Atlanta Altercation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

John Ramsey denied it happened in his 1998 deposition in the Stephen Miles suit.

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/10201998Depo-JohnRamsey.htm

Alex Hunter confirmed that the police had been called and was quoted doing so in Stephen Singular's book:-

http://timelinewhite.pbwiki.com/White-Main-Timeline

In DOI, John Ramsey DID acknowledge the incident - even called it an altercation! (p295 hb & 309 pb).

Other sources describe the incident:-

The Daily Camera says there were witnesses to the dispute which John denied had happened:-

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...600ramsey.html

From PMPT pb p85

PMPT pb p 94

From ST hb p 68:-

So why did John deny this incident occurred?

The RST argue that he didn't lie. There have been suggestions that "he merely forgot" (despite Lee HIll trying to jog his memory - "We had been informed that there was some sort of dispute or disagreement, that police were called.") Others have suggested that Alex Hunter and Lee Hill are simply wrong about the police being called.

I understand that police reports can be obtained under the Freedom of Information Act. Some district police force websites describe how to go about obtaining them. I'm wondering whether Why_Nut has ever check this one out (I know WN has obtained a lot of reports about the case). OR... whether anyone would be willing to check this one out.

We can obtain information about police activities in the UK and we don't have so much freedom of information here. The police might not actually let you see their reports, but they will usually confirm that they attended an incident and perhaps give a few details about the incident. Surely at the very least we could have it confirmed whether or not the police attended this altercation or not and find out whether John Ramsey denied something that did happen or whether they whole things is a "BORG myth" as suggested by the RST?

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

For me, the obvious answer is that had John "remembered" the incident, he would have been questioned further for the details of what the argument was based on

Now, imagine if you will, John explaining that Fleet was insisting that he cooperate with LE and NOT go on national television. Imagine John stating that Fleet thought that Patsy and himself should be answering questions and staying in Boulder and helping to find the "murderer". Imagine John stating that Fleet couldn't get past the lawyering up and running away from an investigation to help JBR. Imagine John stating that he and Patsy would rather play to the public and save their good names than come to Boulder and actually ASSIST LE :eek: :yow:

So, I guess the easiest way to get past this is to deny it, with the lapse in memory, and at the very least, play it down

I can't imagine any other explanation

3. Tez

Tez Member

He "forgot" because he was in a scotch and valium haze! LOL

Personally, I agree with Barbara, can you imagine trying to explain why you went on national TV rather than cooperate with the police to find your daughter's killer??? Heck, they didn't even have to go back to Boulder to cooperate, the police came to them in Atlanta.

4. Barbara

Good point!

5. heymom

heymom Member

What strikes me as very strange is that Don Paugh saw the need to get his guns because of a simple argument between friends.

It is revealing that this family was so afraid of conflict that raised voices and passionate interchanges are seen as dangerous, even deadly.

Very significant, and probably points to a family that was always over-controlled, very emotionally stifled, except perhaps for the parents' own anger and emotionality.

I don't LIKE conflict, but when people love one another, there is going to be some. It's just what happens. An argument is not going to cause the family to be in danger, unless one of the parties feels tremendously threatened and brings weapons into it. Don Paugh is the one who brought guns to a knife fight, so to speak.

6. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I think

I think the reason Don Paugh loaded a gun and hid it is because someone told the group of people gathered there that the Whites were coming and perhaps that was embellished to make it sound as if it would come to blows or something.

7. Barbara

As Heymom stated, "bringing a gun to a knife fight" may have been a way of life in the Paugh family

Both Don and Nedra appear to have been very strict, controlled and controlling, ruling with an iron fist. It would also appear that while many families have one parent who is the "easy touch" so to speak, this family had both parents who ruled with real authority and whom you did not sass. No wiggle room at all while the Paugh kids were growing up. It is no surprise that Patsy married John, very cold and controlling/in control. Just like daddy

It is not surprising that Don would react with guns; he and Nedra both probably OVERreacted to any infraction in their lifetimes.

We also don't know what Don expected Fleet to "discuss" with them. For all we know, since nobody's talking, Fleet could have accused them of the crime. The fact that John isn't talking, leads me to believe that the "argument" might supply great insight if we knew what happened.

8. Karen

Karen Member

Well didn't Jeff Ramsey call ahead and say that the Whites were on their way and Fleet was acting crazy? Even to the point that Jeff felt physically threatened by Fleet before they left? Jeff might have been the one that stirred things up to a frenzy at the Paugh home.Of course I think that is Patsys version of events in DOI.

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I agree with you 100% That is my take too.

However, I want to underline the bottom line of my initial post on this thread:-

10. Tez

Tez Member

And in John's version of events he said FW and PW were upset or something to that effect that his friend Rod had money. It was something about the meal after JB was buried.

I think FW was upset that JR and PR went on national TV rather than sit down and try to help LE solve the crime. I know I'd be upset!!!!!

11. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I STILL want to know why Don Paugh left Boulder so suddenly.

12. heymom

heymom Member

That's a huge red flag, isn't it? And I don't believe anyone followed up on this. Maybe HE was the molester.

13. Little

Little Member

Tez, that was another of the deceptions that John put out there too saying that it was because of Fleet's advise that they went on national TV. Good grief that's proof that when you lie you can't keep track of your story.

Good job of information collection here Jayelles.

Whose idea was it to go on CNN?
    John says it was Fleet White’s idea for them to go to CNN
    Who’s idea was it to end the friendship?

14. AMES

AMES Member

I have wondered about this too. This may have been discussed before...but, notice that he NEVER, ever came forward and made a statement, regarding the finding of his grand-daughter's murderer.

15. heymom

heymom Member

Oh, those two-faced liars! Here they are complaining that the Whites envy them because of their money, and telling LE that they COULD be suspects in JonBenet's murder, and then "Whew, are we relieved that the Whites have been cleared!!!"

Two-faced liars.

And isn't it sickening that they *always* bring up that people are envious of their money??? Who the F cares anyway? Take your money and sit on it for all I care. You frauds, you twisted sick frauds. You and your money can go to Hell. People like the Ramseys make me sick.

16. tylin

tylin Banned

After doing a little reading on my own about the so called altercation, I found this little ditty.

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/020600ramsey.html
    John Ramsey discussing the CNN interview that Fleet encouraged he and Patsy to do.

What utter bs. It was obvious from day one that the Rams had no interest nor inclination in cooperating with LE. Has there ever been a case in which the parents were more NONcooperative with LE than the Rams?

17. Tez

Tez Member

Yep, right in Boulder County. The Midyettes.

18. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

always

makes my blood boil when I think of the two-faced machinations of the Ramseys - I can only imagine how it must hack the Whites off when the Ramseys said they were the ones suggesting the CNN thing. Okay, I will try to cool down again.

19. Kelly

Kelly Member

That has always been a question in my mind also Driver. If my memory is correct, Don Paugh flew standby out of Denver on December 24th. I know I've read several places that he was at the Ramsey Christmas party on the night of the 23rd, the night JonBenet was found to be sitting and crying because she wasn't pretty. I've wondered if the "last" photos of JonBenet were really taken on Christmas morning, or if they had an early Christmas because of all the plans for the busy week, and that roll of film was given to the police as being the Christmas morning pictures.

I've also never been convinced that JonBenet was at the White's Christmas party on Christmas night. I know the Ramsey's TOLD the police that JonBenet was at the White's, but I have not heard from one person, other than the Ramsey's and Susan Stine that they actually saw JonBenet on Christmas Day. I know the Ramsey's talked about how Priscilla White had put some cracked crab away for JonBenet to try. Wasn't JonBenet supposed to be there? Why couldn't she try the cracked crab at the same time as everyone else?

20. heymom

heymom Member

Prisiclla saved some of the crab for the children, not just JonBenet, before the adults ate it all. Why would JonBenet not have been at the party?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice