New York Post Victory

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Apr 11, 2002.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ramsey/article/0,1299,DRMN_1296_1081214,00.html

N.Y. Post wins access to Burke Ramsey file
    Boulder DA must yield investigative data to newspaper defending libel suit, judge rules

By Owen S. Good, News Staff Writer
    April 11, 2002

BOULDER -- A federal judge ordered the district attorney's office to turn over files in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case to a New York newspaper being sued by the Ramsey family for libel.

The order is a broad repercussion of a sworn statement given by then-District Attorney Alex Hunter in 2000 that cleared Burke Ramsey of suspicion in his sister's death. The Ramseys will also receive the district attorney's investigative documents.
    ***Snip

Edited for compliance of "fair use."

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2002
  2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Yes!

Thanks, RR.

"The materials are under protective order barring their publication."

That means these documents are NOT to be released to the media/public, and hence, jameson's statement.....

"BUT the fact is that this forces the Boulder authorities to open investigation records to - - not only the media but to the attorneys for Lin Wood.".....

is simply wrong, *grin*.

BTW, I wonder who Lin Wood's attorneys are, LOL.

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

OOPS, sorry, Rat...

I didn't scroll down far enough to see this thread. I replied to the Rocky article on the Burke thread.

What I said basically is that I am revising my "Burke could not have possibly done it" theory.

And if anyone thinks that the very aggressive Post will not leak some of this material to influence public opinion on their behalf, they've got to be kidding. The Post and its attorneys are not pushovers, like a certain NY Lawyer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice