Richard Jewell has died after an illness

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Aug 29, 2007.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-08-29-obit-jewell_N.htm?csp=34

Lin Wood, remember, first tasted national fame as Jewell's civil attorney.

2. tylin

tylin Banned

Just saw this on the evening news. May Richard rest in peace.

Richard was young when the Atlanta bombings occurred....sadly he was wrongly charged with a huge crime as a young man. I'm sure he suffered because of that. I'm glad he eventually was exonerated of any wrong doing.

(Must say seeing Wood's mug on tv, at dinner time no less, almost made me nauseas.)

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Rest in peace Richard

Wood is devastated? Now that's funny. You need a heart to be devastated

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Two cash cows gone now...Poor WoodyBinLimpy

RIP Richard
    :rwbcand:

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Why is Lin rushing back? Is he in the Will?

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Free advertising?

7. Barbara

:floor:

8. heymom

heymom Member

In today's newspaper, another article...

Jewell sued several media organizations, including NBC, CNN and the New York Post, and settled for undisclosed amounts. According to Wood, Jewell also settled a lawsuit against Piedmont College, a former employer. That amount was also confidential.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution never settled a lawsuit Jewell filed against it. Lin Wood, Jewell's longtime attorney, said Wednesday that the case is set for trial in January.

"I expect to pursue it for Richard and his estate," Wood said. "But that is a decision for a less sad day."

Guess the cow may still produce some milk for Wood! Amazing! :cow:

"I expect to pursue it for my own greed and exploitation," Wood said. That's my version!

9. Barbara

Okay, well NOW the "devastation" makes sense

:rs:

10. heymom

heymom Member

I can't believe he used the word "devastation." That's criminal, to infer that you are devastated that one of your clients (i.e. cash cows) has passed away. It means your check will be cut off, and THAT is what you are devastated about. Everyone who sees that will understand that Lin Wood is a mercenary bastid lawyer who gives the rest of them a bad name. :yes:

11. heymom

heymom Member

Today's Real Life Adventures comic...

Pretty appropriate for this thread, don'tcha think?

Attached Files:

12. koldkase

In relation to lawyers in general, yeah, cartoon is right on.

But Jewell, bless his heart, was a sweet man who was not PATZILLA, and he WAS innocent. The attention and press and suspicion was hard on him, by all accounts, so it was truly sad that he suffered when he was, in fact, a hero. He didn't run to save himself when he saw the backpack. He instead got the public out of the way. I'm glad he got the award and recognition for that from the Governor before he died.

He leaves a wife behind, I believe, and she would be the beneficiary of any money now won in a civil award. I have no idea what will happen in this case, though, as the AJC doesn't seem to be inclined to back down. They have their own power lawyers. Let's see what Wood comes up with now.

13. heymom

heymom Member

I didn't mean to imply that Richard Jewell was guilty of anything. I feel nothing but sorry that he was targeted that way. His wife deserves ALL of whatever Lin Wood gets, if anything, and I hope he's taking that on contingency.

RIP Richard.

14. koldkase

OH, I didn't take it that you meant to imply Richard was guilty, but just wanted to clarify out of respect for Jewell. I live in Georgia and it was very scary here when that bomb went off during the Olympics of '96. He really was the good guy. The FBI must have had one of their bureaucrats whizzing his pants to have gone so over-the-top with Jewell like they did. The press picked up on it and it spun out of control very quickly.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Sorry, Linny. No more for you here. You sucked it dry.

But then, I always knew you sucked, PERIOD!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice