I just love Chuck Green - JonBenet case full of myths, short on facts

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

JonBenet case full of myths, short on facts

The current issue of Globe magazine, one of the popular supermarket tabloids, has an artist’s rendition of what 16-year-old JonBenet Ramsey might look like today if she hadn’t been murdered during Christmas Night 10 years ago.

Predictably she would have matured into an attractive - not stunningly so - teenager with all the appearances of an affluent lifestyle and happy social life.

There was one big omission from that portrait, however. She wasn’t wearing a beauty queen’s tiara and sash.

Unless she had rebelled against her domineering mother’s demands, JonBenet would have been groomed to compete in all the big pageants - Miss Teen, Miss America and Miss USA. Even today she might be preparing to live in a Big Apple suite provided by Donald Trump.

None of that was pictured in the doctored-up "photo" of JonBenet, though, and so it’s just about as genuine as a lot of other "myths" in the strange murder case.

There is a myth that DNA evidence eventually will solve the case, when the reality is that - even according to world-class expert Dr. Henry Lee - JonBenet’s killer didn’t leave behind any incriminating DNA.

There is a myth that a grand jury decided there wasn’t enough evidence to indict anyone for the slaying. The reality is that the jurors were never allowed to vote on whether they thought there was enough evidence to indict.

There is a myth that, after the first few hours of the investigation when the scene was compromised, that the Ramsey home was under tight police control. The reality is that JonBenet’s aunt, Pam Paugh, was allowed to cart boxes full of the family’s belongings out of the house a couple of days after the murder, disturbing forensic evidence in several rooms - including JonBenet’s bedroom.

There is a myth that there isn’t any available evidence that hasn’t been secured. However, Fleet White, a close friend of JonBenet’s father, still hasn’t been confident enough with the integrity of the investigation to fully explain his suspicions - and he was with John Ramsey when his daughter’s body was discovered in a basement storage room. Additionally, all medical and psychological records of JonBenet and her mother, Patsy, haven’t been subpoenaed - something that can now be easily accomplished since both of them are dead.

There is a myth that because the Ramseys were suspects, no other leads were followed. The reality is that thousands of hours of investigative work were devoted to the pursuit of more than 100 potential suspects.

There is a myth that JonBenet’s parents slept through the night, while the murder was occurring in the house. The reality is that some investigators say that Patsy Ramsey was wearing the same clothes on the morning of the murder as she wore the previous night, and that her side of the Ramsey bed hadn’t been slept in.

The popular myths will never be dispensed with until the murder is solved.

Alex Hunter, the retired district attorney who was in office when the murder occurred, told the Rocky Mountain News this month that as long as the case rests in the district attorney’s office - rather than in the police department - it won’t likely be pursued properly. DA Mary Lacy, who took the case out of the police department, has declared that JonBenet’s parents didn’t commit the crime.

For all intents and purposes, the case is dead - at least as long as DA Lacy is in command. She has shown no interest in pursuing still-open aspects of the investigation, because they involve the possible incrimination of Patsy Ramsey in the death of her own daughter.

Lacy has demonstrated more zeal in working with a University of Colorado journalism professor in pursuing his imaginary leads than in working with police and the FBI on unexplored avenues.

The legacy of the JonBenet Ramsey case is one of incompetent police work at the beginning, and 10 years later the justice system continues to serve as an example of mishandling.

That would be tragic in itself, but the incompetence in Boulder seems to be perpetuating itself. It’s been 10 months since 11-week-old Jason Midyette died with 20 bone fractures, and no charges have been filed in the case.

DA Lacy also is in charge of that investigation.

http://www.chieftain.com/editorial/1167216177/3

2. tylin

tylin Banned

Excellent article!
    Thanks Moab. :gavel:

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Ah Moab! You and Chuck Green have made my day!!!!!

I'm sick of the half truths and outright lies spun by Woody and Team Ramsey in cohorts with Mary Lazy.

There is a myth that a grand jury decided there wasn’t enough evidence to indict anyone for the slaying. The reality is that the jurors were never allowed to vote on whether they thought there was enough evidence to indict.

How Boulder!

4. Elle

Elle Member

I'ts hard to say what would happen to the JonBenét case, if a new District Attorney is appointed. She/he could be another Clone of D.A. Lacy, and nothing would be achieved. Lacy could do so much to change things around, but she's caught in the Ramsey's web of deceit.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I am bowing in the presence of Mr. Green - in fact - I am Green with envy that he not only can, but does - speak the truth about the saddest event that money can buy.

6. Show Me

You are so right!

Chuck Green you are my hero....you don't let old Woody intimidate you. And you print the truth, not some canned spin.

7. heymom

heymom Member

No, she can't really do anything anyway, because she is a resident of Boulder. Even without the Ramseys, I believe the same thing would have happened with Jason Midyette. These are just the outward signs of an inward disgrace that is Boulder.

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

However, Fleet White, a close friend of JonBenet’s father, still hasn’t been confident enough with the integrity of the investigation to fully explain his suspicions - and he was with John Ramsey when his daughter’s body was discovered in a basement storage room.

I know he'll never do it--but it'd be cool if FW would do a shocking tell all interview with somebody like Anderson Cooper. He won't do it because it'd just throw more chaos into his life, but I can still dream, can't I?

9. heymom

heymom Member

If JR happens to die before Fleet or Priscilla does, we might see that information come out. I don't think Fleet has any hard evidence, just his own observations, which I suppose is circumstantial, but he and Burke are perhaps our only remaining hope of finding out what happened that night.

I would hate to be in Fleet White's shoes. Especially after reading the transcripts of the Ramsey's interviews, where both of them try to implicate Fleet and Priscilla in any way they can. What a betrayal that was.

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hurrah for Chuck!

He is a myth-buster.

I can't help wonder, along with Chuck, if JonBenet would have ended up living in a Trump apartment as Miss USA one day, like Tara What's-her-Face.

Or maybe she would have rebelled big time, ditched the pageants, and become a heart surgeon.

Too bad the poor baby never had a chance to make those choices for herself.

11. Show Me

Oh Geezzzzzz I'd love to see that!!!!!

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I believe Fleet has known since early in the investigation that there was very likely not going to be justice for JonBenet Ramsey. We've seen what his concerns and witnessing of the events of that morning brought to his door.

No, I don't believe Fleet is ever going to open up that can of worms again. The people of Boulder spoke when they elected Lacy for the new DA. The people of Boulder speak when they allow her to continue to bury cases of the murdered children of rich people in Boulder County without any accounting. The people of Boulder, by their action and inaction, give implicit endorsement of such horrors of injustice.

White still lives in Boulder, doesn't he? Nothing he can do now is ever going to change the outcome of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. Why would he risk what remaining peace his family has, in the wake of the Nancy Krebs slander and libel he's endured at the hands of Hunter and The Daily Camera, for a case that has been actively obstructed by the very DA Office that should have prosecuted the killer of JonBenet, but never will?

Thanks for posting Green's article, Moab. Green knows the truth. It's clear to anyone who wants to see it. That excludes the majority of citizens of Boulder, apparently. That excludes any lawyers and judges in the entire state of Colorado who sit on their hands, shake hands with those who conspired to free a child murderer, rather than taking it to the state bar, the U.S. Attorney General, if necessary. If no one in the legal community of the state has the character to stand up and demand justice now, for ALL the scandalous behaviors of its very officers of the courts and system in Boulder, and beyond, then what can Fleet White do? God knows he tried. He alone has spent time in jail for his efforts.

There's really nothing left that Fleet can do but make himself a bigger target for malicious gossip and lies. I can't blame him for protecting what he has left after the RST did their best to ruin him as a witness against the powerhouse Ramsey team headed by a completely evil and unprincipaled law team, complete with aid from inside shills Hunter, Lacy, and Smit.

That this is all happening AGAIN a short decade later, with the homicide of innocent infant Jason Midyette, who, like JonBenet, has NO ONE in his family who will STAND UP AND WITNESS FOR HIM, has only confirmed what we already knew: Boulder comes in sheep's clothing, but in truth it is THE REPUBLIC OF HELL.

13. heymom

heymom Member

:unreal: :tsktsk: it's horrible to think about Jason Midyette and what that poor baby went through...if his parents were poor, they'd already be serving time...

But great post, KK. Today, I really feel like crying for JonBenet...Even people who tried to help ended up silenced by fear and intimidation. It's just the saddest thing. People who never met her care more about seeing justice served than anyone who professed to love her while she was alive.

14. sue

sue Member

very good article.

15. koldkase

I know, heymom. We've all cried many tears for Jonbenet. If her family had spent one thousandth the time learning this case like we have, searching for justice like we have, it would have been solved long ago.

But they spent their time simply writing checks to those who could CUSHION them from the case, not SOLVE IT.

You should read the Atlanta interviews with the Ramseys. After all their PR SPIN about how they wanted to COOPERATE with LE, how THEIR WORLD-CLASS DETECTIVES wanted to SHARE INFORMATION with LE, but LE wouldn't, Patsy is CAUGHT IN THAT LIE when she's asked in Atlanta by Boulder LE, WHAT INFORMATION IS IT? Tell us now. Patsy's response: I don't know. Our investigators know. John handles that. Blahblahblah.

Right. AGAIN, Patsy put the LIE to their TV and BOOK spin.

I can't imagine the hell Jason Midyette went through. But for his mother's friends to come online and rant about how wonderful she is and how she loved Jason MAKES ME SICK! No mother who LOVES HER ABUSED AND MURDERED CHILD REFUSES TO TALK TO LE! I don't care WHAT SORRY EXCUSE THEY COME UP WITH, IT'S BS! They'd have to PULL ME OFF THE KILLER. I'd be screaming his crimes so loud they'd hear me in the next state.

But not in Boulder. In Boulder, an undernourished newborn a month old is given a clean bill of health by his doctor because his parents are rich and nobody questions why a NEWBORN IS STARVING if the parents are rich in Boulder, apparently. Just like they don't speak about how a murdered six year old had PRIOR SEXUAL ABUSE. Too icky. Not these GOOD PARENTS! MUST BE AN INTRUDER FROM ALABAMA!

Damn. I went and got started.... :steamed:

16. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

The reality is that the jurors were never allowed to vote on whether they thought there was enough evidence to indict.

That is Green's myth.

17. koldkase

Okay Paradox, are you saying that you know something besides gossip, that is evidence the grand jurors were asked to vote by Hunter?

Dr. Lee has said several times that he advised Hunter NOT to bring an indictment, which certainly can be interpreted that the grand jury brought an indictment, or did not vote for no true bill, at any rate.

18. heymom

heymom Member

KK, the way that the wagons have circled and the doors have closed for the Ramseys gives me a strong conviction that there was abuse, and not just one generation. The total lack of any differing opinion, other observations, doubts, questions, etc. makes me think "abuser." People who are afraid of someone clam up. Patsy may have been well-schooled in keeping secrets, and John could definitely intimidate. All is not what it seemed to be in the Ramsey household.

19. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

What Green commented on has never been publically disclosed. The DA has the power to stop the process before the GJ votes. The intent of the DA does not have to be stated or recorded or reported. To my knowledge, all the DA has to do is not request the GJ's opinion and the process stops.

The scuttlebutt here in Denver is What Green said is true, but it can't be proven because intent cannot be proven. "Not allowed to" is not the same thing as "not necessary".

This is one of the reasons Green is where he is today.

I for one think Hunter knew he would never let the GJ vote when he went to it. He played the same type of game that Lacy played with Karr; they use the time honored process knowing full well it's a dead end because they themselves are leading things to the dead end.

They both should be publically spanked.

20. tylin

tylin Banned

Amen.
    :yay: :gavel: :star:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice