Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tylin
    hi Ames! Welcome to FFJ.
    You and I are thinking alike about this case. I would be so overwrought with guilt and self anger that I wouldn't be able to function. And can you imagine all the things going through your head? I think I'd literally loose my mind.
    Hi tylin...
    Thanks for the welcome. I have actually been trying to join since last year...I am a regular over at websleuths....but, the registration was disabled. I finally got in though....it was like trying to join a Country Club. LOL

I would lose my mind too....you know that they have to be beating themselves up over having left their kids alone, in the first place. I just hope that they find their little girl...and QUICK.

Nah, no country club pinkie-in-the-air manners around here! We prefer lying in the guttah with our crack pipes next to us, and Oreos scattered around from our last binge...

Glad you joined. I'm relatively new but as you can see by my current post count, I'm a blabbermouth.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Nah, no country club pinkie-in-the-air manners around here! We prefer lying in the guttah with our crack pipes next to us, and Oreos scattered around from our last binge...

Glad you joined. I'm relatively new but as you can see by my current post count, I'm a blabbermouth.
    LOL...yeah, I had to settle on just being a lurker for awhile, and was on here alot reading the posts. I DID notice the Oreos....MY favorite cookie in the whole world, there were lots of them. Does anyone around here have any milk? I like to dip mine.

I'm sure they will willingly spend a year in jail or have 50 lashes after their daughter is returned safe and sound.

All that led to Madeleine going missing can be sorted out after she is found. The most important thing right now is getting her found alive and well, I think
    "She wore him like wet underwear"

“Some explanations of a crime are not explanations: they're part of the crime.” Olavo de Cavarlho

Quote Originally Posted by AMES
    Jayelles..I finally made it here. Thanks for your help!

I read the article about Madeleine...and what really got me was the fact that her parents were taking turns checking one her and her siblings..every 30 minutes. I guess that it just goes to show that your kids can disappear in a blink of an eye. I feel really sorry for her parents...no parent should ever have to go through what they are going through right now. Do you know if they have any leads??
    Package holidays are extremely popular in Europe with some people taking up to 3 a year. The holiday company arrange everything - all you do is turn up at the airport on time and you will be "organised" for the duration by holiday reps. The holiday companies book out hotels for the whole season and often take over things like entertainment and childcare. Babysitting and child listening services often come as an "extra". We've used a child listening service before. You put the children to bed and go to a show or for a meal (within the hotel complex) and staff patrol the hotel listening for babies crying. If your child cries, you'll be alerted immediately (you tell the baby listeners where you will be). I think some hotels issue pagers to the parents. If you look at the map of the hotel complex, the restaurant was just on the other side of the swimming pool from their apartment. It's not a big area - they could see the apartment from the restaurant. You could be further away in some big houses or if you were having a barbeque in your own garden whilst the kids were asleep in the house.

For a lot of parents, this is a case of "There but for the Grace of God go I".

There was some criticism of the parents a few days ago, but it was quickly slapped down as being innappropriate and unhelpful at the time.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    I'm sure they will willingly spend a year in jail or have 50 lashes after their daughter is returned safe and sound.

All that led to Madeleine going missing can be sorted out after she is found. The most important thing right now is getting her found alive and well, I think
    Indeed.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

I read a post elsewhere that suggested the popular press have been critical of the parents. I'd just like to say that is totally false. The press here have wonderful and thanks to their endeavours to support this tragic family, the reward now stands at £2.5 million (about $5 million).

I'd like to share a story of my own. We lost our older daughter on holiday when she was about 4 years old. We'd been on the beach and were packing up to return to our hotel. My daughter had been eating some crisps and we told her to put the wrapper in a nearby bin. Meanwhile we concentrated on packing up our things. Within minutes, I realised our daughter was nowhere to be seen and quickly became frantic. We spent ages scouring the busy beach and nearby shops shouting on her to no avail. Eventually, we returned to our hotel to report her missing.

I remember very specifically that the hotel owner was calm and reassuring. He told us that there was a locally organised lost kids line which he called to report her missing. He then added "Don't worry, she will be OK. This is Italy, not America. We do not harm children here". (crimes against children are very rare in some countries). He then poured me a double brandy and insisted that I drink it.

It seemed like an eternity, but in reality it was little over an hour before the lost kid line called to say that our daughter was safe and being well looked after in a nursing home a mile or so away. An employee of the nursing home who was on her way to work had found our daughter wandering along the beach - obviously lost and had taken her to work where she called the police. The hotel owner then drove my husband to the nursing home to collect our daughter and they found her sitting amidst a load of eldery people eating ice-cream and playing cards. When they brought her back, the hotel owner put my husband and I into one of their own rooms to have a little private time with our children. They were so considerate.

However, it's important to point out that crimes against children ARE very rare in these mediterranean countries - in fact, crime is very rare in countries like Portugal and Cyprus which is why they are so popular as holiday destinations. One of the problems in the Missing Madeline case is that because crime is so rare, the police force are underresourced and underexperienced in dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Package holidays are extremely popular in Europe with some people taking up to 3 a year. The holiday company arrange everything - all you do is turn up at the airport on time and you will be "organised" for the duration by holiday reps. The holiday companies book out hotels for the whole season and often take over things like entertainment and childcare. Babysitting and child listening services often come as an "extra". We've used a child listening service before. You put the children to bed and go to a show or for a meal (within the hotel complex) and staff patrol the hotel listening for babies crying. If your child cries, you'll be alerted immediately (you tell the baby listeners where you will be). I think some hotels issue pagers to the parents. If you look at the map of the hotel complex, the restaurant was just on the other side of the swimming pool from their apartment. It's not a big area - they could see the apartment from the restaurant. You could be further away in some big houses or if you were having a barbeque in your own garden whilst the kids were asleep in the house.

For a lot of parents, this is a case of "There but for the Grace of God go I".

There was some criticism of the parents a few days ago, but it was quickly slapped down as being innappropriate and unhelpful at the time.
    That is true....how it happened is not the point...getting her back safe and sound should be the main concern. I didn't realize that the restuarant was so close to the hotel room. Just goes to show that you cannot believe everything that you read....I read somewhere where it was over 200 yards away....(the length of two footballs fields...and if that was the case, there would have been no way that they could have seen their apartment or hotel room). I just wonder how these kidnappers knew the kids were alone in the room....unless they saw them come in with the parents...and then spotted the parents at the resturaurant without them. Whatever the case may be, its a very sad situation. I just hope that she is found...safe and sound AND QUICK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I read a post elsewhere that suggested the popular press have been critical of the parents. I'd just like to say that is totally false. The press here have wonderful and thanks to their endeavours to support this tragic family, the reward now stands at £2.5 million (about $5 million).

I'd like to share a story of my own. We lost our older daughter on holiday when she was about 4 years old. We'd been on the beach and were packing up to return to our hotel. My daughter had been eating some crisps and we told her to put the wrapper in a nearby bin. Meanwhile we concentrated on packing up our things. Within minutes, I realised our daughter was nowhere to be seen and quickly became frantic. We spent ages scouring the busy beach and nearby shops shouting on her to no avail. Eventually, we returned to our hotel to report her missing.

I remember very specifically that the hotel owner was calm and reassuring. He told us that there was a locally organised lost kids line which he called to report her missing. He then added "Don't worry, she will be OK. This is Italy, not America. We do not harm children here". (crimes against children are very rare in some countries). He then poured me a double brandy and insisted that I drink it.

It seemed like an eternity, but in reality it was little over an hour before the lost kid line called to say that our daughter was safe and being well looked after in a nursing home a mile or so away. An employee of the nursing home who was on her way to work had found our daughter wandering along the beach - obviously lost and had taken her to work where she called the police. The hotel owner then drove my husband to the nursing home to collect our daughter and they found her sitting amidst a load of eldery people eating ice-cream and playing cards. When they brought her back, the hotel owner put my husband and I into one of their own rooms to have a little private time with our children. They were so considerate.

However, it's important to point out that crimes against children ARE very rare in these mediterranean countries - in fact, crime is very rare in countries like Portugal and Cyprus which is why they are so popular as holiday destinations. One of the problems in the Missing Madeline case is that because crime is so rare, the police force are underresourced and underexperienced in dealing with it.
    Yes, if fact, Madeleine is the only child that I have ever heard of, outside of the US. It could be possible that the people that took her were vacationing...and were actually from the US.

Jay,

This comes up when I click on Find Madeleine McCann. I sincerely hope she will be found.

Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Jay,

This comes up when I click on Find Madeleine McCann. I sincerely hope she will be found.

Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted
    I got that same message, when I tried it.

This one works though...

http://www.findmadeline.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Jay,

Invalid Friend ID.
    Thanks guys. I have updated the link. Things are moving very quickly on the homefront and so many people have pledged money towards a search campaign that the family have hired a couple of lawyers to set this up. The family remain optimistic and are taking huge comfort from the overwhelming support which they have received worldwide.

Here is another little titbit of information. Madeline has a distinctive feature, One of her pupils runs into her iris. I made a picture of this:-