"A few Sunday afternoons" Revisited

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

2. Amber

Amber Member

Searching for 'the next Jonbenet' - do they mean dead at six? :tsktsk:

Another fine example of instant Karma :clap: :clap:

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

While channel surfing in the last few weeks I happened upon a segment with a little "beauty queen" AND HER MOTHER talking about how MANY LITTLE GIRLS HAD BEEN BURIED WEARING THE CROWNS OF THE LITTLE BEAUTY QUEEN herself, donated to the dearly departed by the young narcissist herself, presumably. No, I don't remember what channel or what show--something like "Best Week Ever," but it was making fun of the actual show on which these SCARY PAGEANT PEOPLE appeared.

It made me wonder: just how many dead children do these pageant people KNOW? And why would they be BRAGGING about it?

4. tylin

tylin Banned

KK,
    I saw that and had the same thought you did. Why the heck was the little girl bragging about dead children being buried with her crowns?? That is just freaking sick. For the life of me, I can't remember what show this was shown on but you're right, the show was making fun of the little girl and her comments.

5. heymom

heymom Member

TMZ has learned that on a "Beauty Pageant Camp" themed episode of the new season of E!'s "The Simple Life," Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie will help bring out the "Jon Benet Ramsey" in a hopeful troop of little girl beauty queens. No botched police investigation necessary!

Is sexual molestation necessary, or optional? How about a crushing head wound, or being left in a basement room to die all alone?

I think it's completely sick to measure living little girls against a precious little girl who was murdered in her own home. JonBenet probably didn't choose to do the pageants, it was just expected of her since it was her mother's raison d'etre, and her grandmother's dream as well. So why is she held up as some sort of ideal little beauty queen?

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Good post heymom.
    Gosh, I hate to think that little girls could view Paris and Nicole as role models. :unreal: What's scarier still is the fact that the little girl's mothers are too stoopid to realize that Paris and Nicole are not role model worthy. :unreal:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Barbara,

I too, saw this article at TMZ the other day but am computer stupid as to how to bring stuff here to post the title with a way to get to it. Thanks for bringing this over here. What got me going when I read it was that these two worthless creatures Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchy are role models for little girls! That is amazing. I don't happen to think they are even good looking. They are thin that is true. They have money to burn and they do burn it! Bah humbug to the both of them. I don't think JonBenet would have turned out like those two did because she was already getting tired of the fuss before the pagents like all the lessons she had to take and all the body fussing with her hair and make up.....and all of this at age 6. Oh my stars and garters!

8. heymom

heymom Member

Zoomama and Tylin,

You're so right - attractive? Paris? Nicole? Ugh. Paris is homely as a mud fence, and Nicole is starving herself to death, plus she's a whore just like Paris. They are like 2 old whores out throwing themselves on unwilling victims.

I guess I'd better start modeling my sons on Flava Flave, right? and Snoop Dogg...

9. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I found the source of what you saw. The program making fun of the situation was The Soup on the E! Entertainment channel. But the original clip was from the new ABC series The Great American Dream Vote. You were not the only one taken aback: I found this blog referencing exactly the horror you observed.

http://whatstherumpus.blogspot.com/

10. Barbara

The Soup is one of my very favorite shows! They say in public all the things we say to ourselves when watching some TV shows

I don't understand how these pageant mothers aren't legally brought up on charges! Shame on the industry for rewarding those kids who are all tarted up! And shame on those who applaud it and participate

Personally, I think it's child abuse, plain and simple; psychological abuse is still abuse!

11. tylin

tylin Banned

OMG, :floor:
    Heymom,
    Those are great comparisons. :highfive:

12. heymom

heymom Member

"I'm proud to say that several little girls have been buried wearing my crowns."

This has got to be the sickest thing I've ever heard. I don't even have any words to describe how sick this is. The parents of these girls should be put in a locked psychiatric ward, with no vistation. Oh my God.

13. koldkase

Thanks, Why Nut, I do watch The Soup, now that you mention it. It's just a hit and miss thing, like so much I watch on TV because they change schedules so much and there are so many channels and then they change the channels just when I have them memorized.... It's very hard on us autopsy patients!

I'm so glad you found the link, Why Nut, as well as you having seen it too, tylin. I was afraid for a while that I'd be accused of imagining it on Geraldo.

It really is horrifying how these parents have such a twisted view of what their children should be learning about their value in the world. I think Britney Spears is the most shocking example of a child exploited and marketed since childhood, under the excuse that SHE WANTED TO DO IT, of course. Britney is now a grown, ignorant, uneducated, not well-rounded, immature mother of two babies whose father she's dismissed like yesterday's undies...no longer needed. That Paris was the one trying to keep Britney's KNEES together while the photogs were snapping pics of places only Brit's GYN should have been seeing says it all.

Oh well. She's RICH! AND FAMOUS! Make that infamous. That's all that matters, right? :devil:

14. koldkase

Silly me. Did I say Britney is the worst example? Must have been my autopsy speaking....

JONBENET is the WORST example. She was molested and murdered by the age of six. AND she was buried in HER CROWN. AND pageant dress. Nice.

15. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Oddly good point you make, there. The world got the opportunity to see, in those infamous photos of Britney, the same view that Beuf had of JonBenet, and in both cases any sensible person can see that there was no way to medically diagnose what was going on behind the loin skin the world could see. If Britney had been experiencing sexual abuse internally, even those extremely intimate pics demonstrate that nobody would be able to tell.

And the argument that Patsy's parenting was obviously superior because, after all, she only let JonBenet do the pageants because JonBenet insisted, and when pageant participation was refused she complied, is no more something to be admired than if Patsy had let JonBenet eat nothing but sugar all day because JonBenet wanted to, or never went to school because JonBenet said she wanted to stay home.

16. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I watched a tv programme a couple of nights ago called "Pushy Parents". It was about two young girls whose mothers were pushing for their daughters to have a singing career. One was 10 and the other was about 15/16. The 10 year old's mother had about 5 kids but she spent almost all of her time on the 10 year old's activities. The mother of the older girl was unbearable and wouldn't let the girl make any decisions for herself.

In the programme, two voice coaches took the girls to prepare them for some major scholarship/opportunity auditions.

What transpired was that the younger girl had oodles of talent and a significant inner drive and that although her mother was undoubtedly pushy, it was echoed by the girl.

However, the older girl was completely dominated by her mother - didn't even know if she wanted to be a singer and was quite happy to spend time with her friends instead. The mother was a nightmare and kept gate-crashing rehearsals trying to interfere in the coach's methods and song choices.

In the end, the older girl flunked the audition and the prestigious judges questioned her commitment to singing. Her mother even butted into this pleading that her daughter COULD do better etc etc and that SHE knew this was what her daughter wanted more than anything (even if the girl didn't realise it herself!)....

17. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Beauth pageants revisted...

There were all boys in my late husband’s uncle’s family. Their children, too, were all boys. Finally, a little girl was born. She had three older brothers and seven male cousins. They lived in the country, and the mother of this little girl (I’ll call “Joan,†was a good hearted lady, but not very well educated.)
    From the get-go, Joan started grooming her little girl for beauty pageants. She was a sweet child, but not at all pretty. From age two to age ten, Joan, along with her mother, sisters and friends, spent hours upon hours, making all sorts of fancy clothes for this child, and entered her in every beauty pageant, within a 200 mile radius of their home.
    Joan made it a point to continuously tell her little girl that she was special and beautiful. As the child grew she became less and less attractive, requiring more and more awful make-up. I don’t have adequate words to describe her hair. It was dark brown with streaks of blond placed indiscriminately hither and yond. The “ringlets,†I suppose, were meant to be reminiscent of Shirley Temple’s, but they looked more liked over- blown sausages, sticking out all over the place.
    The child became more and more ridiculous looking as time went by. I wanted, so badly, to shake her Mother and tell her to stop, but dared not do so. Joan and her “helpers†were absolutely convinced that this child would someday become a great screen beauty. They were oblivious to the absurdness of their “dream.â€
    Only when the child became very overweight and developed severe acne, did all these ludicrous preparations come to a screeching halt. Joan sighed, shrugged her shoulders, and said that it was a tremendous learning experience for the child, and that if she had better connections with the pageant organizers, her child would have won more trophies.
    Now, I am not smart enough to make this up. Since I have learned so much about child beauty pageants, I have come to the conclusion that Joan is rather typical of the Mothers involved in this bizarre behavior.
    I cannot begin to guess how much damage this did to the child. Although fairly bright, she doesn’t seem to have much self confidence. She is now 22 years old. She finished high school and attended junior college for a year. Last year she became engaged to get married, but the groom cancelled out at the last moment.
    She still lives at home, in the tiny farming community where she was born. She does odd jobs around the farm and has given up her dream of studying law. She now thinks she might return to school next year and pursue courses in Veterinary medicine.
    What made the Ramsey’s so unusual is, despite their education and wealth, they were apparently of the same ilk as Joan. So sad.
    :leaf:

18. Elle

Elle Member

Oh Greenleaf, this is a very sad tale, but your sense of humour breaks through and thankfully buffers the sadness. :-( :)

19. sboyd

sboyd Member

You are right. Paris is homely. I saw a picture of Nicole the other day and if they did not show her face, I would have said I was looking at an 80 year old woman. She is frightening.

20. Barbara

Greenie,

What a sad tale and thanks for sharing that story.

As far as Paris and Nicole, neither one of them is a beauty. Heymom is right; they are really nothing more than talking, friendly vaginas :did:

The one thing I always think about when the RST makes excuses for Patsy and the other "pageant people" is the comparison they make to Little League, or soccer, or whatever.

The difference is that if a child doesn't do well at Little League or soccer, or singing, dancing, etc. is that they know that they either don't like the sport or event as much as they thought or they learn their limitations APPROPRIATELY!

When a child doesn't do well at pageants, they have failed in the areas of BEAUTY AND TALENT; NOTHING REALLY SPECIFIC, which can do quite a bit of damage to a young girl's self esteem, self worth, etc. It's not something they can gain experience in or "practice harder" because the judging is based on true subjectiveness.

These moms should be ashamed of themselves

And yes, this is quite different from child models in the Sears catalog or milk commercials!

This can be devastating and permanent for a child, especially a girl!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice