Alan Prendergast comes through again :)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, May 1, 2007.

1. Little

Little Member

This is the article (I think) that Alan Pendergast is responding to. I thought this one quote from The Times article was the most interesting. It explains a lot about how old Lou's mind works - it doesn't!

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

The ODD COUPLE...I love it!

"John Mark Karr and nutty professor Michael Tracey, the odd couple reinventing the Ramsey case"

:floor:

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Thank you for bringing this to us Little

Alan has done, as always, a fine job in summarizing that case and Smit as well

That bump on the head for Smit, sure does explain some things

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Little

â€When Smit had applied to the Colorado Springs police force in 1966, the department still had a 5-foot-9-inch height requirement. Smit measured in half an inch short. He asked to be retested, and the night before, he persuaded his cousin, who was already on the force, to hammer him on the head with his nightstick. The next morning, extended half an inch by the mother of all welts, he got the position."

OMG, Little, this couldn’t be true! If it is, I don’t take back one derogatory thing I’ve said about Loony Lou. The hammering over the head with the nightstick makes the stunned pigs’ experiments look almost Einstein-like- scientific.

It reminded me of something that happened when I was in high school. The brother of one of my girl friends wanted to enlist in the Army, but was a few pounds underweight. He bought a huge sack of bananas and ate every one of them before going to the recruiting station. When he was weighed in, he just made the minimal weight requirement for the Armed Forces. My Father said that was the dumbest thing he had ever heard of. (But Papa never met Looney Lou.)

Actually, I thought Lou was about six feet tall, judging from the video of him slithering through the basement window at the Ram home.

When (and if) the “definitive history†of the Ram case is written, people, some 50 years from now, will not believe the number of odd characters associated with this case. There probably will always be those sad misguided souls that waste enormous energy attaching themselves to the rich and famous. (At the expense of their own unique identities.) Poor Lou, IMHO, fits into that category.

GL

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Nice to have confirmation. At five feet, eight and a half inches tall, Lou is actually shorter than the average male height of five feet ten. So all of his demonstrations of how someone could have come in through the basement window are predicated on assuming that the intruder is a short man. It would have been nice if he had bothered to mention that he looks for intruders who fit that criterion, but of course that might narrow the suspect pool, so we are all just supposed to ignore that little bit of important information.

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Hey!!!

I got hit on the head with a record player when I was growing up, but it didn't affect me--affect me--affect me--affect me

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:rolling: Thanks for my first laugh of the day, me Moab.

8. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Yep, his cousin probably lifted the nightstick and said, "let the force be with you" !! :p

9. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Moab

Now, Moab, that made me laugh out loud. My windows are open and I hope my neighbor didn't hear me; hear me; hear me; LOL.

GL

10. heymom

heymom Member

Bwaahaahaaahaaa!

11. tylin

tylin Banned

BAHAAAAAAAAA :rolling: :clap: :floor:
    priceless

12. Elle

Elle Member

Hahahahahahahaha! My first laugh of today, Moab. Thank you, thank you! :)

I'm happy being 5'2 or 3 with my shoes on. )
    In the 1970's when we were all back in Scotland with the American Company Jim worked for, and dining out together, one big tall 6'4 American remarked that the Scottish women were like the Chinese Race; they looked like fire hydrants, and one of the American wives stood up (smaller than I am) and said..."Count me in, I'm from Chicago." Her husband hugged her and said he liked his women small. He was over 6 ft. Everyone got a laugh.

Actually many of the Scottish women are about 5'0 or 5'4. Thank God for high heels. :) Probably lack of sun. :)

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

hahahahaaaa...as Barbara says the 'bump' does explain a lot!

Professor Tracey has quite the reputation...as a nut case!

Pendergast is a great writer!

14. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thank you again, Alan - it helps knowing that we are not alone.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Somehow, I think "may the force let you be with them" is more apt!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice