Fleet White

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I was thinking about Fleet White and his family today and I wondered how he manages to stay so professional and quiet about this crime when he is so maligned all over the forums, actually being outright accused of heinous and unthinkable behavior and the actual murder itself.

Knowing what we know about Fleet and his desire to set things straight, with his passionate letter writing and outspoken opinions, I just know that I would love to sit down with him with a few hundred cups of coffee

I think Fleet initially stayed quiet not only due to his hope, rather than belief, that this may actually someday see the inside of a courtroom and his testimony and feedback would be better and more honorably served there. Let's not forget the real fear of more retribution for himself and his children should he speak out in a corrupt atmosphere such as the one in Boulder.

So, I thought to myself that with a personality like Fleet, I believe and sincerely hope that, given his talent for writing his thoughts, that he has journals documenting his every account of that day and days prior and since, along with all legal instructions. I believe that he would be the type to plan ahead in the event of his death, etc. and would not be surprised if he has video "depositions" of himself with a legal team addressing all things Ramsey. I hope these accounts are in the hands of legal representatives with clear instructions about when they can be released.

I think that if one really wanted to read evil into all of this, I wondered if Fleet didn't fear for his family's safety and let the RST know that he'll release statements they won't like if anything happened to him or his family, but that's just the more paranoid approach; although it's not really paranoia if they are really out to get you

Just sharing some of the strange things I think about sometimes in this insanity provoking case.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Fleet and Priscilla know that the Truth is on their side so they have no personal worries. I am sure though that their hearts must ache over the continued mistreatment of JonBenet as ours do.

Thank you for starting this thread. I see that Candy is trying twist and turn what she has no business knowing about Fleet's depostion with Darnay. Perhaps a Bar Complaint is in order here as she is not anyone that would have legal access to that deposition?????

3. tylin

tylin Banned

I've recently read despicable things about Fleet White at the Topix forum. Things that made me question a certain someone who's intent on destructing Fleet's name. After reading trustworthy articles and books I've came to the conclusion that Mr. White is nothing less than a honest and centered man. A man who chose the path of truth regarding JBR's murder. A man who's wise enough to ignore the blatant lies and accusations against him.

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Is that a fill in the last line one? Thinking, thinking ...

5. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I'd like to sit down with Fleet with a recorder and a syringe of sodium pentathol. He's not a hero in my book because he values the status quo of Boulder over publically discussing what he thinks he knows of the case, which is something I have doubts about as well. He has passive/aggressively tried to manipualte the Governor of Colorado. His statement "We have to protect Bouder" belies his priorities.

I group him and his wife right along with Koby and Arndt as being too affected by the Strange Boulder Theosophical Culture. If he were to leave a video of his thoughts on the case I would fully expect to see him wearing a pyramidal aluminum hat.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think we all would like to know what he "knows".

I think we have enough people discussing what "they think they know", but I do admire him for not getting caught up in the town gossip. He has held his knowledge close to the vest for a reason, and I don't see how calling for a special prosecutor equates to valuing the status quo of Boulder. It makes perfect sense why he doesn't want to publically discuss the case.

I don't think he has done anything we haven't done as far as the Governor goes...he wanted a special prosecutor, and so did others.

And I think you are "high". So much for what each of us thinks, eh?

7. RiverRat

And just who else besides the Ramseys were witness to that statement that Fleet allegedly made about protecting Boulder?!

8. heymom

heymom Member

His daughter just stood up against her high school allowing a bunch of adults to talk to the students about sex and drugs, encouraging the students to experiment. I don't think they are "protecting Boulder" in any sense. I think they enjoy what Colorado has to offer, they don't go along with the status quo up there, somehow they have maintained their own integrity.

You're the one in the tinfoil hat, Paradox. Been reading too many psychology manuals or something???

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I think Paradox is entitled to his opinion. I have no problem with that.

I don't know what Fleet knows, and I don't know why he has done the things he has done. He took himself out of the witness pool when he testified under oath in the Wolf depo that he has forgotten pretty much everything in this case. He's out of the picture as far as giving testimony because he'd be discredited with his own words pronto.

I have no idea why he did that. I thought he didn't want to testify in the Miller trial to keep his status as an untested witness for a murder trial. But like you said, Moab, what we "think" isn't always reality. Once he made his statements of "don't remember" under oath, I can only speculate that he either didn't realize that would cut his legs out from under him in any criminal trial, or he doesn't believe there will ever be a criminal trial and so just clammed up because he's tired of being dragged into this.

Either way, I'm betting he's not going to tell "the world" what he knows, if anything. John Ramsey sure doesn't seem to be worried about it. If White hadn't made an enemy of the vindictive Hunter, we'd have spent no time on these forums discussing the mentally ill Nancy Krebs, IMO. How nice would THAT have been?

Whatever. I wish the Whites well. They looked fine in that Board of Ed meeting, so I "think" they have let all of this go. I hope they have. I just wish I could.

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I think he might just "remember" if there were ever a trial; not likely, but just because one "forgets" something today, doesn't mean that it won't come to them at a later time

Of course, it's probably a moot point anyhow, given where this case has been and headed, but you never know.

11. Paradox

There's nothing I'd like more than for Fleet White to prove me wrong.

Waiting, waiting, ....

12. Paradox

-He has held his knowledge close to the vest for a reason, ... It makes perfect sense why he doesn't want to publically discuss the case.-

I've never been able to divine his reason beyond wanting to protect Boulder.

Think about it. THE person closest to the action that day, other than the Ramseys, was Fleet White. And he doesn't talk. Why?

13. RiverRat

Bs

Fleet has screamed out at the top of his lungs about this case. Just because he has kept his testimony pure and intact is no reason to accuse him of hiding something or being involved with Jonbenet's murder. :nuts:

14. Paradox

He has typed at the tips of his fingers about the handling of the case. But I don't think he has said much about the Ramseys and that day. I don't attribute this to decorum.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I don't think anyone here has said White's guilty of involvement in the murder. Hiding something? What he saw that morning and before that morning and after that morning? Though I wouldn't consider it "hiding", just not disclosing to the public at large. I don't blame him. He has been in a no win situation since that morning. How anyone can say he "acted strange" over being in the Ramsey home when JonBenet's DEAD BODY was "found" by John in the basement is beyond me. The Ramseys get all the excuses in the world for their STRANGE behavior, but White was supposed to come out smiling and Mr. RST or else HE'S suspicious!

But White has not kept his testimony pure by any means. What do you think the defense attorney would have to say about White's answers under oath on point blank questions about the case being "I don't remember"?

It's not good news. The simple fact is that with THOSE statements White made, he might be subpoenaed to testify FOR a Ramsey, if one were actually tried...in another life, maybe. Anything he later said OTHER THAN "I don't remember" on those specific issues would be impeached. Period. Was he lying then? Is he lying now? See how that works? No, his testimony is no longer "pure" or even credible in court if he waivers one word from the statements he made under oath already. A decent lawyer would make him look dishonest in a few minutes.

By the way, I think it should be said we don't KNOW for sure WHAT White said in his Wolf deposition, do we? Or am I forgetting a source? As I remember it, all we have is Wood telling us what he wants us to believe in a tabloid and gutter candy twisting herself into a frenzy over it, though SHE ADMITS SHE DOESN'T HAVE THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE DEPO. So she's going on GOSSIP herself. That's not proof of anything. Wood could be lying, stretching the truth, or twisting it. Since Darnay is gutter candy's source, it's nothing but gossip. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. My brain is crashing on old info from this case everyday. I'm just too tired of it to look it all up again.

This is all moot, though, as we all know that there will be no trial.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice