New Book- "And Justice For Some" by Wendy Murphy

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sabrina, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

"An Expose of the lawyers and judges who let dangerous criminals go free".......

Has several references to JBR, including the Ramseys' fake polygraphs, and of course Lin Wood. She calls him a **** and tells it like it is, and explains how he manipulates the media.

The cover has this quote from Dominick Dunn, " Wendy Murphy's fearless reporting on the JBR case always made me sit up and listen. She wasn't afraid to say the things alot of us thought but didn't say because of the threat of litigation."

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

GOOD FOR HER!

I'd love to see her go up against Wood if he dared. She has the spunk to fight it and I am sure this was a consideration before she published the book

Maybe she is "challenging" him; who knows?

I love it

Thanks for the information Sabrina

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, thanks for the heads up, Sabrina. This is one book I'll buy. That Wendy is a force to be reckoned with! GOOOOOOOOOO WENDY!!

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie:

Yes! Way to go, Wendy! I will definitely buy the book and encourage others to as well ... and not just because of the JBR entry. I have great antipathy towards lawyers and judges who are responsible for letting criminals go free. I'm glad someone finally had the cajones to approach the subject and tell the truth. Wendy won't be popular with the lawyer's lobby that runs this country. She will need all of our support.

5. Cherokee

Good news! The book was released last week on September 4th, so it's already available and should be in most larger bookstores. Of course, it's also available at Amazon.com where I found the following editorial review:

A scathing exposé of the judges and lawyers who put criminals’ rights ahead of victims’ rights

"When Wendy Murphy was a young prosecutor, she learned that the deck is stacked in favor of criminal defendants. Between their arrest and (potential) conviction, murderers, rapists, and drug dealers get more than a fair shake—they get an unfair advantage, often at the expense of their victims.

"In many states, for instance, defendants can subpoena a victim’s private medical and counseling files, without any justification. They can threaten victims with brutal cross-examinations if they dare to testify. They can put on "dog and pony show" defenses that have nothing to do with the truth—and even lie under oath with virtually no risk of being prosecuted for perjury.

"These kinds of injustices make Murphy fighting mad. She’s made it her mission to help the victims who get the least protection from our twisted legal system. And in her first book, she guides readers through one horror story after another about judges and lawyers who bend over backward to let the worst offenders go free.

"You’ll meet judges who unapologetically declare that they care more about their liberal ideology than about the pain and suffering of abuse victims. Judges who let child molesters walk free because they’re "too frail" to go to prison. Defense attorneys who take big money from wealthy child molesters, then twist the Bill of Rights beyond recognition. And even a few prosecutors who go easy on criminals for their own selfish reasons.

"Murphy’s true stories will shock you, but they will also inspire you to join the fight for a more rational system. This is an important book that is sure to infuriate America’s legal establishment."

Attached Files:

6. tylin

tylin Banned

I so love Wendy! I'm going to Borders to buy the book this weekend.

Sabrina,
    Thanks for the heads up!

7. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I hope it has lots of pictures of Wendy.

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

No pictures but she makes Lin Wood look like the a-- he is.

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Is this the woman that Lin wood threatened with a lawsuit?

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yes. The one who told him how DARE he threaten her and to bring it on.

11. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I'm so glad to hear that she has this book

out now. I have always enjoyed her straight forward aproach to the justice system. I've alsohad her quote as my ending here on FFJ. She said that during the Scaught Peterson trial. I taped that segment and had to go over it and over it until I got her words correct. And she is so right on with her quote. I'll buy her book too and send her a fan letter when I'm through with it.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I will buy it as well...if several of us do...perhaps we can discuss it chapter by chapter! Where is BobC...he is fantastic at book reviews.

13. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

It's a very good book, I've read about half way through. I don't know how anyone can skim it in a bookstore, only reading the pages pertaining to JBR and say don't buy it and it's garbage, but I guess one must consider the source.

14. Cherokee

And what source would that be? Um, let me guess ... LOL

15. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I ordered mine yesterday. Hopefully it will be here by mid week. Can't wait to read what she has to say.

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I got it! I got it! I got it!

YAHOO!

I hope that punk tries something on her. She'll rip his kiwis off and hand 'em to him on a barbecue skewer!

17. sboyd

sboyd Member

She went on FoxTv the day after he "left" a message threatening her and she told everyone and said to Wood - I am paraphrasing but this is pretty close.

"Lin Wood threatened me last night by leaving a message. In case Mr. Wood doesn't know it, this is America and I will say exactly what I want and then she proceeded to say how she felt there was sexual abuse going on, etc. etc.

Needless to say, Mr. Wood, has sufficiently frightened most people into backing down. Wendy continues to voice her opinion on this case. I realize that Steve Thomas went through all his money and his publisher had to pay. What I think goes on, and I may be wrong, but I think that Lin Wood pushes and pushes and as in Steve Thomas' case (I think) he did not have the funds to continue the case. I can see Lin Wood creating motion after motion and at times getting continuances, etc. all in an effort to exhaust as much of Thomas' money as possible and he succeeded. And out of lack of funds, Thomas relented. I think Lin Wood has successfully fought for Berke and sued and won; however, he is defending a child there and the child has a lot more rights. This case is part of the public domain and should be treated as such. But it appears that many publishers do not want to deal with it.

So my question still stands. What is the difference between Wendy and others - how does she get a backer and Tom Miller does not. Anyone??

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I think the difference is that Wendy Murphy has written a book about the system and it includes many different issues and people. JBR is only a small part of her book.

Tom Miller wrote an entire book just on JBR. That is a big difference and the backing just doesn't seem to be there for JonBenet Ramsey books anymore in addition to the fear of lawsuits.

Murphy made it clear that she was expressing an opinion only and I don't think she can be sued for that.

That's my take anyway

19. sboyd

sboyd Member

Wendy Murphy is very very clear when you see her speak that she believes one of the parents, probably John, was sexually abusing his daughter. I have seen her say it. And frankly I would think that would enrage John. I know Lin Wood did try, but then again Wendy is a prosector so she is not someone he can easily threaten. What is the difference between an entire book and a chapter. A chapter can be even more damaging than a book - we are talking sexual abuse of a six year old - probably by most standards, the worst crime one can commit.

20. Cherokee

The difference is ... Wendy is a lawyer herself. It won't cost her anything to defend herself, and she has associates who will help her. She can play Lin Wood's game on a level field, and he can't bankrupt her with filings and proceedings because she has the knowledge and the expertise to work her own defense.

In addition, as a former prosecutor, Wendy has seen first-hand how defense lawyers manipulate the justice system, and she has a very real disgust for people like Lin Wood who have made that manipulation their life's work. The fact that Lin Wood threatened her just added fuel to her fire.

Lin Wood is a bully, and Wendy Murphy just called his bluff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice