - I knew..." That is when they should have instantly stopped everything they were doing and pushed hard. She would have caved if they had really zeroed in on that, I just think she would have. "What did you know, Patsy, what?" Tell us what you knew. You knew John was messing with JonBenet, didn't you? You knew something was going on, didn't you?

But no, the moment passed, and the case got colder and colder. After all, we couldn't implicate people like the Ramseys. After all, hangers-on like the Whites, who never paid their own way and were jealous of the Ramses deserved more of the suspicion. After all, Fleet White may have had some duct tape, and didn't like John Ramsey hiring lawyers and going on CNN, and Priscilla may have questioned Patsy's pushing JonBenet into pageants. Heaven forbid someone ever called them to task for their actions. The Sainted Ramseys were victimized from the start. Too bad they forgot about JonBenet while crying about how victimized they were. But oh, that's right, they left her dead body alone by the Christmas tree on that horrible day, while they, poor pitiful things, had to be "scooped up" by their friends and cared for. Who cared for JonBenet? Who?

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, about all that running around and screaming: the Ramseys changed that story several times. They told one story to LE, then told a very different one in their book.

But why on earth would any parent NOT SEARCH THE HOUSE TOP TO BOTTOM BEFORE CALLING LE? What about that note made so much sense to the Ramseys that they immediately called LE? Didn't even wake up Burke to see if he knew or heard anything. Didn't look in the basement. Didn't think, Oh, there were evil kidnappers, a foreign faction, in our house, and THEY MIGHT STILL BE HERE! 4 floors! Get the gun! Burke and Patsy, get in the closet with the phone and call 911 while I try to find them if they're still here with JonBenet! DANGER! DANGER!

But nope. Not the Rams. They just lay the ransom note ON THE FLOOR and John gets on his HANDS AND KNEES TO READ IT in his UNDERWEAR...? Well, that took care of the FINGERPRINTS issue, didn't it? Patsy hopping over spiral stairs before she even read the note, hopping BACK UP THEM OVER THE NOTE, because she didn't PICK IT UP, just BENT OVER and read it, CONVENIENTLY LAID OUT WITH THE PAGES SIDE BY SIDE ON A TRIANGLE OF A STAIR so she COULD read it WITHOUT TOUCHING IT. Then Patsy and John BOTH come back down and there AT LEAST ONE OF THEM HOPPED BACK OVER THE NOTE AGAIN before John got his hands on it...or floated it with his telekinetic abilities to the floor where he could read it ON HIS KNEES, rather than simply putting it on a counter or sitting at a table or in a chair....

THEN they IMMEDIATELY CALL 911. All that "monitoring" and "don't talk to a dog" and "we'll behead her"...meant NADA to the Rams. THEY DIDN'T EVEN USE THEIR CELL PHONE! Didn't think, maybe we should run next door and call from there...maybe we should get out of the house.... Nope. The stage was set and they were following the plan, IMO.

hahaha You have to give them an A for CREATIVE WRITING, don't you?

That story changed as the strangeness of the facts were questioned. But it just got stranger, IMO.

And that's the PROBLEM with EVERY STORY the Ramseys told from THE FIRST HOUR: every single element was so weird, so unnatural, so twisted and revised to match the questions, only a FOOL would take ANYTHING the Ramseys said/say at face value.

Unfortunately for JonBenet, Boulder is FULL OF FOOLS.

11. heymom

heymom Member

Unfortunately for JonBenet, Boulder is FULL OF FOOLS.

AMEN SISTAH!

12. Amber

Amber Member

Whenever PR and JR repeat ad nauseum a certain aspect of their 'story' we should look to see what it is they want us to believe.

This oft repeated tale of JR on his hands and knees in his underwear reading the note has always bothered me...not just because the mental pictures it conjures up are nauseating, but because she says it over and over...so what is trying to get us to believe?

IMO..she is stressing that JR was NOT dressed...that he had JUST got up...so the opposite may be true JR WAS dressed and he had NEVER been to bed....like she hadn't...as the bed hints at...

13. tylin

tylin Banned

Yes, Amber, I've wondered about that many times....Did JR even undress and go to bed that night like he said he did? OR did he stay up and about all night with his wife?

14. Elle

Elle Member

heymom,

You are so right about the Police Files being chopped up. I noticed this too.
    You are doing a great job here analyzing the interviews. It's obvious you know what you're doing. :)

15. heymom

heymom Member

It's been done already, of course!

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showpost.php?p=30970&postcount=1

BobC already did this review, much funnier than anything I could come up with - I busted a gut this morning reading his transcript of the NE interviews! I haven't found where he did John's interview, but the ones he's done with Patsy are just hilarious.

16. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Ohhhh one of the best interviews I've read! BobC has a way with words....soooo freakin' funny!

17. Elle

Elle Member

With Bob's background in creating graphic computer games, he's a pro.

18. Amber

Amber Member

Another fantastic old thread! :yay: :yay:

I'm still midway through it, but I needed to ask..Tricia, anyone..what happened to that old lady whose daughter was murdered by her boyfriend?

As Tricia points out again, a parent will never, never stop....look at John Walsh...

19. Amber

Amber Member

From Bob C:

I lost my son in a store in the middle of a busy area in a major city once..he was three. I screamed his name till I was hoarse, getting louder and louder as the panic set in. You can't help it..The child's name has to come out of your mouth.
    It turned out he was in the shop window posing with the dummies;) I superglued him to my hand after that. :eek:

I find it really interesting that PR says 'What should I do? What should I do?"

I? I? Why isn't it WE? It's a really odd statement in the context of things...makes her sound like she alone is responsible...it also makes it sound as if JR has nothing to do with JBR..

20. heymom

heymom Member

Or like Patsy doesn't have a mind of her own and needs John to tell her what to do all of the time, not just when her daughter has gone missing in the house. And it's funny that her own comments are so similar to what was heard on the tape before the phone hung up, "What do I do?" wasn't it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice