Boulder DA ...when is next election?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kangatruth, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

Apologies all if this is elsewhere , couldnt find it.

When are the next elections due for the office of Boulder DA ?

Are there any known players redying to put their hands up ?

What are the relevent JBR case sympathies or leanings of these people ?

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I believe the next election is in 2008. I don't have a clue who will run for DA of Boulder, but Lacy can't run as they now have term limits. That's the good news.

The bad news is that in the Republic of Boulder, they don't want a DA who is going to go hard on criminals. They prefer the touchy/feelie approach. That's well documented by the fact that they had Hunter for almost 30 years, then elected Lacy, who worked under Hunter most of her career. There are articles about all the "rehabilitation" the DA has supported in "helping" criiminals blahblahblah. They love that chit in Boulder. Etc.

Nothing will change. Hunter and Lacy didn't get away with their sorry performances, defended consistently at the voting booth and by their peers in law practice, because the good citizens of Boulder wanted to see justice for ANY VICTIM. The DAs know that nobody in Boulder who VOTES wants to see their little paradise for the rich mucked up again just because some little girl got herself murdered in THEIR TOWN. They know if they start demanding JUSTICE FOR ALL, BLIND JUSTICE, people like the Ramseys and MIDYETTES--people LIKE THEMSELVES--might find themselves in REAL TROUBLE when all that happened was AN ACCIDENTAL BEATING TO DEATH AND/OR MOLESTATION? Maybe one day they'll get a little too high or a little too drunk and bam! They'll be having to answer for molesting or murdering a child. Who wants THAT to happen?

Phffft!

3. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Tripp deMuth has his intruder friendly heart set on becoming the next Boulder D.A.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

You speak the truth.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Have mercy!

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Trippin DaMouth WILL be the next DA........it has to stay an Inside Job, ya know?!

7. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

May the gods help us.

8. Tez

Tez Member

Can't he just ride off into the sunset with his pants tucked inside his cowboy boots? He's as bad as "Hair Curtains."

JB and Jason Midyette will never see justice.

9. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

sad isnt it...
    in the good ol days when the local sherif was found wanting or inept..or worse corrupt the yeeha Marshal came to town to sort things out..

Shame the feds wont intervene

10. heymom

heymom Member

Yeah, Kanga, the system finally worked in Durham, didn't it?? Vindication is sweet, but those boys' lives have been derailed, because of some ******* prosecutor and his political machinations. The DAs rode in on white horses and fixed the problem, but Boulder isn't Durham. Boulder isn't like anywhere. It's just Boulder.

If it weren't like it is, we wouldn't be here. The whole case is ridiculous. The idea that 10 YEARS have gone by and there was never a charge is just shameful. I'm sure John and Patsy never lived a day of their lives since without marveling that they were never charged. That stupid note alone is enough to put them in jail, if anyone had the guts to go up against them. But the law in Boulder just quivered and quaked in the face of money and power.

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Oh Geeezzzz you are probably right.

Next DA will be of the same ilk.......it's hopeless.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Where there's life, there's hope. I think people are finally sick of her.

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Ben Thompson

I wonder if this guy is still around? From an article in Journey Beyond Reason -

"One of Keenan's political opponents says the Atlanta ruling wasn't based on enough evidence to clear the Ramseys. Boulder lawyer Ben Thompson, who campaigned against Keenan during the 2000 Democratic primary on a platform that included his pledge to make arrests in the Ramsey case, said the judge did not have all the facts."

14. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

It is obvious Ben is not one of the Alex-Hunter-In-Crowd, or he would have been elected the first time. It is just as obvious that "hair curtins" is a member of that hot tub fraternity.

If he only has kept that Ramsey information to himself...until after he was elected...

15. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm just surprised no one has thrown their hat in the ring yet. They are doing it so early in the presidential elections this time.

I think any candidate will be questioned about the Ramsey case, sooner or later.

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I'm definitely a Ben supporter, if he makes a go of it.

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Garnett in DA race

http://www.coloradodaily.com/articles/2007/07/06/news/c_u_and_boulder/news2.txt

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Stan Garnett, a Democrat, has announced his candidacy for the Boulder County District Attorney position in 2008 - and understands what he's getting into.

The winner of the 2008 election will replace the current DA, Democrat Mary Lacy, who will be term-limited. The DA's office handles countless cases in the 20th Judicial District, but Lacy has name recognition outside of Boulder County primarily (not exclusively) for one - the 2006 arrest of John Mark Karr in the 1996 JonBenet Ramsey murder case.

Garnett, along with anyone else who jumps into the 2008 race, will certainly face questions about the Ramsey case and the overall performance of the DA's office throughout the campaign, and he said he's ready to meet the press.

“I was on the School Board in Boulder for eight years, and one of the things about doing anything in politics in Boulder is that you have to get used to media attention,†he said.
    He also said that “overall, the DA's office does a good job of prosecuting crimes that occur in Boulder County,†and believes he has the resumé and experience to carry the office forward.

Garnett received a B.A. with distinction from CU in 1978 and a Juris Doctorate from the CU School of Law in 1982. He worked as a Deputy District Attorney in the Denver DA's office under Norm Early and Dale Tooley, and works today as a partner in the Denver law firm Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber & Schreck.

He said in his initial press release that he has “managed and tried complex cases throughout the United States,†and offered the Daily several examples Thursday.

~ snip ~

His press release said his goals for the 20th District include the protection of victims of crime, justice for all criminal defendants and tough, fair law enforcement - but didn't say the current DA's office was lacking in any of the three categories.

“I think all of those things are continuing goals of every DA,†he said. “I do think the DA needs to work particularly skillfully with the various law enforcement agencies that it has to work with, which involves all of the police departments and the Sheriff in Boulder County.â€

Garnett said he plans to meet with the City of Boulder's Police Chief Mark Beckner in the near future, and said he didn't yet have enough information to comment on whether there is tension between the Boulder Police Department and the DA's office. He did say a “white-hot†situation such as the Ramsey case is bound to create tension between entities even if relationships are generally positive.

Garnett served two elected terms on the Boulder Valley School District (BVSD) Board of Education and served as its president. He said he believes the DA's office can work with other institutions in the community to prevent crime - for example, by working with BVSD in connection with problems associated with truancy.

During his time with the Denver DA's office, Garnett said he worked as sort of a “general practitioner†handling cases including murders, burglaries, sexual assaults and theft - but said he worked on many arson cases and developed expertise in fighting fire crime.

~ snip ~

And when asked, he offered his assessment of Boulder's Ramsey-fueled reputation.

“I don't think that some of the cheap shots that the national media and the Denver media have taken at Boulder or at the DA's office are fair,†he said. “There are unsolved murders in every jurisdiction of any size across the country. It happens on occasion and it's tough, but it's just a reality of crminal prosecution.â€

18. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Sssssssssssssssssuck up.

19. heymom

heymom Member

Wonder what he thought of the recent blow-up and subsequent cover-up of the Sex, Drugs & Rock-and-Roll presentation at Boulder Valley High? I'll bet he was the chief wagon-circler.

Suck-up indeed. Nothing will change if he's elected.

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

He does seem to have a case of hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice