New Book - "120 Clues That Show Who Killed JonBenet" by Sam McDonough

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Elle, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Talking about books, I was ordering a mystery book from Amazon and came across another JonBenét book. Has anyone heard of:
    120 Clues That Show Who Killed JonBenét - written and compiled by Sam Dennis McDonough -Clue Master SDM. A retired Air Force Major. I just received it. Took six weeks. Cost me $22.11 Canadian $ including shipping.
    Number of pages - 68. It's only 1/8" thick $14.96 Must have taken him about a week to write it.

I have zipped my way through part of it, skimmed and scanned through some of it, because it's so easy to read. He believes Patsy Ramsey did it in a rage. He just concentrated on the facts. Copyright Page has Cherokee's Linguistic Analysis mentioned.

I find it interesting, but it must have taken him less than a week to compile these clues. They are all clues we know and have read about through all our research. He has obviously weeded his way through the whole shebang. He makes it all look so simple. I hate him, after all we've been through, but I'm pleased he states it was Patsy Ramsey who killed JonBenét accidentally in a rage. I agree with him here.

He feels Burk knows something. Don't we all think this?

All the information was available on the net for McDonough.

It's the first JonBenét book one could read in a day. Maybe a few hours (?).:)

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Wow, that's interesting, Elle. Thanks for alerting us. But his conclusion is what any reasonable person would conclude, with the evidence, though maybe a variation in what led to it is debateable.

Cherokee, did you know this book used your analysis? Give permission? Or am I just reading this wrong, and he only referenced your work?

3. Elle

Elle Member

It's on the second page KK. He also mentions Steve Thomas, plus on the same page, he grants copyright permission to everyone as long as credit or blame is given to him. In other words his 68 page book could be scanned quickly by one of those scanners used in a business.

This has to be the smallest JonBenét book ever written. There is nothing new in this book. We have all read everything that's in it, I'm sure.

On the copyright page (2)

NOTE: As author and compiler, I am fully responsible for the contents of this book. The 120 + clues are based on facts taken from evidence obtained from public information. I state right now, firmly and with no attempt to deceive, that the conclusion reached is my opinion and my opinion only. Feel free to disagree.

Sam D. McDonough, Cluemaster SDM

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

No, I did not know about the book, nor did I give permission for my analysis to be used. Perhaps Mr. McDonough only referenced my work in a list of sources like a bibliography.

Elle, did the author quote my work, publish a graphic I made, or what exactly did he reference? Could you scan the page you're talking about?

It's interesting that this topic should come up today because I was just warned privately that I needed to make sure my analysis had a copyright declaration. In book form, my analysis has the copyright behind the title page, but that page wasn't included in my posted analysis here at FFJ. I see that I need to rectify that.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  5. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee, this is page 2 of this book. I'll scan the first page where he talks about the ransom note after this.

Attached Files:

6. Elle

Elle Member

Page 23 Sam D. McDonough

Attached Files:

7. Elle

Elle Member

Oh yes, you have to be careful with your copyright, Cherokee. I thought you had given him your permission. I just noticed inhis Sources page he also has an extract from one of Tricia's threads about Judge Julie Carne's Decision.

I'll scan the sources page. I haven't finished it yet, but I will by tomorrow.

There are seven pages from page 23 to page 30 with the clues from 57 - 95 as he states on page 2.

Page 31 - 32 He has the ransom note in italics. At the bottom of 32 he has:

For the most professional in-depth analysis of the Ramsey ransom note go to Linguistic Analysis, by Cherokee, in the online "Forums for Justice" (forumsforjustice.org)

Page 33 - 35 he has a copy of the actual written note.

This is all related to your analysis, Cherokee. No graphics.
    His e-mail address is samdennis@jonbenetcoverup.com

8. Elle

Elle Member

120 Clues That Show Who Killed JonBenét

Compiled and written by S.D.M.

Attached Files:

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, it looks to me like the guy used Cherokee as a source without infringing on her copyright. But I'm sure she knows better than I. Thanks for spotting this book, Elle, and the reference to Cherokee's STELLAR work. I am at least happy that people ARE looking at the forum here and the great work she and Jayelles and others have done in this case.

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

http://www.lulu.com/content/920268

Anybody surprised that one can PURCHASE Jameson's "rebuttal"?

Lordy, lordy, will the mercenary nature of this case ever end? Not for Susan Bennett it seems

:rs:

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I notice that she has a few things "for sale" on lulu, however, no reviews.

I wonder how many people are purchasing these materials?

Why_Nut....?

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks so much, Elle, for the information and scans. I agree with KK there is no copyright infringement, and that Mr. McDonough was careful to give credit to his sources. I'm glad he wrote the book.

13. Elle

Elle Member

I'm pleased to hear this, Cherokee, SMD does speak very highly of your analysis, but it would have been nice if he had got in touch with you first.

14. Elle

Elle Member

It was good you queried if SMD had the right to publish this book, KK. Amazing when you think of it. All he did was compile the facts which were already written. Not a bad way to make a living.

I took it for granted Cherokee had given her consent.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Note from SDM

Attached Files:

16. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

17. Elle

Elle Member

Last three pages SDM - 120 CLUES

Attached Files:

18. Elle

Elle Member

SDM - 120 Clues

Attached Files:

19. Elle

Elle Member

Sam D. McDonough - 120 Clues

Attached Files:

20. Elle

Elle Member

The End :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice