Browsing through Steve Thomas's book ...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Elle, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Browsing through Steve Thomas' book to find some answers for a poster friend, I found on [page 286 - 287] Steve talks about the Whites refusing to deal with DA Alex Hunter, but this part jumps out at me. Fleet told them that Ramsey lawyer Mike Bynum had called them shortly after the body was discovered. Surely he was talking about December 27, Steve thought ... the night John Ramsey talked with Bynum at the Fernie house. White retrieved his notes and said, "No, it was the day before, on the afternoon of December 26." Steve asks him again if he's sure. He was sure!

The minds of detective Jane Harmer and Steve Thomas went into overdrive. The body of JonBenét was found at 1:05 pm with John and Patsy leaving about 2:30 pm. Now Fleet White was saying an attorney was already in play. I would say this was pretty fast work. John Ramsey was on the phone to his pilot Mike Archuleta, you will remember? ...So he could have called Bynum before this call.

Fleet also added he was interviewed by three people from the Team Ramsey group, the following day, December 27, when he didn't know any better than to speak with them. Steve goes on to say the private investigators weren't out canvassing the neighbourhood for an intruder, but were pinpointing the Ramsey's best friends, while the police were being stalled.

Right from day one, John Ramsey was running this show like a very large business deal. Is it any wonder this case is lying unsolved? This one really ruffles my feathers.

2. Elle

Elle Member

No repies!

Don't say I didn't try! you win some and you lose some!

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

I just wish that Alex Hunted would have signed the thingies to get the phone records in this case. To me, that is a no-brainer. According to Thomas, this wasn't done immediately. To me, that sounds like someone in higher places was in control here. And you're right, Lizard was one of the controllers!

4. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Elle

Don't get discouraged. IMHO, many are off doing their taxes and will catch up on the threads tomorrow. Good post though.

5. Toltec56

Toltec56 New Member

Elle

It had become obvious to Steve Thomas that Team Ramsey had already locked the witnessess into statements. Remember that the Investigators were not looking for the killer but putting a defense together. The statements from the Whites were to be used in a court of law in case the Ramseys were brought to trial.

Not only were the Whites locked into their statements, but so were the Fernies. These people didn't realize what was going on until after the fact.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you Thor, JR and Tolte for making me feel better. :)

At least we have Steve Thomas' police record.

Steve Thomas talks about Mike Archuleta confirming that Ramsey had telephoned him about leaving for Atlanta. [page 50 ST] Mike figured Ramsey was under tremendous stress and wanted his family out of Boulder. John Ramsey had called Archuleta twice, once about Jonbenét being missing and the second time when the body was found, and asked how long it would take to leave for Atlanta.

John Ramsey denies this in his book and says he phoned MIke to cancel the flight.

John Ramsey cannot delete the police records.

7. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hi Elle. Great thread :)

JR is right. People have uncle sam on the brain right now.

Also keep in mind that I am a serial thread killer.

So people don't stop posting on this thread just because I posted. It's not fair to Elle (lol)

Elle one thing to keep in mind is lying to John Ramsey must come so easy.

Remember he was a very powerful CEO. He was not use to having anyone challenge him if he lied. If he said "I never said that" I never promised that" nobody could do anything. He was in charge. Also if you challenged him he could fire you. How do I know this. Simple. Elle you pointed out a great example of this behavior. John Ramsey lies so easy and thinks he can get away with it. Very typical of a powerful, in control, ego driven, CEO.

John Ramsey and the Ramsey money were really running the show. Hunter was in bed with the Ramsey lawyers.

Some people claim Hunter did the right thing by not filing charges. However no one can ever explain to me why Hunter or his staff would not sign off on the simplist of search warrants. Like the phone records. What is wrong with checking the phone records right off? Especially since the parents were not cooperating. Hunter should have been waiting at the BPD door with a pen.

If Hunter would have been more agressive toward his prime susupects I might cut him some slack for not filing charges. However Hunter stonewalled from day one. He helped his prime susupects get away with murder.

Like someone pointed out, DeMuth then goes to work FOR THE RAMSEY'S ATTORNEYS.

Dear God can it get any more obvious.

John Ramseys was in control .Just like he was used to being.

You are so right Elle.

Welcome Toltec56 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2002
  8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Good points...

Didn't the RST try to spin Bynam's actions to be he was only acting in the capacity as a "friend" at the time?

Not that I believe it, but you know those spinners!

I agree they should have had the phone records right away, if for no other reason than to clear the Ramseys...the investigation always starts with the family, and the people the victim was seen with last...it was the right place to start...perhaps the only thing the police did right since they botched most everything else...and then, when they had it right, they didn't know what to do with it! They continually thought they were overstepping their boundaries against these rich powerful people.

The rich and powerful part is something I will never understand...it is not like the Ramseys were high up on the food chain of the World's Most Wealthy list. They had money, they were millionaires...but affluent moreso only in the small town of Boulder...I mean we are not talking wealth like Trump or Gates wealth, or NBA player wealth even... not even remotely close to the top ten richest people in the world...not on Forbes list of wealthy people...there is this huge buildup of how rich they were...and they were not rich by rich people's standards...those people are called "old money" and have been wea;thy and affluent throughout generations.

The Ramseys were newly rich, or nouveau riche, as it is called. Look at the people who were impressed with their money...the Ramseys and the Paughs...the ones who had never had it before!

Good thread Elle...no power last night or I would have posted last night!

9. Elle

Elle Member

Great replies

Thank you all for the great replies. It's very obvious you're all on top of this case. Thank you for the welcome.

I feel the police records should be classified as more important than the phone records. The fact Archuleta (Ramsey's private pilot) phoned Steve Thomas and confirmed Ramsey's two phone calls is very important, plus Fleet White also told Thomas he himself had phoned Archuleta back to cancel the flight. [page 50 Steve Thomas] Once again John Ramsey is inconsistent.

Just read on WS that Pook maintains John Ramsey gave his plane to Archuleta? Very generous of him, or was he buying Mike's silence. Didn't work!

10. Tez

Tez Member

Fat Cat...

was in control all right.

Tricia, excellent point about Hunter being in bed with the Rammer's attorneys. Also, beautiful point about Trip DeMuth. Remember it was he who wouldn't sign the warrants to get the phone and credit card records. I mean, it can't be anymore obvious, can it?

I thought Lizard Lips sold the plane to Archuleta? Heck, I can't even remember. One thing is for sure, something suspicious there! OH!!! Remember the gifts and things that were on the plane? I remember there were pictures in the Globe I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

11. Thor

Thor Active Member

Tez

I remember that, Tez. I think a tab did show a picture. I thought there was a bag of possibly wet sheets but I think that might have been a rumor. Not sure.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Ramseys being wealthy

Tricia, Moab, and all the others,great posts, thank you.

About the Ramseys not being one of "the" rich and famous, I feel Patsy thought she was right up there with the best of them.

How many of us can open our home to tourists, like Patsy did for the Boulder Historical Society? This must have given her a boost. I can't remember the exact number of tourists she had, but off the top of my head, I remember the figure being quite high. I would need to research this again and get back to you.

Ever since I read about Judith Phillip's husband
    telling her "The Ramseys will never be charged. It's fixed." I can't get it out of my head. He could be right. Alex Hunter may well have been placed in the position of District Attorney by a conglomerate of the very rich in Boulder, and catered to their every whim when it came to any of them being in trouble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice