Forum history

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JC, Aug 7, 2007.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

There is so much information in this post by ACR. I want to refer back to it ever so often, and it's always a challenge for me to find it. Hence, I'm starting this thread to make it easy on myself. :)

2. tylin

tylin Banned

JC ,
    Thank YOU so much for posting this. I've heard about and read about this for years, it's nice to see the real story. (Once again, thanks to ACR!!! :rrcrown: )

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

You're welcome! Thanking ACR here, too.

4. Karen

Karen Member

How very interesting. This shows who had (has) scruples and character and who did (does) not. Whatever happened to Murphy?

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

One thing I was wondering is why LadyBug went with jameson; her missing children get little exposure at the swamp.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Oh, look Karen ~ the :skank: has responded to our questions.

jameson
    Member since 5-8-02
    08-10-07, 03:41 PM (EST)

21. "New questions"
    In response to message #0

ACR's account of the forum history is not quite right, but close enough, I suppose.
    What happened to Murphy? She dropped out long ago. Her prime reason for entering the discussion was to get experience making web pages - and money. The Ramsey discussion was never a priority with her. She never put time or energy into posting or moderating like I did.

(She had nothing to do with the work involved on the Thearing page. That credit goes to Thearing and no one else. It is too bad Murphy destroyed it. Thearing never had the heart to redo it. It was the best memorial page - I loved the music. I could never do a page so nice.)

Murphy sold weBsleuths and is rarely heard from. No one ever complains about her making money - but if you are BORG, it's AOK.

Why did LadyBug move to my forum? Because Murphy told her to take a hike. Murphy sold out to the BORG, no doubt about it. She didn't care about the MC forum - told Ladybug she simply wasn't welcome there anymore - - posted that maybe I would take her in - - and I did.

So Murphy didn't want anything to do with LadyBug. :cool:

7. Karen

Karen Member

That's pretty creepy having someone from another board answer my question! I feel like I'm being stalked by a crazie or something! In all seriousness I know who she is and since she seems to have no scruples or character I think i know how it all went down now. IMO trustworthiness is everything in business AND friendship. Character is how one acts when the friendship is over. Need I say more....?

8. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Conveniently omitted:

BIG difference between selling a forum/website for money and selling case documents, private information regarding the case and people down the river :wood:

Jameson chose the latter :lier:

I never knew Murphy or any of the people involved in the forums back then so I have no dog in this race, but selling a website/forum has absolutely NOTHING to do with JBR

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Here's John Ramsey's story of "Jamison" [sic] which he told to Smit and Kane in '98, from the transcript ACR has on her site. Strangely, the NE book of the same interview omits this section:

10. koldkase

I never knew Murphy, either, but what I did know of her, she was and is 100% a Ramsey supporter. Jams loves to call anyone BORG who crosses her, because she has no taste for the truth, only spin. Anyone acquainted with WS can see that, even with Tricia as the current owner, the mods skew pro-Ram everytime. That's the influence of Texas there, IMO, who has been there from the beginning and throws her bias as pro-Ram into all her decisions as a mod, IMO. [Not the same as "Texan" here, BTW.] It's why I quit WS. Don't expect equal treatment on the JB forum, no way, no how, though it has improved with Tricia.

But former owner River was RDI, as well, so in the end, it's a large forum that depends on the experienced mods who have been there so long. They know the ropes and they know the owners depend on them, so they take advantage, IMO. It's that simple. But I guess when you work for free, there has to be some benefit, and they put in the time, so I guess they're owed. It is why I quit, though. When you can't do as the Romans do, best to just leave Rome.

11. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

This post is for Jameson because I know you're reading here. You can try and discredit Murphy until you're blue in the face making others think she was only here to make money and web pages but Murphy was Pro-Ramsey to the bone. She sure took YOU under HER wings and save your butt many times, she did all the work to get YOUR timeline and the Thearing site online and then maintained it daily for YOU and Murphy defended YOU to the point that others began hating her too.

I have copies of the original Thearing site and I know exactly what it looked like the day Murphy finally took it down because SHE was the owner of the Tripod account and maintained the web page where it was housed. Murphy paid a price for becoming friends with you Jameson and you know it. And she trusted you. YOU told Murphy when you resigned that you would not take the Webbsleuths name that she had trademarked on the original forum and that your new forum was going to be called "The JonBenet Forum" but you didn't do that, did you?

Now to LadyBug and her Missing Children Forum.

Yes, Murphy did finally tell her to take a hike BECAUSE during that ugly summer of '99 when Murphy asked all of her members, including LadyBug to support the ORIGINAL WEBBSLEUTHS forum after Murphy told YOU to either stop posting personal information or resign from the JonBenet Forum, there was good old LadyBug, who Murphy set up an entire forum for, sneaking over behind Murphy's back to your new forum kissing your butt.

I was full witness to what was going on back then and I save every single thread and posting for just moments like this.

Murphy DID NOT kick LadyBug off the ORIGINAL MURPHY OWNED WEBBSLEUTHS forum because she didn't care about LadyBug or the Missing Children's forum. She did it because LadyBug didn't care or appreciate that Murphy had given her a whole forum for her missing children site and then asked her to support the original Webbsleuths Forum NAME that you stole.

Here are two of Murphy's postings directly to LadyBug:

=============================================

From WebbSleuths Community Forum:

2. "PS LadyBug ..."
    Posted by Murphy on 17:40:48 6/08/99

Include Original Message on Reply
    NOTE: THIS MESSAGE WAS LASTED EDITED ON 17:40:48, 6/08/99

FYI - I didn't say a darn thing about her taking webbsleuths.com on the forum until I'd tried to work THAT out with her for 3 solid days via email.

ONLY after it was made "public" did she then register a DIFFERENT domain.

It would take her ONLY MINUTES on any given day to RIGHT her WRONGS ... All three of them at this time would take her only MINUTES.

I hope you have her email address handy and you'll take this time to encourage HER to do the RIGHT thing!

PPS: LadyBug, SB was 'away' yesterday but NOT away from a computer. She's online and you can bet on that.

PPPPPPPPS: Wait a darn minute LadyBug. About one hour ago, you were over on the STOLEN WebbSleuths playing with gifs... Right?

Then you bring your critical self over here and tell us to stop talking and get busy??? How is posting at the STOLEN WebbSleuths helping anything miss busy LadyBug? Why are you so CRITICAL of people who post here in the Jury Room? Do you think WebbSleuths is some type of business where we all must work all the time???

It isn't LadyBug. I work damn hard and when I want to relax, I come to the Jury Room, listen to music, talk to posters. That OBVIOUSLY gives you some kind of problem I see.

This is a place we hang out when we decide to hang out. You are OUT OF PLACE coming here ordering us to do something when you're over at the STOLEN WebbSleuths playing! How damn hypocritical you are.

If I want to spend three solid days and nights in the Jury Room doing whatever it is I want to do, it is NONE of your BUSINESS LadyBug. Do you understand THAT? It is my business and maybe my family's business but none of your business.

I'm seriously tired of you going around here being HYPER CRITICAL. I told you that the other day in Darlie Routier's area!

You want to post on the STOLEN WebbSleuths LadyBug ... Well, I'll tell you what, I'll be more than happy to put your MC's in storage until such time jameson can get them online at the STOLEN WebbSleuths!

Good Day ~

------------------------------------------------------------

6. "Lady Bug"
    Posted by Murphy on 18:08:10 6/08/99

Instead of you going to the STOLEN WebbSleuths to play with pictures, you could go make a PUBLIC PLEA to SB to END THE WAR. She can do it in just minutes. Make a post to SB and tell her to get the lead out and get to work! Not unlike you just did here.

She can make the necessary changes in only MINUTES... ONLY MINUTES LadyBug. It is unbelievably simple and takes virtually no time at all for her to get her grubby hands off WebbSleuths! If you don't have her EMAIL addy handy, write me and I'll give it to you or you might could find it over at the STOLEN WebbSleuths where you continue to POST.

That hurts me LadyBug ... It hurts that you would support her knowing full well that IF none of you post there, she is FAR MORE LIKELY to do the RIGHT thing to get this settled. Her quest for a Corporate Sponsor will not be successful if the place is vacant. Then her attempt to LEVERAGE WebbSleuths for her own personal gain will be nothing more than SB's latest exercise in futility. You must know that much at least.

So, read over MY posts again Lady Bug and give it some careful consideration.

=============================================

ACR

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

ACR

Your efforts and knowledge never cease to leave me awestruck

13. ACandyRose

Let me add more to the LadyBug Children's Forum saga.

Yes, Murphy was not happy that LadyBug was not giving full support to the original Webbsleuths Community Forum where the Missing Children's Forum was housed on Murphy's host server. All Murphy was asking as support was that the original Webbsleuths Community Forum members, LadyBug included, to not join Jameson's new forum and create a solid front on the original Webbsleuths. That seemed like a simple request.

That was in June 1999 is when Murphy posted to LadyBug about that but LadyBug and her Missing Children Forum did not move until September 1999 NOT because Murphy kicked her off but because LadyBug wanted to go to Jameson's new forum and apparently was using the excuse that Murphy's forum was not stable.

What happened was in the end of August '99 Murphy's original Webbsleuths forum got hacked and every single forum and thread was wiped out EXCEPT ironically LadyBug's Missing Children Forum. A message was left behind that the forum was hacked by "Hackers for Jesus" with all forum/threads missing except the Missing Children's Forum.

Ironically again, just the day before this happened I was over on Murphy's Webbsleuths forum saving threads from the JonBenet Forum to use as my own reference as part of my JonBenet subculture history archive. And although I do save individual postings here and there but normally I save the whole thread in it's original content "as is" to maintain the integrity of the postings so I had a huge collection of the threads but they were just for the JonBenet Forum. After Murphy finally got her forum back online, I offered to upload those threads back to Murphy which she accepted and I did so at least for that forum plus LadyBug's forum were back in operation.

Between August and September 1999 Murphy was still having problems after the hacking, apparently there was a forum software flaw also that would allow the forum to be hacked again if Murphy didn't try and fix it. Murphy did end up upgrading her software and switched host servers. Somewhere in that process apparently because of LadyBug's complaints regarding the forum not being stable Murphy e-mailed LadyBug suggesting she just move her Missing Children's Forum to Jameson's forum. Basically saying if you're not happy then maybe you should just leave.

I'm not sure if it was that day or shortly thereafter but when Murphy's forum went to the new server, LadyBug's forum didn't get switched over in the process. Now whether Murphy decided not to include LadyBug's forum or it just wasn't transfered the day of the e-mail Murphy sent her, that I don't know, but either way LadyBug was not happy. I mean it was pretty obvious that she wanted to go to Jameson's new forum, she was already a member there. Jameson is trying to make it sound like big bad ole Murphy said screw the children and just wiped out LadyBug's forum and that wasn't the case.

Below are two postings, one from LadyBug that was posted on Murphys Webbsleuths Community Fourms and the second from Murphy in answer to LadyBug. Note also that LadyBug said she didn't have to pay dues nor provide any personal information to Jameson to join her forum, which was a rule of Jameson's to her new members.

============================================

Murphy's Webbsleuths Community Forums:

6. "From Lady Bug"
    Posted by LadyBug on 19:16:41 9/28/99

At this time I will now set the record straight.

I AM A VOLUNTEER, NOT PAID BY ANY FORUM OR ORGANIZATION. I AM DEDICATED AND HAVE SPENT LONG HOURS IN A PROJECT TO HELP THE KIDS.

1 ) I have NOT received ANY e-mail from MURPHY since August 23, 1999 at 10 A.M., and that was CC of what TEXAS and MAXI recieved. It was an explanation of trying to get the forums back online. I have not, repeat NOT recieved any further mail from MURPHY who may have thought she had sent...but did not. (SEE Murphy post above)

2 ) I have NOT given my personal information to Jameson or any other forum.

3 ) I have NOT paid ONE RED CENT to any forum, including Jameson for my efforts of volunteering to help find Missing Children or any other cause.

4 ) As of this very minute Jameson does NOT have a clue WHO I am.

5 ) I admit the FBI does know my identity. They know how to reach me by phone, mailing address and e-mail address.

I have had NO conversations with MURPHY in any chat by that name. During the breakdown and Murphy attempting to repair the forum I had conversations others and praised Murphy for her long hours of efforts to get the forum online. I encouraged others to hang on and not give up.

It is a shame that the Missing Children have been taken down, in which our forum was helping so many of loved ones to cope and A respectable forum where they could add information to posts or send to me for posting or adding a link from their web page AND with the hope the possibility that we could help a child.

Apparently adults can't patch their differences and something I tried to stay clear of has cost the children. It seems there is always something that 'costs' the children...

Thanks Sincerely
    Lady Bug

--------------------------------------------------------

Murphy's Webbsleuths Community Forums:

7. "LadyBug"
    Posted by Murphy on 07:47:26 9/29/99

"At this time I will now set the record straight.I AM A VOLUNTEER, NOT PAID BY ANY FORUM OR ORGANIZATION. I AM DEDICATED AND HAVE SPENT LONG HOURS IN A PROJECT TO HELP THE KIDS."

... Same here LadyBug ...

"1) I have NOT received ANY e-mail from MURPHY since August 23, 1999 at 10 A.M., and that was CC of what TEXAS and MAXI recieved. It was an explanation of trying to get the forums back online. I have not, repeat NOT recieved any further mail from MURPHY who may have thought she had sent...but did not. (SEE Murphy post above)"

A copy of the email was in my sent folder so I sent it again to missingchildren@bigfoot.com this morning ... If you don't get it this time, could you email me and tell me that please? ... I am having email probs with the munitrading addys so try box8000@bigfoot.com --- Email does not ALWAYS reach its intended destination LB . . . You must know that by now.

"2 ) I have NOT given my personal information to Jameson or any other forum."

That's a smart move on your part LadyBug ... Seems she had mine and posted it all over her forum and TL along with everybody elses that crosses her ... She does that whenever she's PO'd which is rather often as it turns out ...

"3 )I have NOT paid ONE RED CENT to any forum, including Jameson for my efforts of volunteering to help find Missing Children or any other cause."

Same here LadyBug ... I guess I'm missing your point.?.

"4 )As of this very minute Jameson does NOT have a clue WHO I am."

Are you saying that SB will not let you post about missing children unless she has your ID, phone, home addy, etc? Certainly I can understand you not wanting her to have it knowing her history of OUTING posters when she's mad at them ... Nobody wants to be harassed in their homes or put their family and children at risk... That's why she does it I guess. After you check with her about the MC section and if that’s the case, let me know - - - > But I still cannot provide you the security you desire.

"5) I admit the FBI does know my identity. They know how to reach me by phone, mailing address and e-mail address."

... I don't doubt that LB ...

"I have had NO conversations with MURPHY in any chat by that name."

... You lost me there LB ~ I've not had time to go to chats so I'm clueless...

"During the breakdown and Murphy attempting to repair the forum I had conversations others and praised Murphy for her long hours of efforts to get the forum online. I encouraged others to hang on and not give up."

Yes, we got hacked then re-located ... Back to Back ~ Major bummer for both to happen but neither of which I could control. We have to KNOW things like that will happen in cyberspace. If history is any predictor ~ it will happen again in the future. I have removed the slots on the registration form for real life names in an effort to keep people from giving and hackers from getting posters personal info ... I don't want to know the IDs of any posters.

"It is a shame that the Missing Children have been taken down, in which our forum was helping so many of loved ones to cope and A respectable forum where they could add information to posts or send to me for posting or adding a link from their web page AND with the hope the possibility that we could help a child. Apparently adults can't patch their differences and something I tried to stay clear of has cost the children. It seems there is always something that 'costs' the children... Thanks SincerelyLady Bug"

You've lost me again LB ... "Something you tried to stay clear of cost the children?" I'm not understanding or connecting with what you're saying... Maybe it doesn't concern me... I'll presume that's the case.

I will reiterate ... Security is an ongoing issue here, LB. Unless I misunderstood, you didn't want to post anything until you KNOW we're secure. We'll NEVER be secure from what I can tell, LB. That's why I suggest you relocate MC to SB's where it's far harder to get registered and less likely to be spammed into oblivion since users have to pay to post. That should not affect the posters in MC since you’re about the only one who posts there and others can lurk for free.

Here, we're pretty lax ~ An email addy will get you registered and they're a dime a dozen... Actually, they're cheaper than that when you consider how many online services like AOL and MSN 'give away' free net access...

I've thought about my role here and particularly about 'what responsibility' I'm willing to assume in addition to providing an open and free forum. I've assessed my time, my limited skills, and my low tolerance for additional stress.

Here's what I decided for now ... I'll keep WS online ... When it gets hacked for spammed into oblivion, which it will, I'll put it back up and restore what I can... That's it. I have a new write-to CD that continues to occupy its box on my office sofa... Maybe soon it will get unpacked and installed. Then I'll 'try' to back up the forum on a regular basis however I will make no promises nor guarantee any posts. I'm only human and this IS the Internet ... Things WILL happen beyond my control. That is a given.

I cannot be responsible for every post made on this forum. If particular posts, threads, or whole forums, are that important to somebody, THEY need to keep copies on their computers for when things go screwy ... And since this "IS" the internet, we can and MUST count on interruptions from time to time and be able to ‘Roll With The Punches’.

Aside: I hear that Geno, for one, has access to everyone’s passwords. If that’s true and he can get them from here, he can probably get them from ALL dcforums. Only way I know that he can get them is to HACK in. IF that’s the case, what he’s doing is illegal. I’d suggest you change your password but he’d still be able to get your new one wouldn’t he?

Try to use different passwords wherever you go on the net. Then when somebody gets one of yours, they don’t have access to everything like your online email. The Internet has no shortage of wanna-be-hackers with nothing better to do with their time than to hack forums. Just KNOW that and try NOT to leave yourself too vulnerable. I’m not just talking about here, I’m talking about the Internet in general. Newsweek had an interesting article about our Gov’t server’s security holes --- Seems where there’s a will, there’s a way. Who’s aiming our guided missles today. . . Scary thought.

Last but not least ~ I hear that JohnAndrew and Melinda will be testifying for the GJ. We’re going down to the wire it seems.

REMOVE | ALERT | EDIT | REPLY | TOP | MAIN | LOBBY

============================================

ACR

14. koldkase

Thank you, ACR, again for being the keeper the truth. Jams has tried to clean up her image for some time now, but her lower nature still comes out anyway, like the unsourced gossip she continues to spread about people. She's a true sociopath who has no remorse and knows no shame. It's everyone ELSE'S fault with her. That's why she was so perfect to lead the RST online. She's just like the Ramseys.

15. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Half the time when I do look at LadyBug's MC forum at the swamp, it's full of either porn or drug ads.

16. tylin

tylin Banned

:censored: :x
    So was ladybug's site for the missing a fake site? One used to lure people in and then hit them with porn?

17. koldkase

No, I don't think so, tylin, though others know much more about it than I.

What I think happens is perverts use missing children's names and buy addresses linked to them to get hits. It happened at the old WS a long time ago. The devils have a way of highjacking links; I guess it's because they all know how each other's perversions work and that those like them will be looking at those links. It's sick and really disgusting, but they did that with JonBenet quite a bit, probably still do.

Of course, I'm just guessing, as I don't really know LadyBug nor anything about her forum except that it's at the swamp, and that means I don't look at it; but I believe LadyBug's sincere in her desire to help. On the other hand, I'm so dumb about those kinds of things, and it is the Internet, so who knows what the truth is? Not me.

18. tylin

tylin Banned

Thanks KK and I apologize if I offended anyone with my question. Still amazes me when sickos post porn on legitimate sites that were established for either shock value or one that they use for free advertising.

19. ACandyRose

Tylin,

It happened to me one time when I had a web page with link to news articles that covered some of the cyber gatherings back in '98 in Boulder. A couple of the news articles were from a place called the Boulder Weekly and apparently they either closed or let their domain name expire, I'm not sure but some porn company apparently grabbed it.

With so many links on my site there was no way for me to go and check them all but I soon found out when somebody else alerted me that the links to the Boulder Weekly were being directed to hard core porn pages. I nearly freaked out and had to get the web page off line really quick.

So it is possible if LadyBug doesn't check all her links often that any one of them could very well lead to a porn site. And like KK says these porn companies a-holes grab up old domains that were once used to advertise missing children.

ACR

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Thank you ACR for your invaluable archiving of case and subculture. Once again we see jameson's attemtps to re-write history debunked as a result of your wonderful record-keeping.

Whilst others are discussing the case and evidence, jameson merely sounds like a stuck record - "BORG!...BORG!....BORG!..."

She's a proven liar - I have seen that at first hand as have many others. If anyone is in any doubt about jameson's standing these days, then they only have to consider the fact that all but a few oddbod diehards have abandoned her forum and that it's not just the RDIs who distrust her. On several occasions recently I have seen IDI posters dismiss jameson outright as "not credible" and we know that even those diehard members who supported her publicly, had a different story to tell privately.

She is her own worst enemy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice