Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amber
    Wow!

I've not been here lately as I've been tied up on a recently formed forum Maddie set up by posters from a crime forum.

I have watched the forum grow and develop much like many of you must have done with JBR forums, and it's been fascinating.

Popping in here today and reading your posts I am totally shocked at the pure venom aimed at these parents, from people I consider warm, caring and 'the salt of the earth'. Personally I am not interested in the parents one bit, only Madeleine, but she seems not to be important here - attacking the parents seems to be the most pressing matter...even after four weeks!

I'm really disappointed.
    With all due respect, I must disagree. I don't think for one minute the parents are involved with her disappearace nor foul play

However, I don't think honest criticism of the choice they made equates to venom or bashing. Had Maddie somehow awoken and somehow wandered off, or did something totally on her own, causing a tragedy (fire, etc), the conversation here would be much much different. Either way, however this tragedy came to pass, those children should not have been left alone.

The circumstances of the tragedy are different of course, but the principle remains the same. I don't think criticism of the parents' actions equates to "attacking" them. I don't think anyone here wishes the parents any more heartache and everyone understands how terrible and heartbreaking it is for them, but the fact remains that their decision was a poor one.

I don't think that's bashing, I think it is just observation and a fair analysis

We all pray for her safe return, but still think the parents made a bad choice.

Again, had Maddie wandered off on her own and gotten into an accident, I do believe the parents would have been bashed all around the world for leaving them alone. Because Maddie was taken by someone ELSE doesn't change the principle

My heart aches for these parents, but I stand by my critique nonetheless.
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6715943.stm
    Sunday, 3 June 2007, 15:14 GMT 16:14 UK

Madeleine parents need 'one call'

Mr and Mrs McCann attended an emotional church service
    The parents of missing Madeleine McCann have said it could take "just one phone call" for the four-year-old to be found and returned to them.

In a statement to mark a calendar month since Madeleine disappeared in Portugal, Gerry and Kate McCann said they believed she was still alive.

Madeleine parents need 'one call'
    (Hummm That sounds familiar.)

The information about the restaurant being 2 football fields away from the apartment was a direct quote from both tv news and print media. I will find a source and post it.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
    The villa is about 109 yards (100 meters) from the Ocean Club holiday village where Madeleine McCann was apparently taken from her hotel room May 2.
    Last edited by tylin; June 3, 2007, 1:12 pm at Sun Jun 3 13:12:28 UTC 2007.

Just a reminder - football in the US is not "football" in the rest of the world. 2 completely different-sized fields. Is it an issue of pointy-ended football field v. soccer pitch?
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Not to nitpick or anything, but the distance is a moot point; does it really matter?

If children of that age are out of earshot or eyeshot it is too far IMO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5

snippet from the above article:
    The newspaper Correio da Manha says that the McCanns had left their children alone before during their holiday in the Algarve - a routine that, while normal at Praia da Luz, may have made it easy for her kidnapper to plan the abduction.

"Police have reconstructed the holiday routines of the McCanns and have come to the conclusion that the children were left alone on other occasions," the newspaper says.

It reported that throughout the week the McCanns and their friends made a habit of suppers by the pool while the children - Madeleine, her twin siblings, and three other children - slept alone in the apartments. The night she was abducted, Madeleine's parents had been checking on her roughly every half hour.

Statements to police from employees at the resort said that neither the McCanns nor other parents had demonstrated any worry about leaving the children alone. Employees also said this was normal behaviour at Praia da Luz.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle1762734.ece

snip
    From The Times
    May 9, 2007
    Would you leave your child alone?
    Madeleine McCann’s parents checked on her every half-hour while she slept in her room at an Algarve resort – yet still she was abducted. What is the law in relation to leaving children alone? Professor Carolyn Hamilton offers her legal opinion and two Times writers give their own experiences as mothers
    Professor Carolyn Hamilton

Scenario 1: You have three children under 5. You go shopping at the supermarket for 20 minutes, leaving them asleep in their car seats with the doors unlocked to avoid their movements triggering the car alarm.

This scenario is not advisable. It is an offence under section 1 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933 to neglect or abandon a child under the age of 16 for whom a parent or carer has responsibility, but the law gives no detail of what amounts to neglect or abandonment. Prosecution and/or conviction depend largely on the circumstances. The punishment can range from a fine to ten years’ imprisonment.
    Last edited by tylin; June 3, 2007, 1:19 pm at Sun Jun 3 13:19:57 UTC 2007.

Thanks for saying that heymom.
    Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Just a reminder - football in the US is not "football" in the rest of the world. 2 completely different-sized fields. Is it an issue of pointy-ended football field v. soccer pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Not to nitpick or anything, but the distance is a moot point; does it really matter?

If children of that age are out of earshot or eyeshot it is too far IMO
    Yep, that's how I view it too.
    2 year old twins and their 3 yr old sister are simply too young to be left unattended....doesn't matter what country they're in, imo.
    Last edited by tylin; June 3, 2007, 1:47 pm at Sun Jun 3 13:47:04 UTC 2007. Reason: clarity and spelling

The below picture can be found at this link. (Crimeshots has an excellent collection of articles about this case.)
    http://crimeshots.com/forums/showthr...?t=6188&page=4

Tylin,

I've never seen a faceless sketch like this one shown in the Daily Mail, before, but still, it does seem an unusual shaped head, doesn't it? Someone just might recognize the odd shaped face and the hair style. It's better than having nothing to work on.

Thanks for the information. Sincerely hope this little girl will be returned to her family.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Thank you for the map. Interesting

I want to clarify once again:

I do not think the parents are involved in any way with Maddie's disappearance. What has caused my annoyance is the annoyance with honest and FAIR IMO, criticism of the parents for leaving them alone. My heart aches for them and I can't imagine the pain and the guilt.

What irks me is that had they left the kids alone while having dinner and a fire had broken out, killing one of the children, I do not believe ANYONE would have given them a pass, let alone garner the kind of defensiveness that has been shown. And the immediate comparison to what is done in America re: child abductions, etc. upset me as well

Last time I checked, the John Mark Karr's of the world LEFT AMERICA to go to other countries for their child fantasies.

Maybe I'm just in a mood today but it bothered me

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Tylin,

I've never seen a faceless sketch like this one shown in the Daily Mail, before, but still, it does seem an unusual shaped head, doesn't it? Someone just might recognize the odd shaped face and the hair style. It's better than having nothing to work on.

Thanks for the information. Sincerely hope this little girl will be returned to her family.
    Elle_1,
    At first I thought the sketch was a joke. That sketch was shown to people in the town. How could they even identify a suspect if the eye, nose and lip shapes were missing? Then again, as you pointed out, the head is oddly shaped.
    I too hope she is found. I pray for her everyday, but the longer she's missing the less hopeful I become. Statistics prove she'll most likely never be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Thank you for the map. Interesting

I want to clarify once again:

I do not think the parents are involved in any way with Maddie's disappearance. What has caused my annoyance is the annoyance with honest and FAIR IMO, criticism of the parents for leaving them alone. My heart aches for them and I can't imagine the pain and the guilt.

What irks me is that had they left the kids alone while having dinner and a fire had broken out, killing one of the children, I do not believe ANYONE would have given them a pass, let alone garner the kind of defensiveness that has been shown. And the immediate comparison to what is done in America re: child abductions, etc. upset me as well

Last time I checked, the John Mark Karr's of the world LEFT AMERICA to go to other countries for their child fantasies.

Maybe I'm just in a mood today but it bothered me
    Barbara,
    Another post that is spot on. Believe me the defensiveness found here is on other forums too. This case is releasing lots of emotions.

Just an fyi-I've never said I don't feel for the parents because I do. They're suffering, it's apparent by the looks on their faces.