Dumbbell Weights Found in JB's Room!?!?!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, Jul 7, 2007.

1. AMES

AMES Member

4 MIKE KANE: Did you know anything
    5 about JonBenet having dumbbells in her room?

6 Did she work out or anything like that?
    7 JOHN RAMSEY: I don't think so.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. But, I am JUST now getting TOWARD the end of JR's 1998 interview. The transcripts are so hard to read...because they are so long. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a confession at the end, and nobody has read down that far yet, to see it. LOL

Anyway....I just thought that this is an interesting little tidbit. Could she have been hit with one of the dumbbell weights. And what in the world were they doing in HER room? Was she pumping up her six year old muscles to get ready for those many pageants.....??? I think NOT!

2. tylin

tylin Banned

AMES,
    I don't remember reading that before either. Then again that's not saying much. I don't remember what I had for lunch today. lol

3. AMES

AMES Member

LOL...me either!!

I have actually never seen this part of John's interview mentioned before on ANY of the boards. Unless, of course, it was on an old thread, many pages back. I don't have the patience to go back that far to look. LOL

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I don't remember reading that about the dumbbells, either, Ames. When I read these interviews, I spent a lot of time picking up the book after I threw it at the wall. There is so much in there that challenges one's patience when you know the FACTS of evidence and the MANY CHANGING STORIES AND LIES the Ramseys have told over the years.

So thanks for bringing this up. I'll have to check it out again. I can't IMAGINE why anyone would have dumbbells in JonBenet's room. It certainly would be interesting to see their shape, wouldn't it? Because I suspect that the head wound happened in that room. Possibly that's why Burke heard his parents in the hall scurrying around, etc., in a panic. They were frantically trying to deal with "the problem" perhaps.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  5. AMES

AMES Member

To be quite honest...I was pretty shocked when I read about the dumbbells, because I had never heard about them before. I am not even finished with his interview....I can't seem to get all the way to the end for some reason. I wonder what else is in there, that we have missed??

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

That thought has often occurred to me. I mean, those little weights have a thick coating of rubber or plastic on them, don't they?

7. AMES

AMES Member

Just curious...Have you ever read that part of John's interview...about the weights...before I posted it?? I believe that you are right about the rubber or plastic on them. My question would be what in the world were they doing in her bedroom in the first place? They obviously had SOME sort of significance, otherwise, they would have never been mentioned in the interview. John says that she didn't work out.....well duh...I don't know ANY 6 year old girls that work out.

8. tylin

tylin Banned

Sure would like to find more information about the dumbbells.
    If they are the type of dumbbells my gang used for slight weight training, they were rubber coated. Would that type of dumbell cause the skull fracture JBR had? I have a hinky feeling the indention in her skull fracture could fit the dumbbells. Take a look at these pics found at Crimeshots.---- Scroll down a few pics and look at the autopsy picture of the skull fracture.
    http://zyberzoom.com/JonBenet.html

I've often thought the flashlight caused the fracture--------- but now I have something else to consider.

AMES,
    thanks so much for bringing this to FFJ.

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I hadn't picked up on it before. I wonder if a dumb bell could have inflicted her injury?

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Do I detect a pun from the Scottish wench? :)

11. Jayelles

I wish I had made a pun but now you've got me confused. Dumbell - pick up?

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

NO...dumbell =John/Patsy

13. AMES

AMES Member

A dumbbell...or a dumb BELLE....(as in southern BELLE)? LOL

Yes, I had NEVER read that before...and I believe that the dumbbell weight would have been a more likely weapon than the flashlight.

14. AMES

AMES Member

You are welcome!!

I believe that the weights would be a more likely weapon, than the flashlight....when I go back and look at that skull fracture. A weight would weigh more than a flashlight....it had to have been something heavy. I used to think that she was shoved into something, in the bathroom...like the sink or the side of the tub....now, I have my doubts.

15. AMES

AMES Member

LOL...a woman....from the south...like Patsy....is often referred to as a Southern Belle. So, when you said that you now wondered if a dumb bell caused the injury, some of us thought that you were making a pun...as in dumb BELLE. Just thought I would explain, just in case you had never heard the expression before.

16. heymom

heymom Member

But if that is true, then Patsy may not stand up very well as the perp, because if she'd picked up that weight, she might have broken a nail, don'tcha know...I can't see Patsy picking up a hand weight no matter how mad she got. I *can* see her grabbing a flashlight, maybe, but just think for a minute about Patsy's Southern Gal act - does that include touching a hand weight???

The two are incongruous for me.

17. Jayelles

doh.

18. tylin

tylin Banned

AMES,
    You really got me thinking about this again last night, so I looked at the autopsy photographs again and imo it seems very likely that the dumbbells caused the crack in JBR's skull. If the dumbbells were in fact in her room and whoever hurt JBR picked the weight up and hit her with it.....it wouldn't have caused a break in the skin. Seems the dumbbells would cause the same type of skull fracture that she recieved.

NOW why on earth are we just seeing/hearing about this now? Hard to believe that in over 10 years I simply don't remember hearing this mentioned.
    My next question is were the dumbbells removed from the house and fingerprinted?

Why were the weights found in JBR's room? That was one big house, surely whoever used weights would have used them in a room besides the youngest child's bedroom.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I did a search here for dumbbells. Besides this thread only one more comes up. It's about the interviews and started by Why_Nut. Here's one of the posts:

#6 April 1, 2005, 3:35 pm, Fri Apr 1 15:35:48 CST 2005
    Why_Nut
    FFJ Senior Member Join Date: Aug 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Focus has often been on the flashlight as the bludgeon which was used to deal out JonBenet's headblow, but why has no focus been put on this other possibility? Why have John and Patsy not been adamant in insisting the following items be examined for forensic evidence? Could it be because they fear that only their DNA would appear, and it would be embarrassing in the extreme to find that the equipment fits the skull fracture, and yet no intruder evidence can be found on them?

Quote:
    MIKE KANE: Did you know anything about JonBenet having dumbbells in her room? Did she work out or anything like that?

JOHN RAMSEY: I don't think so. How big were they? Were they -- Burke might have had some, Patsy had some, she was recovering from cancer, she used to ride her bicycle and work these dumbbells. They were usually -- they usually were in the TV room. I am not sure they were there when she was works out, but those were the dumbbells that we had around.

I think a dumbbell could have made the head injury.

20. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks for posting this....I didn't remember reading all of John's answer, before, when I posted it, I just stopped at the words..."I don't think so". I think that a dumbbell oculd have made the head injury, also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice