The Cracked Crab....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, Jun 29, 2007.

1. AMES

AMES Member

You guys may have already discussed this...but, I have read in Patsy and John's interviews, where they thought that Priscilla saving out a plate just for JB was pretty strange.....well....THIS is even stranger.

6 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, all I can specifically
    7 remember was the cracked crab.
    I think they had a
    8 turkey dinner. But I think she made, she always
    9 makes these little hot dogs with barbecue sauce
    10 that the kids love.
    I remember her specifically,
    11 Priscilla coming over this big plate of cracked
    12 plate making little plates,
    and I wanted to save
    13 these out for JonBenet and she took them out and
    14 put them in the plate

15 LOU SMIT: What were they?
    16 JOHN RAMSEY: I think it was the cracked
    17 crab
    18 MIKE KANE: What is cracked crab? I'm from
    19 the east. I don't know --
    20 JOHN RAMSEY: She doesn't take all of it.
    21 It's like pieces of crab that are cut up. They're
    22 cold.
    23 MIKE KANE: They're real crab?
    24 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. They're boiled like.
    25 They're already broken. They're like just chunks
    1 of, like somebody has already broken up the legs
    2 and I guess it was like king crab that was
    3 partially open.
    4 MIKE KANE: Okay.
    5 JOHN RAMSEY: But she specifically, I
    6 just remember her making little plates going down
    7 the line. Which, in retrospect, seems a little
    8 strange.

OKAY....LINE 12....John says...that HE wanted Priscilla to save out the cracked crab for JB, so Priscilla takes some out and puts them on a plate. He also keeps saying that she was making plateS (plural)...going down the line. He mentions her making PLATES more than once. And THEN....in line 7 and 8.....(the last part of posted interview)...he says that her making little PLATES seemed a little strange. So, she didn't just make a plate for JB....she was making plateS of the barbeque hot dogs, and JOHN wanted her to also put some cracked crab on JB's plate. And....HOW and WHY would this be "strange"...if John asked her do to it?????? I don't get it...

2. Little

Little Member

IMO this was just one of the many examples of how both John and Patsy made lame attempts to implicate their "good friends" as suspects. Sort of like how Lou Smit tried to make a packing peanut look like a huge clue. Anything to make anything and everything more suspect than the obvious.

Little

3. AMES

AMES Member

That's exactly MY opinion too! John, in one of his interviews...I believe it was the one from 98...and I posted it here, under the thread.. "John's Interview..Things That Were Out Of Place or Unusual".....at FIRST said...that when he found JB's body, and Fleet was with him...that he found it ODD that Fleet didn't call out for help. And then, on down the page...in the same interview...he says that Fleet yelled...to "call an ambulance". So which was it?....Of course we all know now...that Fleet yelled to call an ambulance...I guess that John had forgotten that just a few minutes earlier, he had said that Fleet did NOT call for help, and "frankly...he thought that it was odd". Just another example of the Ramsey's trying to ...as you said..."make anything and everything...and let ME add...ANYBODY....more suspect than the obvious".

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

cold crabs, old smitty, dumb john & nice lady

This is just another one of those totally irrelevant, bits of nonsense, that JR adlibs as he goes along. His ability to discern a real clue from hot air has gone with the wind. His mind-set is so fixed upon getting others to pick up on pieces of nonsensical bits of matter and convert them into “AH, HA†moments, borders on insanity. The cold crabs that nice lady Pricilla served the little ones, including JBR, was and is such a mundane issue that it doesn’t even deserve half of a footnote. But, I suppose, when you have such an eager-beaver supporter as old Smitty, with every fiber of his being grasping at straws, hoping to find exculpatory evidence for the Rams, you have to giggle a bit, and move on to other segments of this comedy of errors.
    Although it was a painful read, I do appreciate Ames for posting it.
    GL
    Hi, Little.

5. Little

Little Member

Hi back at ya GL :)

Ames, if I get some time I will put together as many of the not-so-veiled attempts to cast suspicion on the Whites as I can find from both John and Patsy.

I don't see how anyone can really doubt that the Whites cared deeply about the Ramsey children. They outclassed the Ramseys on many so levels after this tragedy.

Little

6. AMES

AMES Member

LOL...you are welcome. There are ALOT of IDI's on alot of different boards..that need to go back and read this part. Some of them SWEAR that Priscilla drugged JB with the Cracked Crab, because SHE set some aside...especially for HER! Number 1....she was making "little plates" for other people/kids.....and Number 2....JOHN asked her to put some cracked crab on JB's plate!!! Oh yeah....BUT...Priscilla saved some out ESPECIALLY for JB...and it was DRUGGED. :rolleyes:

7. AMES

AMES Member

That would be an interesting read, Little. I found a ton of them, without even trying. John actually says that Priscilla was jealous of Patsy...and that she was strange, and that he could see her doing what was done to JB....better than he could imagine Fleet doing it.

8. heymom

heymom Member

I think the Whites cared more for JonBenet in a parental sense than did her own parents. Patsy never seemed to know when JonBenet changed her clothing, took a bath, washed her hands, or ate, but I'll bet Priscilla White could tell you these things if JonBenet had been in her care.

JonBenet was like a living little dolly for her mother and father, used for different purposes of course. But not a real little girl to either of them. "That child" would have been "a handful" if she'd lived to grow up.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Indeed. Bringing boys home who weren't "socially compatible." The idea!

10. AMES

AMES Member

I totally agee! The White's ....from what I have read...cared deeply for JB, and treated her like she was their daughter. Your last sentence...taking quotes from the Ramseys, says it all.

11. AMES

AMES Member

And Patsy Agrees....

Now tell me that John and Patsy didn't discuss this before their interviews...

From PR's 98 Interview...

23 TRIP DEMUTH: Okay. But you do remember the
    24 cracked crab.
    25 PATSY RAMSEY: I just remember Priscilla had
    1 dip and she said, I know your kids like seafood. I
    2 will hold this little plate out for JonBenet to make
    3 sure she gets some.
    4 TRIP DEMUTH: You remember that.
    5 PATSY RAMSEY: I remember that. Well, I
    6 thought that is nice to make sure that we don't devour
    7 it before the kids get some, but she specifically
    8 mentioned JonBenet's name. And at that time it kind
    9 of, you know, flew over. But then when you are trying
    10 to remember things later, it seems, you know, a little
    11 strange.

So, Patsy ended up thinking that it was "strange" too. I am quite sure that John and Patsy discussed this beforehand....because they BOTH used the words "seems a little strange"....why didn't one use "unusual"...or "weird".....?? And the last part of the intervews that I have posted....are exactly the same. Also...Patsy says..."...when you are trying to remember things later, it seems a little strange"...and John's interview says...."Which in retrospect, seems a little strange". The things that I have highlighted in red...in my last sentence....mean the same thing.

From JR's 98 Interview:

5 JOHN RAMSEY: But she specifically, I
    6 just remember her making little plates going down
    7 the line. Which, in retrospect, seems a little
    8 strange

12. Little

Little Member

Well, I think it seems a little strange that Patsy & John can't remember diddlysquat about important things, yet they "both" seem to have total recall about some cracked crab when it comes to trying to toss Priscilla under the bus.

I agree Ames - it would really seem like they had a game plan here. Nice catch.

Little

13. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks!

And I find it not only strange ....as you said....that they can't remember important things...like what all JB ate that day, and when she had her last bath.....but also....very strange that they BOTH used the same words when describing Priscilla's "sinister" actions concerning the cracked crab. Funny how John says in his interview..too...that he ASKED Priscilla for the cracked crab for JB....and Patsy says that Priscilla knew how much JB liked cracked crab, and so she was going to save her out some. Notice how John says that HE told Priscilla to save some out for JB, but Patsy acts like Priscilla did it all on her own.....and even though they both give good reasons for Priscilla's action (John having ASKED her for the cracked crab, and Priscilla telling Patsy that she knew how much JB like it, so she was saving some for her before the adults devoured it).....they STILL...in the END....in RETROSPECT....thought it was "strange". Poor Priscilla....that just makes me mad, that they tried to throw her under the bus, and all she was doing was trying to be kind to JB....she thought of her as a daughter.

14. tylin

tylin Banned

Da*n right Little.
    Whenever I read the Ramsey's interviews, I'm always amazed at how many times they say-I can't remember.
    :behind: :hen:

15. Little

Little Member

(if someone already suggested this I apologize)

Alternatively, since the Ramseys had access to virtually every bit of information that they had to counter they knew about the autopsy saying pineapple was found in JonBenet's intestines? so the cracked crab may have been another way to suggest that they didn't feed her pineapple and what was discussed in the autopsy wasn't pineapple but was the cracked crab from the White's dinner party.

Little

16. AMES

AMES Member

I am going to go through and count just how many times Patsy says..."...and blah, blah, blah". Its a bunch....but, I am going to count. For example ..she says, when talking about the RN..."it says if you talk to anyone on the phone, it won't be good...and blah, blah, blah". For one thing, the rn did NOT say that it "wouldn't be good" if she "called anybody"......it said that JB would be beheaded!!! So..."wouldn't be good'....is an understatement.

17. AMES

AMES Member

Hmmm...that could be. One of the investigators said that Burke told HIM that he had cracked crab. I will see if I can find that....but, why would Burke just blurt that out??

From the Bonita Papers....

"One thing Burke did remember which he felt was important to tell the detective was that they had crab for dinner at the Whites' party. Det. Patterson smiled at the child’s observation."

18. tylin

tylin Banned

Ames,
    Years ago someone did exactly that and posted the number of Ramsey I don't remembers on the net. I hate to admit that I can't find it, so I'll be patiently waiting for Patsy's total count.
    (If you want to direct me to a particular set of interviews, let me know and I'll help you count.)

19. AMES

AMES Member

LOL...Okay...thanks for the help. I will probably start with PR..1998 interview. I want to count the many times that she says..."...and blah, blah, blah" too. It means and so on....like yadda, yadda, yadda. She says it a ton of times. I also want to count all the Ummm's and ahhhhh's. I read on a deception website, that if someone does this alot (both Ramsey's did in their interview)...its a sign that they are lying.....and I don't recall...or I don't remember...is too.

20. heymom

heymom Member

Ames, that has always bothered me, because when Patsy says "blah, blah, blah," it is in a context where she is being dismissive or somewhat scornful toward other people. It demonstrates her attitude very clearly.

Now, other people may say "blah, blah, blah" when they don't want to actually take the time to say the words involved. My hubby will abbreviate a conversation he's telling me about by inserting those 3 words, and he's not being disrespectful, just shortening his report.

I'll be interested to hear what others say. I found her demeanor in the transcripts to be very telling.

Here's one big spot: Patsy is going through the events of the morning, trying to tell the story, this is her big chance...page 137, last paragraph.

"And I called them and told them that she's been kidnapped, she is missing. And then I walked out...and opened the door, and started waiting for - front door - started waiting for the police to show up...and pretty soon a aquad car comes - you know, officer came up. And I remember thinking because it said somewhere in the note, if you do that, if you call somebody, that's not good. Blah, blah, blah. And I just remember thinking oh, my God, I hope they are not watching me. I mean what if they are watching, if the policeman comes, I mean all this was just rushing through my head."

Isn't that just amazing??? And gee, Patsy, the time to consider following the note's instructions would have been BEFORE making that 911 call...and calling half of Boulder to come over and pollute the crime scene.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice