Hello? Is this a cord with a knot on costume?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Feb 5, 2007.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Someone posted this on another forum discussing the case. Is that a cord, similar in size to the garrote cord, with a knot similar to the one on the wrist ties found on the body? Look at the waistline and you'll see what looks to me like a cord--two strands together, actually--similar to the garrote cord draped there. It looks like a knot is tied on the cord as well:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/pianogrl697/?action=view&current=bruise.jpg

I can't believe I never noticed this before. Am I seeing things?

Here is another one, which looks like the cord is draped from the back of the costume neckline down the side of the chest and then looping back up to the back of the costume in some way. It's very hard to see as it's the same white as the costume:

http://www.maketoast.com/photos/5.html

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  2. koldkase

OK, in this video on youtube.com, you can see the cord, it appears, but on the other side of the costume: frame 3:09. I can't see it on the left side of the picture of the costume, though, as it's too blurry on my screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m8-YG6-nvQ&NR

Anyone else seeing this? Or am I way off base?

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It does look like cord - but I think it's silver lurex, possibly bias binding.

The cord that made the garrotte would be unsuitable for dressmaking. Perhaps it could be used for a drawstring, but not for trimming.

4. koldkase

Yes, I see what you mean, but what struck me was the knot. I've been trying to find a better picture, but no luck.

5. Elle

Elle Member

First one definitely is flat cord KK. The cord to the left closest to the bruise is flat. I wonder how many more photos would display more cord like this. I can't see it in the outfit with wings, but this cord would certainly do for holding something like this together, and there would have been a cord supply relating to John's plane, which someone posted before (BlueStrat maybe ?).

I can't see the cord in the video, KK. My screen is too dark. I have it dimmed because of migraines. :-(

6. heymom

heymom Member

I can see the knot in the first photo. It's weird, it does look like the simple, very slip-knot-like cord that was around JBR's wrists, but perhaps shinier?

7. Cleej2

Cleej2 Member

WOW Koldcase. This sure looks to me like the cord around JB's wrists, etc.
    I don't know how much closer it could be. Seems that Patsy owned several pieces similar or same as cord in question. Good catch!

8. Jayelles

I'm just not seeing the cord in the bruise photo. I zoomed right in on the photo and what looks like white cord to the left of the bruise is a piece of jewellery with white beads. There is a crystal hanging from them. What looks like cord on the right hand side of the bruise seems to be just folds in a satin-like fabric with the light catching them.

9. Jayelles

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  10. koldkase

I don't know, Jayelles, it looks like cord dangling to me. The costume was fitted to her body in the pics I've seen, and don't have that much loose material to make those folds, I'd think. But I may be wrong. I was hoping someone would blow the pics up or maybe have some with clearer definition. I'll keep looking.

11. heymom

heymom Member

Could I see the whole photo, not just this area? It's hard to tell what something is, when it's isolated in this way. I mean, that "bruise" looks more like a nasty burn in that photo...and I can't see the part of the dress that this cord or fold would have come from. Does anyone have the larger photo?

12. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, seeing the full picture would help hm.

13. Elle

Elle Member

I don't think they're folds either kk. I would need to see the full picture.

14. koldkase

15. koldkase

You know, I agree that this would in all probability not be the garrote cord, even if it is cord. I would like to see a good close-up of it, as well as the part that looks like it has a knot tied with it. We've seen other similar cord on JonBenet's clothes and costumes, so it's not a new idea that Patsy might have had that cord in her home. There was a picture in the NE in the last couple of years allegedly of the Ramsey basement before it was cleaned out and there were plastic storage boxes where you could see cord/ribbon/etc. lying neatly inside.

Then again, the Stansport cord in question was actually advertised as sports cording, in camping sections of their catalogue, etc. So if the Ramseys had it in their home and used it in the murder (If?) it might have been purchased for something else entirely. Even for tying up packages to mail. A hundred things could be imagined with no problem.

Now take this a little further, just for the sake of argument: who made this costume? Wasn't it a rather accomplished seamstress named Pam Griffin...or something like that?

Let's see if the RST jumps on this. Or are all Ramsey friends off-base but those they hate?

16. tylin

tylin Banned

Good find KK. Definitely worth discussing and investigating further.

17. Jayelles

Yes that is a good find KK. I discovered that the photo was taken my Mark Fix and that it is being sold by Zuma Press.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  18. Jayelles

I see the "cord" which appears to be hanging down at her side now. I'm wondering - could it be some kind of frame which is supporting her peacock tail? I've seen angel wings for a Christmas play which were absolutely massive and which required a frame to support them. The support worked in the same way as a haversack frame - solid against the back and with little side bars which hugged the waist. In this case, the costume hid the frame quite well, but perhaps JonBenet's frame couldn't be concealed by the snugly fitting costume so they made a feature of the frame instead?

I can't see her having bits of cord hanging down untidily in such an elaborate costume.

19. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Cords used to support the prop. Stars on the clothing. Sounds vaguely familiar. Birds and angels. Angels and birds.

"You are an Ariel," said Miss Brodie. [To Eunice] TPOMJB

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  20. Elle

Elle Member

In the first photo, Jay, I see white cord hanging loose going down the side of her arm and round to the back. In the other one, I see nothing but gold trimming which you mentioned before, and no white cord(?). :-(

Don't know what age JonBenét was here (?), but fancy any mother putting her young daughter through this lot. This was Nedra Paugh's idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice