Parent got mad, hit daughter unconscious, wrapped her in a blanket ...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Hmmm .... where have we heard THIS before?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/08/toddler.death.ap/index.html

Police: Dad left toddler outside to freeze to death

POSTED: 2:15 p.m. EST, February 8, 2007
    Copyright 2007 The Associated Press

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- The father of a young girl who died of exposure had knocked her unconscious because he was angry she wouldn't go to bed, then took her outside in freezing temperatures and left her there, police said before the man's arraignment Thursday.

Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found dead Sunday on a wooded knoll about a 10 minute walk from the family's home.

Tiny footprints in the snow suggested she had gotten up and wandered around before she died, police said.

Her father, William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, was arrested on charges of criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports and simple assault. He did not have an attorney in court Thursday morning, and was jailed without bond.

Page told police he woke up early Saturday and found the girl awake and playing near a mirror in the hallway, according to the criminal complaint. He said he got mad when the girl wouldn't go back to bed, so he hit her so hard she hit her head and was unconscious, the complaint said.

Page then took her outside wrapped in a blanket and left her, police said.

An autopsy determined Nyia died of hypothermia, but the Allegheny County Medical Examiner ruled the death a homicide because investigators said it was unreasonable to assume the child got to the wooded location alone.

Her small body was found about a 10-minute walk from her home, a trek that would have included climbing 17 snowy steps up to a wooded knoll.

A witness had seen Page enter his house Saturday morning from the direction where his daughter was found, police said. He was back out on the street about an hour later, saying he was looking for the girl and telling the witness, "Somebody took my daughter," according to a criminal complaint.

Nyia's mother told police she last saw the girl after Nyia tried to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.

Page, who did not have an attorney in court Thursday morning, was jailed without bond.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

But but...parents never do this. Oh wait, millionaire beauty queens never do this.

3. Amber

Amber Member

From the second page of the above link:

:scream: :scream:

4. heymom

heymom Member

Oh my God in Heaven. I'd like to dismember that piece of crap, right here, right now. I hope he dies a miserable painful death at the hands of prison inmates.

5. Cherokee

More details have been added to the story that weren't there before. The sexual abuse charge wasn't there this morning. Here's the updated story in full from that link.

Frozen toddler's father also faces sex charge

POSTED: 5:39 p.m. EST, February 8, 2007

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A man angry his toddler daughter wouldn't go to bed knocked her unconscious and left her to die outside in single-digit temperatures, police said.

The frozen body of Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found Sunday at an abandoned playground about a 10-minute walk from the family's home.

Tiny footprints in the snow suggest she had gotten up and wandered around before she died, police said.

Her father, William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, was arrested Wednesday on charges of criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports and simple assault.

He has been in custody since Sunday, when he was charged with sexually abusing another child shortly before Nyia died.

Page, who did not have an attorney at his arraignment Thursday morning, was jailed without bond.

Page told police he woke up early Saturday and found the girl awake and playing near a mirror in the hallway, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday night. He said he got angry when the girl wouldn't go back to bed and he hit her so hard she lost consciousness, the complaint said.

Police said Page told them he took the girl outside wrapped in a blanket and left her, still breathing, beside railroad tracks near a bridge.

Police said a T-shirt, a pair of women's underwear and a Pittsburgh Steelers "Terrible Towel," all found in Page's basement, appeared to have bloodstains.

An autopsy determined Nyia died of hypothermia, but the Allegheny County medical examiner ruled the death a homicide because investigators said it was unreasonable to assume the child had made it alone to the playground, which is on a wooded knoll.

The toddler would need to have climbed 17 snowy steps to get there.

Authorities could only guess how long Nyia, wearing only a sweater and a diaper, could have survived in temperatures that hovered around 2 degrees Saturday morning.

"Given her size, she would have been rendered incapacitated very quickly," Allegheny County Medical Examiner Karl E. Williams said Thursday. "She'd been out so long, when we found her she was frozen."

A witness saw Page enter his house Saturday morning from the direction where his daughter was found, police said.

He was back out on the street about an hour later, saying he was looking for the girl and telling the witness, "Somebody took my daughter," according to a criminal complaint.

Nyia's mother told police she last saw the girl after Nyia tried to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.

The sexual abuse charge against Page came as police investigated Nyia's disappearance.

Police said another child in the house told investigators that sometime overnight Friday, Page entered a bedroom, covered the child's mouth with one hand and touched the child's genitals with the other. The child said Page then left the room, followed by Nyia, police said.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

OMG what a ***. May he suffer the worst of lives while he lives on earth. May he meet all revengeful haters of child molesters/child murderers while in jail and prison. :argue: :steamed: :rage:

7. heymom

heymom Member

It's too bad we outlawed torture - this is one *** that deserves the worst pain we can devise. But "Vengeance is mine," sayeth the Lord. He can experience human justice here on Earth but we can leave the divine justice to God.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I couldn't even speak after I read about this yesterday. There are just some things that hurt so deep, silence, for that moment, is all that will suffice.

After that initial stunning of the senses comes the rage and the frustrating helplessness. The child froze to death after being beaten and possibly raped. My God. Why is there such evil in this world? I can't even say here what I wish for this guy.

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Child struck on the head, unconcious, sexually abused and found dead after dad says 'his daughter has been taken'.

Can't possibly be the same as JonBenet struck on the head, unconcious, sexually abused and found dead after John says, 'his daughter has been taken'....... where is this William Lorenzo Page's lawyers and Public Relations person?

Huh...huh? Bet William Lorenzo Page doesn't even have an exclusive CNN interview planned right after the funeral.

The nerve of some people who aren't rich...what makes them think they can get away with murder?

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Guess Mr. Page only got through chapter one of the Ramsey Child Murder Manual. Too bad for him. Maybe they'll give him a remedial course in prison before they let him out to do it again.

11. Cherokee

Really.

There are two reasons Mr. Page is sitting in jail while the Ramsey never even made it to the police station for questioning.

1. He didn't do his crime in Boulder.

2. He's not rich and well-connected.

I bet Page is not worried about looking like Jack Kennedy at his daughter's funeral either.

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Yeah silly Mr. Page....if you want to get away with murder, moved to Boulder...Mary Lazy won't pester you! Oh wait Mr. Page is not rich....well Mary Lazy thinks only poor people kill their children, so I guess moving to Boulder is right out.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

No protocol in this world anymore.

Oh, so there IS a how-to book on how to kill your kid! Damn, That means I owe some big apologies.

14. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

hhmmm

Any word on prior history of child abuse from this family, 'cause you know that there must be or certain people will think he just couldn't have done it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice