Old news.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JC, Nov 9, 2007.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

2. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you JC, That was interesting. Will the real John Douglas stand up! :)

3. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Like all things Ramsey, he has a new book to sell; hence, took the time to pretend to give a damn!

Thanks JC

4. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I've never read any of his books, nor did I read the entire thread he started at crimelibrary. I thought it was a little strange he started a thread there. I tried to find a post like that at his mindhunters site, but didn't. He mentioned Karr in his post; that was around the time jameson had Karr on her site.

5. Barbara

But of course JC

How convenient for them both

Jameson has Karr at her site right around when she is preparing her "play" for sale and now Douglas has a new book :yow:

What a coincidence indeed$$$ :hood:

6. Little

Little Member

LOL Barbara!

Little

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

:jclap:

:clap:

8. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I'll take it apon myself, if it hasn't been done before, to extend an open invitation to John Douglas to join this forum.

9. Barbara

That would be great, but alas, Paradox, I think your chances are better at "getting" Wendy Murphy :heart: than they are at having John Douglas come HERE to face us LOL :winko:

10. Paradox

I e-mailed his site: Are you aware of the many things from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie that show up in the case? Then I invited him to read and join FFJ.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I'll bet you John Douglas will turn into a scaredy cat, and not join, Paradox :)

12. Paradox

I'll bet my e-mail doesn't get past his screener. I got an instant reply that said because of the number of requests, he may not get to reply for some time. IOW, I just clicked delete.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, let's see him put his money where his foot is!

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

An instant reply more than I got from the Boulder County Republican Party.

15. tylin

tylin Banned

Ahhhh, that explains it. Jameson posted at Crimelibrary as Douglas.
    :sothere:

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

Another wrong conclusion by J. Douglas

I read on another forum that back in the 1980s, John Douglas examined a letter from the Green River Killer (Gary Ridgway). Douglas determined that the letter was likely from a cop who had inside information about the case. Therefore the letter from Ridgway was declared a hoax, that avenue of investigation was closed, and Ridgway kept on killing. So Douglas was 'dead' wrong in the literal sense with his conclusion.

jmo

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, the Green River case was one where Douglas blew chunks. He also had a serious illness strike him when he was working on that case in a hotel, and he almost died--a stroke or aneurysm...something like that. Took him some time to recover.

But Douglas' work on that case set that investigation back quite a long time, I believe. Many more women died.

Having said that, I'm sure Douglas didn't do it deliberately. Those were the early years of profiling, and the research was still in its infancy. Yes, it does prove its not infallible. Also, Douglas has presented the same kind of egotism in his ludicrous stance on the Ramseys, denying EVERYTHING he EVER taught and believed in his prior books in so doing: not knowing who the suspects are, seeing ALL the evidence before writing the profile; "caring" for the body implies the killer cared for the victim, knew her; etc.

So Douglas has a huge achilles heel, we all now know. He's too proud to admit he screwed up with the Ramsey case, or he's become senile and doesn't remember what the heck he once knew. Too bad. Douglas and Smit are poster boys for forced early retirement in crime investigation.

18. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

He goofed up royally at Waco, too.

19. Tez

Tez Member

And still Douglas won't admit that he was wrong in the Green River case. He says "he doesn't remember" anything about the letter.

I also know he was involved in the BTK case. I wonder if he was wrong there too???

Does anyone know what his new book is about? TIA!

20. Elle

Elle Member

So, this explains why he really wasn't the same man he was before his illness, KK? I did wonder about him making this "caring for the victim" statement, but completely ignoring it when it came to the fact this was what Patsy Ramsey had done, "Cared for the victim." It didn't make any sense.

No one could have stated this any better:

Glad you remembered this, KK. It's very good to be reminded that John Douglas himself was badly flawed when he interviewed John Ramsey. I remember reading he never did interview Patsy, and this didn't make any sense either (?).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice