Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Madeleine McCann

When I was a little girl, we used to play the game "pass it on". Someone would make up a story, tell one person and say "pass it on" and we'd see how far the story would spread.

A week ago, little Madeline McCann was abducted from her hotel room in The Algarve, Portugal whilst her parents ate their evening meal closeby within the hotel complex. They are a very nice family and Madeline's father is a respected cardiologist. He and his wife had been taking it turns to check on their children at half hourly intervals.

Portugese law prevents the police from discussing the investigation - even with the parents of the missing child. Also, such crimes are rare in Portugal and it would appear that the police are under-resourced and under-experienced in dealing with this crime. Experts have been flown in from other countries to help.

It is now felt that she may have been taken out of the country. A Scottish businessman has put up £1 million (almost $2 million) as a reward for information leading to Madeline's return. International footballers David Beckham and Reynaldo (sp) have made TV appeals for her safe return.

A group of volunteers have set up a webpage with the aim of spreading Madeline's photo and the tipline numbers are globally as possible.

www.findmadeline.com

Here is a link to a new story (with other links):-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6645341.stm

Click on the link in my signature for the website dedicated to finding Madeline.

In these cases, we often feel helpless. As parents we cannot begin to imagine the horror of having your child abducted and not knowing whether they are alive or dead or what horrors they may be enduring. It is agnonising for us to watch the tv appeals of parents who are suffering our worst nightmare.

However, there IS something that everyone can do - we can "pass it on" - i.e. spread the word. If everyone could post the link to the www.findmadeline.com website just once to ANY other forum with the request for others to do the same, word will spread quickly.

Internet communities CAN help!
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

I read this on one of the crime blogs Jayelles and saw some coverage on Fox last night. I'll pass this along where ever I can.

Little

Ok, Jayelles. I've been watching that story on the news. I feel so sorry for those parents. How awful.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

One thing I forgot to say was - it will help even more if people "pass it on" in places where it is not already being discussed so gardening forums...pet forums... cookery forums...that would really be spreading the word.

Also - if anyone speaks a foreign language - the helpline folk are keen to spread the word in every language possible!
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

It's her 4th Birthday today....

I've emailed every English speaking Spanish forum I can find on the net, because the police fear the darling beings who snatched her might be headed there.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007210600,00.html

THE hunt for abducted tot Madeleine McCann took on a grim new urgency last night as it emerged Portugal is a haven for paedophiles to prey on youngsters.

Portuguese police are now desperately trying to track down potential suspects from a blacklist provided by UK cops.

Their chief fear is that Maddie, three, was stolen to order by an international gang of perverts.

Unlike here, Portugal has NO sex offenders register — and its relaxed policing has made it a magnet for sun-seeking paedophiles from Britain and the rest of Europe.
    Under tough British laws, anyone on our register of 30,000 sex criminals must inform cops if they plan to travel abroad.

That information has been used to compile names of at least 130 paedophiles known to be on Portugal’s Algarve coast, where Maddie, vanished a week ago.
    130! 130!!! Does that not make your head spin and your stomach turn?

When we had the problem of football hooligans in the UK, a task force identified the main idiots and PREVENTED them from travelling outside of the UK. They took their PASSPORTS AWAY. Ask Jayelles, she'll tell you.

Here we have 130 known perverts telling the police I'm off to pedophile heaven to ruin some young lives and the police say 'make sure you take your suntan lotion with you, we wouldn't want you to burn'.

The Midyettes, Lacy and the perverts make me feel like I have entered a parallel world
    "She wore him like wet underwear"

“Some explanations of a crime are not explanations: they're part of the crime.” Olavo de Cavarlho

Horrific! Just plain horrific!

I will pass this on to as many places as possible

Laws need to be changed all over the world. NO second chances for pedophiles. NO getting OUT of prison. We save the expense of the "registry" process which is worthless unless it gets referred to when looking for ANOTHER crime (:(:(:( backwards). These crimes must be PREVENTED. AFTER the fact is not good enough; as this means someone else has been hurt and we're talking children here.

Second chances are for board games, NOT PEDOPHILIA!

How sad for this family. My heart goes out to them and I pray for her safe return
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Default ??

I thought I read she had siblings? If so, didn't they see anything??

What a little doll.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000 Sparks
    I thought I read she had siblings? If so, didn't they see anything??

What a little doll.
    The twins are just babies.

Amber - you are an angel. I posted this at the doublebb and Ladybug posted a spanish version which was wonderful. If anyone speaks a foreign language - even to just translate a plea to visit the website - and could post it on a foreign language website, it would be terrific.

The family knoe people are doing this and are thank people from the bottom of their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    The twins are just babies.

Amber - you are an angel. I posted this at the doublebb and Ladybug posted a spanish version which was wonderful. If anyone speaks a foreign language - even to just translate a plea to visit the website - and could post it on a foreign language website, it would be terrific.

The family knoe people are doing this and are thank people from the bottom of their hearts.
    Jayelles..I finally made it here. Thanks for your help!

I read the article about Madeleine...and what really got me was the fact that her parents were taking turns checking one her and her siblings..every 30 minutes. I guess that it just goes to show that your kids can disappear in a blink of an eye. I feel really sorry for her parents...no parent should ever have to go through what they are going through right now. Do you know if they have any leads??

This case makes me sick. I'm sick just thinking about a precious, innocent child being taken from the comfort of peaceful and restful sleep. The thoughts of her crying for her mom, dad and siblings makes me ill.

I don't however think the parents should have left the children alone...not even for a few minutes. Workers at the hotel/resort said the parents did this nightly. Children simply cannot be left alone....ever.

I visit several different forums daily and so far everyone has a link to Madeline's disappearance.

Quote Originally Posted by tylin
    This case makes me sick. I'm sick just thinking about a precious, innocent child being taken from the comfort of peaceful and restful sleep. The thoughts of her crying for her mom, dad and siblings makes me ill.

I don't however think the parents should have left the children alone...not even for a few minutes. Workers at the hotel/resort said the parents did this nightly. Children simply cannot be left alone....ever.

I visit several different forums daily and so far everyone has a link to Madeline's disappearance.
    I agree, they should have never left them by themselves. The oldest...Madeleine was only three. I am not sure how old the twins were...but, I have read where they were younger. I am sure that the parents thought that they were safe and sound in their hotel room. But, all anyone would have had to do was knock on the door...and most three year olds would have went straight to the door and opened it for whoever was on the other side. This case makes me cringe...poor little girl. I am sure though, that the parents are blaming themselves...I know that I would be.

hi Ames! Welcome to FFJ.
    You and I are thinking alike about this case. I would be so overwrought with guilt and self anger that I wouldn't be able to function. And can you imagine all the things going through your head? I think I'd literally loose my mind.