Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    I would rule out the fictional character Sandy Stranger. That's stretching it too far imo.

I do think Patsy dissociated herself from things though. She dissociated herself from her rage attack on Jonbenet on that fatal night.
    The FBI CASKU experts hid it dead center when pointing out the double purpose of the ransom note: that it not only served to misdirect LE and focus attention elsewhere, but also was a cathartic act allowing the offender to "undo" the crime in his/her own mind.
    I believe the bizarre 'garrote' scene staged in the wine cellar served this two-fold purpose too: misdirecting LE and enabling Patsy to disconnect herself from the true cause of JonBenet's death: the head injury she had inflicted on her daughter.
    Completely agree. By the end of the night, Patsy probably could nearly believe the whole staged event she and John had created. Nearly. But not enough to pass a polygraph.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Hey, y'all won't believe this, if you haven't seen it already.

I bought an old copy of The Prime of Miss Jean Brody. It's the original book, not the play or screenplay. I haven't read it yet, but was skimming through it last night, and found something astonishing.

At one point in the story, one of Miss Brodie's "set" is doing a writing assignment in class and says, "I can't remember how to spell 'possession.' Are there two s's or...?"

I almost fell out when I read that.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

That's one of the major similarities between the crime and the book/play/movie kk, in a long line of similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    ... If Patsy was the molester, then she had been molested herself. I am 100% certain of that. One would NEVEr consider such an act unless one's own body had been violated first.
    Agree 100%. That definitely isn't something someone just pulls out of the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I don't totally agree heymom. Patsy "violated" JonBenet on several levels.....
    Paradox,
    Am I wrong in understanding that no one knows for certain if Patsy violated JB on several levels or not? I've always read/heard that there is NO documented proof.
    Proof of some type of sexual abuse yes. Proof of who did it? No.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase

At one point in the story, one of Miss Brodie's "set" is doing a writing assignment in class and says, "I can't remember how to spell 'possession.' Are there two s's or...?"

I almost fell out when I read that.

no way?@?@?@

Quote Originally Posted by tylin
    Paradox,
    Am I wrong in understanding that no one knows for certain if Patsy violated JB on several levels or not? I've always read/heard that there is NO documented proof.
    Violated in terms of using her.

Quote Originally Posted by tylin
    Paradox,

I was saying that Patsy violated JonBenet's boundaries on several levels. Not that there has been any proof that Patsy physically abused JonBenet, but there seems to be ample documentation that Patsy DID violate JonBenet's emotional and ego boundaries.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

heymom:

I believe that IF Patsy had been the one who sexually violated JonBenet, she would have to have been sexually violated herself in some way, either by her father or her mother, most likely her mother. Otherwise it is repugnant to think of hurting your child in that way.
    Bolding mine.

Ron Walker, former FBI agent on the case, said that parents could commit the worse acts on their children. He had seen them.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Bolding mine.

Ron Walker, former FBI agent on the case, said that parents could commit the worse acts on their children. He had seen them.
    Yes, but I would argue that the parents who commit the worst acts, have been "done unto" in the same way they are now hurting their children. I'm not saying otherwise "normal" parents can't snap and do their children harm, but acts like putting an instrument up inside a 5-year-old child come from abuse in the parent's childhood, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Yes, but I would argue that the parents who commit the worst acts, have been "done unto" in the same way they are now hurting their children. I'm not saying otherwise "normal" parents can't snap and do their children harm, but acts like putting an instrument up inside a 5-year-old child come from abuse in the parent's childhood, mostly.
    Hi HeyMom,

You know what I think. I think she was exhausted plain and simple and lost it when she found that JonBenet had soaked herself and her clothes. JB may have given her an argument and Patsy just went ballistic and she was exhausted. She had been up since 6 that morning - that is something like 16 hours and had to get up again in 5 to go someplace that she did not really want to go, or maybe she did at that point, but either way, the woman was exhausted, she had had a couple of glasses of wine a little before. I know that is not much, but it is much when someone does not drink, has had radical cancer treatments and was on the mend and the fact that she had been up 16 hours is a LONG LONG TIME.

I do it every day, but I do not have STAGE IV cancer and in remission. I think the woman was exhausted and was use to yelling at JB, as has been said by Linda Hoffman-Paugh (sp?).

I mean I never yelled at my son like that. Maybe there are people who do, but I just don't llike it at all. Does not make her a murderer but it DOES tell me she is use to yelling at JB and is not afraid to do it. If I yelled at my son on a daily basis, I would be disgusted with myself. It is just the wrong thing to do to anyone.

And John had to know this also, because he says Patsy never got mad at anyone and we are all supposed to believe that. It is ridiculous.

Patsy has said that she had been through horrendous cancer treatments and valued her children. HOWEVER, she did see fit to yell at JB in the bathroom. I think that is just awful to do on a daily basis, so in my opinion, she is plenty capable of losing her temper radically.

Losing temper radically doesn't account for feeding JB pineapple with milk/cream in a bowl with a spoon and possibly tea, all of which happened before the death and all of which can be found in a book Patsy was known to have used. The same book that has words and phrases found in the ransom note. If the death of JonBenet started with rage at bedwetting, why so many items that point to planning? You can't have both; spontaneity and planning. It's one or the other.

Comments Wendy?