Texas Equuasearch Auction

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by JR, Apr 10, 2002.

1. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

OK - since we have Steve's auction stuff on hold and certain folks are nagging my :behind: we will start a new auction to raise funds for Texas Equuasearch.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/

For those who have missed the comments on a couple of other threads, Texas Equuasearch is really struggling financially. They rely on donations and memberships to have the funds to conduct searches for the missing.

<b>For more information on Texas Equuasearch's struggle, click on the link below (last part of this news article is about TE):</b>

http://www.click2houston.com/hou/news/stories/news-63183420010410-220427.html

We happen to have 2 sets of the following items so the second set will start off this new auction. All funds will go to Texas Equuasearch. If anyone has items to donate to this worth cause please let me know via private email.

Texas Equuasearch is planning to come back to this area in the next few weeks to continue in the search for Rachel Cooke.

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/

The same rules apply for this auction. Bidders will be given a deadline and whoever gets the high bid in closest to the deadline wins the item. You will make your checks out payable to Texas Equuasearch and mail them to me. I will forward the checks to Texas Equuasearch and the item you won will be shipped to you as soon as the funds arrive. It is up to the individual donors to ship the items. If you don't want to do so because of privacy issues, let me know. We will arrange for you to ship them to a moderator and have the moderator ship the item to the winning bidder.
    Be sure you bid by item number.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2002
  2. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lenox "Rose Blossom 7.5" Vase" TE#1

OK - who will bid $5.00 for this beautiful Lenox "Rose Blossom Vase" crafted of fine cream color china and decorated with pure 24 karat gold? (Comes with a small certificate describing it, marked Lenox on the bottom and is approximately 7.5" tall.) Item TE#1

Bidding will end at midnight EST 4/12/02!!! :gavel:

Be sure you bid by TE#

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lenox "Rose Blossom 6" Vase" TE#2

Who will bid $4.00 for this beautiful Lenox "Rose Blossom Vase" crafted of fine cream color china and decorated with pure 24 karat gold? (Comes with a small certificate describing it, marked Lenox on the bottom and is approximately 6" tall.) Item TE#2

Bidding will end at midnight EST 4/12/02!!! :gavel:

Be sure you bid by TE#

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Olympic's Beret

Tricia has come up with additional head warmers so - straight from the Olympics - that beret we kept hearing about courtesy of Tricia who is also going to throw in an Olympic surprise worth 10 bucks. The actual cost is $20 so the bidding will start there since Y'All are saving the S&H and getting the $10.00 surprise too!

Do I hear a bid of $20.00?

The bidding on this item will end at midnight EST April 12.

Better get those bids in! :gavel:

Oops - this is item #TE3

Last edited: Apr 10, 2002
  5. Katie Dog

Katie Dog FFJ Senior Member

bidding on an item

Is this where I put my bid in? If so, I bid $22.22 for the Olimpic beret.

S.

6. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Katie you dog..........:)

Any used Steve Thomas tshirts? maybe he'd donate to a good cause ...........Hmmmm

I still got my stash just waiting .....................

7. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Reminder

These items expire at midnight EST tonight!!!! Of course, we will extend the deadline if no one bids.

8. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Vases

Here is a picture of the vases together so you can get an idea of the difference in size. Also, both sizes have the same pattern front and back as you see here (small back, large front so you can see both patterns.) The next auction additions will be a couple of matching bowls (candy dishes, same pattern) and 3 gorgeous figurines (Lenox, same color as the vases and bowls.)

All of the Lenox items are new and in the original boxes.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2002
  9. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Bowls

These will be two separate bids but I want to show the bowls together so you can see the size comparison. The larger bowl is approx. 5.5" across and 2" deep. The smaller bowl is approx. 4.5" across and 2" deep.

10. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lenox Figurines

Here is the set of figurines. These will be grouped as one item. They are adorable. The dolphin is approx. 4" tall and 2" across at the base. The elephant is approx. 2.5" tall and 2" across at the base. The swan is approx. 2.25" tall at the head and 3" across from tail feathers to chest. These come with a Lenox certificate.

OK - this will be item #TE4 and the bidding will start at $15.00 for the set. Do I hear any bids? :gavel:

This auction item will expire at midnight EST April 15, 2001.

11. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Lenox "Rose Blossom" Dish TE#5

Who will bid $10.00 for this beautiful Lenox "Rose Blossom" candy dish crafted of fine cream color china and decorated with pure 24 karat gold? (Comes with a small certificate describing it, marked Lenox on the bottom and is approximately 5.5" across and 2" deep.) :gavel:

Item TE#5

12. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Small Lenox "Rose Blossom" Dish TE#6

Who will bid $5.00 for this beautiful Lenox "Rose Blossom" candy dish? crafted of fine cream color china and decorated with pure 24 karat gold? (Comes with a small certificate describing it, marked Lenox on the bottom and is approximately 4.5" across and 2" deep.)

Item TE#6 :gavel:

13. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

TE Item #1-3

OK everyone. The auction officially closes for items TE1-3 in exactly 45 minutes! Better get those bids in. The only item with a bid so far is the Olympic Beret!

Going once...going twice...

14. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

And the winner is

Katie Dog has won the Olympic beret. Katie Dog, you need to make a check out to Texas Equuasearch for $22.22 and mail it to me. I will email you my address and to get instructions on shipping the beret. :gavel:

The new deadline on the other items TE#1 and TE#2 will be midnight EST April 15. That puts all items currently on auction in sync.

15. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Very Pretty Collectables JR!

I have always loved Lenox, and have a beautiful lenox cake plate that we got for our wedding some thirty years ago....same creamy tones as the items in your pictures I believe....

I will bid $15. on #TE4 the little Lenox animals....

I will bid $10. on TE#5 the Lenox candy dish....

I will bid $5. on TE#6 the small Lenox bowl......

16. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Olympic Beret

TE#7:

Another Olympic beret for those who missed the first one. Tricia is going to throw in an Olympic surprise worth 10 bucks. The actual cost is $20 so the bidding will start there since Y'All are saving the S&H and getting the $10.00 surprise too!

Do I hear a bid of $20.00?

The bidding on this item will end at midnight EST April 15.

17. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Congratulations Voyager!

You have won the following items:

#TE4 Lenox Figurines

TE#5 large Lenox candy dish

TE#6 small Lenox candy dish

Please make your check out to Texas Equuasearch.

18. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Exteneded Dates

Voyager won the figurines andthe two candy dishes.

The two Lenox vases TE#1 and TE#2 are still up for grabs. I will extend the dates on these to midnight EST 21 April.

19. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Extending Dates

What - no one needs a vase or two? Y'All can't have too many of these. If nothing else, set them aside to bring someone a bud or two just to cheer them up.

2nd Olympic beret TE#7 and Lenox vases TE#1 and TE#2 dates are extended to midnight EST Wednesday, 24 April. :gavel:

20. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

T-shirts

(2nd) Olympic beret TE#7 and Lenox vases TE#1 and TE#2 dates are extended to midnight EST Tuesday, 30 April. :gavel:

Texas Equuasearch T-shirts will be up for bid soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice