Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It's a very good book, I've read about half way through. I don't know how anyone can skim it in a bookstore, only reading the pages pertaining to JBR and say don't buy it and it's garbage, but I guess one must consider the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina
    It's a very good book, I've read about half way through. I don't know how anyone can skim it in a bookstore, only reading the pages pertaining to JBR and say don't buy it and it's garbage, but I guess one must consider the source.
    And what source would that be? Um, let me guess ... LOL

Arrow

I ordered mine yesterday. Hopefully it will be here by mid week. Can't wait to read what she has to say.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

I got it! I got it! I got it!

YAHOO!

I hope that punk tries something on her. She'll rip his kiwis off and hand 'em to him on a barbecue skewer!
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Is this the woman that Lin wood threatened with a lawsuit?
    She went on FoxTv the day after he "left" a message threatening her and she told everyone and said to Wood - I am paraphrasing but this is pretty close.

"Lin Wood threatened me last night by leaving a message. In case Mr. Wood doesn't know it, this is America and I will say exactly what I want and then she proceeded to say how she felt there was sexual abuse going on, etc. etc.

Needless to say, Mr. Wood, has sufficiently frightened most people into backing down. Wendy continues to voice her opinion on this case. I realize that Steve Thomas went through all his money and his publisher had to pay. What I think goes on, and I may be wrong, but I think that Lin Wood pushes and pushes and as in Steve Thomas' case (I think) he did not have the funds to continue the case. I can see Lin Wood creating motion after motion and at times getting continuances, etc. all in an effort to exhaust as much of Thomas' money as possible and he succeeded. And out of lack of funds, Thomas relented. I think Lin Wood has successfully fought for Berke and sued and won; however, he is defending a child there and the child has a lot more rights. This case is part of the public domain and should be treated as such. But it appears that many publishers do not want to deal with it.

So my question still stands. What is the difference between Wendy and others - how does she get a backer and Tom Miller does not. Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by sboyd
    She went on FoxTv the day after he "left" a message threatening her and she told everyone and said to Wood - I am paraphrasing but this is pretty close.

"Lin Wood threatened me last night by leaving a message. In case Mr. Wood doesn't know it, this is America and I will say exactly what I want and then she proceeded to say how she felt there was sexual abuse going on, etc. etc.

Needless to say, Mr. Wood, has sufficiently frightened most people into backing down. Wendy continues to voice her opinion on this case. I realize that Steve Thomas went through all his money and his publisher had to pay. What I think goes on, and I may be wrong, but I think that Lin Wood pushes and pushes and as in Steve Thomas' case (I think) he did not have the funds to continue the case. I can see Lin Wood creating motion after motion and at times getting continuances, etc. all in an effort to exhaust as much of Thomas' money as possible and he succeeded. And out of lack of funds, Thomas relented. I think Lin Wood has successfully fought for Berke and sued and won; however, he is defending a child there and the child has a lot more rights. This case is part of the public domain and should be treated as such. But it appears that many publishers do not want to deal with it.

So my question still stands. What is the difference between Wendy and others - how does she get a backer and Tom Miller does not. Anyone??

I think the difference is that Wendy Murphy has written a book about the system and it includes many different issues and people. JBR is only a small part of her book.

Tom Miller wrote an entire book just on JBR. That is a big difference and the backing just doesn't seem to be there for JonBenet Ramsey books anymore in addition to the fear of lawsuits.

Murphy made it clear that she was expressing an opinion only and I don't think she can be sued for that.

That's my take anyway
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    I think the difference is that Wendy Murphy has written a book about the system and it includes many different issues and people. JBR is only a small part of her book.

Tom Miller wrote an entire book just on JBR. That is a big difference and the backing just doesn't seem to be there for JonBenet Ramsey books anymore in addition to the fear of lawsuits.

Murphy made it clear that she was expressing an opinion only and I don't think she can be sued for that.

That's my take anyway
    Wendy Murphy is very very clear when you see her speak that she believes one of the parents, probably John, was sexually abusing his daughter. I have seen her say it. And frankly I would think that would enrage John. I know Lin Wood did try, but then again Wendy is a prosector so she is not someone he can easily threaten. What is the difference between an entire book and a chapter. A chapter can be even more damaging than a book - we are talking sexual abuse of a six year old - probably by most standards, the worst crime one can commit.

The difference is ... Wendy is a lawyer herself. It won't cost her anything to defend herself, and she has associates who will help her. She can play Lin Wood's game on a level field, and he can't bankrupt her with filings and proceedings because she has the knowledge and the expertise to work her own defense.

In addition, as a former prosecutor, Wendy has seen first-hand how defense lawyers manipulate the justice system, and she has a very real disgust for people like Lin Wood who have made that manipulation their life's work. The fact that Lin Wood threatened her just added fuel to her fire.

Lin Wood is a bully, and Wendy Murphy just called his bluff.

Doesn't Wendy Murphy have something like 7 kids? She's amazing. I'm going to get the book too.

Quote Originally Posted by sboyd
    Wendy Murphy is very very clear when you see her speak that she believes one of the parents, probably John, was sexually abusing his daughter. I have seen her say it.
    Too bad, she doesn't understand the case. But she understands the miscarriage of justice in Boulder. Same as P of J.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    Too bad, she doesn't understand the case. But she understands the miscarriage of justice in Boulder. Same as P of J.
    You don't think Wendy understands the case? Why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by tylin
    You don't think Wendy understands the case? Why do you think that?
    There is no evidence that John abused JonBenet. There is a lot of evidence, anecdotal and factual, that Patsy abused JonBenet. Yet people have the opinion that a male sexually abused JonBenet based on the indication of vaginal damage. It is too simple a conclusion to reach: vaginal abuse of a female must have been done by a male for sexual reasons.

A cursory knowledge of the case would point to the mother as the main perp on several levels. And the jump from vaginal abuse to a sex motive is not always warranted.