Need help graphics or photoshop

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by ACandyRose, Apr 30, 2007.

1. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

At the link below are a group of screen captures from the "Anatomy of a Cold Case" by Lawrence Schiller July 2006.

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-20060707-courttv-anatomy-cold-case.htm

There are 8 screen captures I did of a notebook holding crime scene photos, four per page. I have them numbered 16 thru 24.

The notebook crime scene photos are all new to me that I don't recall even seeing in Smit's powerpoint. They are not the best screen captures but the best I could get considering they only flashed them on the screen for seconds as they were flipping the pages.

So I need some help. Do any of you have photoshop or any good graphics program where you could manipulate the photos, separate the four per page and straighten them up, maybe lighten them or enhance them so they could reasonably be viewed as individual photos? I know we can't get them perfectly straight but perhaps somebody who knows how to play around with photoshop could do something with them ??

Unless somebody else has these same individual crime scene photos or better screen captures and are willing to send them to me. :)

Much Thanks, ACR :)

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

ACR, you are building a veritable Aladdin's case of resources. I'm not a wizard with graphics, but I'll have a bash at the manipulations. Howevcer, could I suggest that anyone else who has graphic software does the same and then you can choose the best? I'd certainly not be offended if I mine wasn't considered the best and at least this way you'd have a few to choose from.

I'm interested to see the photo of what looks like either a dictionary or a bible. Do dictionaries ever have ribbon placemarkers? If that is a photo of the dictionary, it would explain something which came up in the forums last year.

ETA - I think what I am seeing as a ribbon placemarker is actually the page folded diagonalwise. Therefore, that WOULD be the dictionary.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

A few seconds of cropping and rotation yields this result. And that yellow block is part of what generally looked like Schiller's decision for the documentary to block out the evidence numbers that appeared on white paper blocks on each photo:

[​IMG]

4. Jayelles

Thanks - that certainly does look like a folded page with a little shadow rather than a ribbon placemarker stretched across it.

I must look for the discussion which took place last year about this. As I recall, there was some spin being put out about it.

5. heymom

heymom Member

To me it looks like the shadow at the left side of the page goes up and beyond the book, and it looks more like either a larger shadow across the whole area, or something caused by the camera, the photographer, or the print process. The book itself looks as though it has a ribbon across it. I would think this looks like the Bible, because the print looks like Psalms or Proverbs verses. The edges of the pages may also be rounded.

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Is this on John's desk? I ask because it looks like there is a desk light at the top left of the pic. But I'm not sure and I am usually bad at this kind of thing.

Yes, I've had a dictionary with a ribbon placemarker.

But the pages in this book look like they have a very lightweight paper, like a lot of Bibles I've had/seen, less heavy than say 20 lb. copy paper. (For anyone who doesn't know, paper is catalogued by weight.) Dictionaries often have thinner paper, too, for weight and volume, I suppose, but in the Bibles it's even more delicate. It looks like Bible paper because of the puckers and waves in the paper, doesn't it? No?

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OK, that's not a desk light, but maybe a gold/metal box/container of some sort? What's inside of it? All I can think of are chess pieces, because they seem about the right size and there seems to be a number of them, but it's too blurry to actually tell. I'm sure some of you with sharper eyes will figure it out.

The background is deep wine colored: rich wood of a table or desk? Or maybe one of those desk set items, the large piece you put on the desk to work on?

8. Elle

Elle Member

I had to lighten this up to see it. It comes out almost like a dark brown square on my pc. I have to lighten up every dark photo with Image Mixer Picture Editor.
    :-(

Attached Files:

9. Elle

Elle Member

Attached Files:

10. Elle

Elle Member

Attached Files:

11. Jayelles

It's a photo in a frame I think.

12. ACandyRose

Correct Why_Nut, those little yellow squares are Schiller's idea of blocking out the crime scene photo number. But we're smarter than that ! LOL I know you are !

What I am attempting to do is match up the June 98 transcript sections where both John or Patsy are asked to describe what is in various crime scene photos by photo number. So far it's been quite an eye opener on what he sees compared to what she sees in the same photo.

It's also interesting on what photos where shown to John and not Patsy and visa versa. Patsy was shown photos of the garage, the Jaguar and she mentions that JonBenet's coat that was worn to the Whites that night is in the back seat of the car in the crime scene photo. But although they showed John photos of the garage, they didn't show John THAT same photo, they just asked him to verify which car they took. Interesting, considering he claimed he took JonBenet's coat off after he took her up to bed before Patsy did the longjohn PJ thing.

And I do have dialog from the transcripts where they are talking about these various photos that I can see in Schillers album so that's why I want to see if I can get these not so good screen captures into individual photos. If not, of course I will use the whole photo album page and just reference which photo is part of the transcript.

ACR

13. Elle

Elle Member

#18 A

Attached Files:

14. Elle

Elle Member

Attached Files:

15. ACandyRose

I took that as part of a desk set, like the piece that holds the mail, notes, letters upright. That would be one of the items that would come with a fancy desk set.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Attached Files:

17. ACandyRose

Heymom,

I think it's the bible also especially with each page having left and right columns. And to me that looks like one of those ribbons they use for markers.

ACR

18. Elle

Elle Member

Attached Files:

19. Elle

Elle Member

Attached Files:

20. Elle

Elle Member

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice