Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859

WITHOUT the KIDNAPPER, no one would be here.

I do NOT blame the victim for WHAT THE KIDNAPPER DID.

Madeline would be fine today, if the McCanns hadn't gone to that hotel, or taken that vacation, or drank wine, or whatever....

But the BLAME for what has befallen Madeline belongs to THE PERSON WHO TOOK HER. That's MY opinion.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool

I'm not blaming anybody......just questioning their judgment since they are persons of interest. I, for one, still need a whole lot more information before I take anyone of my list of suspects since I have no clue what happened while these babies were supposed to be alone!
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

In a perfect world none of this would be a worry to parents. Unfortunately, well, you know the answer to that scenario.

I do not believe that Madeleine's parents thought that anything was going to happen that night that hadn't happened the other 5? 6? nights they had the same routine. I do think I read where one couple had a baby monitor with them and did wonder why all of these parents didn't have one with them too. It couldn't be due to financial problems, they were all very successful people. This is a relatively simple way to hear what's going on in a room you are not near.

Be that as it may, it's irrelevant now. They did leave their children unattended for approximately 1/2 hour intervals. Madeleine is missing. The mother in me is thinking about all the things that can happen when children are left to their own devices. I know that they thought they were sound asleep and that they were not in any jeopardy. The point is, they were in jeopardy because some sleazy person took the opportunity to take Madeleine from her room, probably knowing that they had x amount of time before the next adult checked in on her. They possibly knew this because they had observed the pattern of the adults the past few days. That's what predators do - they watch and wait.

There is only one person guilty of the kidnapping of Madeleine - the person who took her from her bed. That doesn't mean her parents are terrible people. It just means that a predator took the opportunity it was provided. If it was focused in on Madeleine then it would have continued to watch and wait for some other opportunity whether it was that night or at another time.

It's not right, but tragically this is was what happened. I don't believe for one second that it ever entered their mind that anything like this could happen, but again, that's irrelevant now. It did happen. I'm sure they will all play this over and over and over again in their minds and wish they had the opportunity to do things differently.

I so hope they have a second chance. I can't even begin to imagine the anguish they are feeling. I hope I never do know.

Little
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Default Mobile Phones Could Be Vital Madeleine McCann Investigation

Mobile Phones Could Be Vital Madeleine McCann Investigation
    December 3rd, 2007 by Daz
    Portuguese detectives that are on the Madeleine McCann case are discussing three key areas with British forensic experts.
    It is said that a Mobile phone from Praia da Luz has had a big turn in the investigation, which has led to interviewing or re-interviewing witnesses.

It is also said that Gerry and Kate McCann are still key suspects in the investigation due to Madeleine’s DNA being all over them both and items they have had no contact with.
    read entire article here - Source: http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/...investigation/
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Default Could Mobile Phones Hold Vital Clue?

Could Mobile Phones Hold Vital Clue?
    By Mark Williams-Thomas
    Child protection expert Updated:12:46, Monday December 03, 2007

Portuguese detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann discussed three key areas when they visited police and forensic experts in Britain.
    First on the agenda was the DNA they submitted to the Forensic Science Service (FSS) in Birmingham.

Mobile phone data recovered from the resort of Praia da Luz and establishing the process for interviewing or re-interviewing witnesses were also talked about.
    read entire article here - Source: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...295417,00.html

Default Madeleine McCann case 'mission impossible'

Madeleine McCann case 'mission impossible'
    By Fiona Govan in Praia da Luz

Last Updated: 1:40pm GMT 03/12/2007

Forensic experts attempting to solve the Madeleine McCann case with fresh tests on evidence gathered by investigators are facing a "mission impossible", it has been claimed.

Portuguese detectives have reportedly been told that evidence gathered from the McCanns' holiday apartment and their hire car may never help unravel the mystery of Madeleine's disappearance seven months ago.

Although initial results are said to have proved inconclusive the Forensic Science Service (FSS) in Birmingham has been asked by Portuguese authorities to continue their investigations.
    read entire article here - Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wmaddy103.xml

Default British Diplomat in Portugal Has Doubts About McCanns

MADELEINE: BRITISH DIPLOMAT IN PORTUGAL HAD DOUBTS ABOUT MCCANNS
    Monday December 3,2007
    By Nick Fagge Have your say(288)

A BRITISH diplomat warned the Foreign Office of concerns regarding Madeleine McCann’s parents, it emerged last night.

Doubts about Kate and Gerry McCann were raised almost immediately by an official sent to Praia da Luz due to what he considered to be “inconsistencies” in the couple’s testimonies about the night the four-year-old vanished.

The warning was contained in a classified document sent from the Algarve to the Foreign Office days after Madeleine’s disappearance.

Details of the letter have been leaked through the British diplomatic mission in Brussels to the respected Belgian newspaper Derniere Heure.

The unnamed diplomat voices his concern about the “confused declarations” as to the whereabouts of Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends in the final hours before Madeleine’s disappearance.
    He also mentions the couple’s “lack of co-operation” with the Portuguese police in the light of instructions from London suggesting consular staff “overstretch their authority and put pressure on the Portuguese authorities”.
    Read entire article here - Source: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-about-McCanns

Watching You wrote: Leave children alone in their beds while the parents go out to eat? Unheard of in my world.
    Unheard of in mine too WY.

Thank you for the updates Little.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default Madeleine: Police to call McCanns back

Madeleine: Police to call McCanns back
    Wednesday December 5, 2007
    By David Pilditch in Praia da Luz
    POLICE want Kate and Gerry McCann to return to Portugal before Christmas for fresh interrogations over the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.

The couple could be forced into a confrontation with witnesses or be made to appear in an identity parade.

Their holiday friends are also expected to be asked to fly out for the meeting.

The development comes as the group prepares for new interviews in Britain.

snip

“They will do anything necessary if it helps them move on and be eliminated as suspects.”

A source close to the McCanns said: “If and when Kate and Gerry’s friends are interviewed, nothing will change. Nothing will be said to incriminate them in any way.

“They will not need to be called to Portugal because any outstanding discrepancies will be ironed out. Nothing suspicious will be said and no one is going to change their story.”
    Read entire article here - Source:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...l-McCanns-back

Default Hunt for a copy-cat snatcher

Hunt for a copy-cat snatcher
    By NEIL SYSON and
    VERONICA LORRAINE
    in Praia da Luz

Published: Today

THE parents of a Madeleine McCann lookalike who was the victim of a kidnap bid are to be quizzed by private detectives.

Blue-eyed blonde Carolina Santos, three, was snatched by a Moroccan-looking man four months before Maddie vanished.

The incident happened just 30 minutes’ drive from the McCanns’ holiday flat in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Carolina’s parents Abel and Lina offered to help cops two weeks after Maddie, four, disappeared but were never questioned.

Now they will meet private detectives from Spanish agency Metodo 3, hired by Gerry and Kate McCann, both 39.

Abel, 40, said yesterday: “We want to see Maddie found as much as anyone. She and Carolina are doubles.”

He and Lina, 29, were working in their cafe at Fonte Louzeiros when Carolina vanished last Christmas Day.

They spotted her with the stranger 300 yards away. When they caught up he fled.

Lina said: “If we hadn’t come out at that moment I don’t know what would have happened.”

It is feared Maddie may have been snatched to order and taken to Morocco. Metodo 3 said: “This could be relevant.”

n.syson@the-sun.co.uk
    Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle544737.ece

Thanks for the updates, Little. This proves that children are being snatched at the first opportunity in that area. I wonder how many more we haven't heard about (?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**