Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Here's what I can't understand: Why don't LE and the FBI have detectives and agents scouring every golf course in the U.S.? As O.J. and JR have made clear, that's where all the killers hang out.

Sheesh, get a clue, LE!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Interesting chart, Cherokee. It's amazing how someone who has been on the edge of financial ruin (paraphrasing one of Job Ramsey's whines) can afford that many trips in a personal, private plane.
    Yeah, right. Planes cost money to keep and to fly. A lot of money.

Q. What kind of person flies a plane?

A. A broke one.

Does John fly the plane himself? Or hire a pilot to fly him hither and thither? He's got money coming in from somewhere, that's for sure.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Yeah, right. Planes cost money to keep and to fly. A lot of money.

Q. What kind of person flies a plane?

A. A broke one.

Does John fly the plane himself? Or hire a pilot to fly him hither and thither? He's got money coming in from somewhere, that's for sure.
    John flies the plane himself. He has a pilot's license and has had one for years. Burke also got his pilot's license a couple of years ago.

Like father, like son.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    John flies the plane himself. He has a pilot's license and has had one for years. Burke also got his pilot's license a couple of years ago.

Like father, like son.
    JR said he had eye prob's, which is why he had a pilot way back on Dec. 26th, 1996, to fly the Ramseys to Charlevoix. How can he fly alone now?

Oh wait....

He also said he had some "eye" damage when that old "intruder" broke into their Atlanta home. You remember: the one who was never caught after JR failed to turn on their STATE-OF-THE-ART SECURITY SYSTEM...which they SAID they pointed their cameras at the street...to keep them safe from the INTRUDER? Um...NO...TO WATCH THE MEDIA!

Ha. They are one-of-a-kind, no doubt about that. If my house was invaded and my child murdered under my nose, I'd be COOKING for the media and making up the guest rooms!

But JR not only got burgled...AGAIN, he also had to have EYE SURGERY from that, don't I remember?

Ha. Makes me wonder if his insurance paid for eye surgery for INJURY but NOT otherwise....

Of course, I'm just WONDERING.....

Can JR afford a co-pilot now? I thought he was so broke....

I also wonder if he has an offshore bank account, in the Caymans or somewhere, containing his golden parachute from Lockheed when he got dumped during the sale of AG to GE?

Didn't the Ramseys have a lovely vacay in the Bahamas in the year or so after the murder? I seem to remember a photo of Patsy in the resort pool....

Maybe not...it's been so long ago....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

You know, I never thought to pay attention to exactly WHAT plane ol' Lizard Lips was flying....unfortunately I happen to like the Beechcraft Bonanza very much.

Beechcraft G35

It's a spiffy-looking little v-tail that is, by report, quite nice to fly. We know a guy who owns one, painted in the brown-and-butterscotch paint scheme (very vintage looking).

Bummer that Ol' Lizard Lips still owns one, but I guess he'd buy a KingAir or a Gulfstream if he could afford it.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Can JR afford a co-pilot now? I thought he was so broke....
    John does not have a co-pilot. John flies his private plane himself. Cynic has even posted a photo here on FFJ that shows John flying the plane.

I guess John's eye surgery that was allegedly done because of "injuries" from the "break-in" in Atlanta must have fixed whatever eye problem he thought he had before.

Since moving back to Charlevoix, John has routinely flown wherever he wanted to go - even when he was dating Beth Holloway Twitty. He flew to see her, and he flew to Arkansas when he claimed he lived there with a family friend. In the four years that Burke was attending Indiana University, John only flew a couple of times to see him or pick him up for Thanksgiving in Charlevoix, but John had plenty of time to fly around MI and into MT and the Dakotas to see friends, fly fish and golf. Sometimes, but rarely, John flies to the Atlanta area to see Melinda and family. As far as I know, John has not flown to the Indianapolis area since Burke moved back there from Atlanta a couple of years ago. John flies around MI a lot, frequently to the Ann Arbor area.

For all John's sob story several years ago about being broke, John is still living the life of a corporate CEO with all of the attendant perks.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

You mean poor people don't have private jets and yachts?

I've been misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    You mean poor people don't have private jets and yachts?

I've been misinformed.
    Ha ha, yeah, you and me both, sweetheart!

But seriously, John did fall on hard times because he had to sell his yacht. Oh, the horror of it all! Can you imagine the degredation of not knowing where your next sailing opportunity will come from?

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

Speaking of the break in, wasn't it fascinating that the intruder took Ramsey's computer. I have never thought that was a coincidence.

Oh what I wouldn't do to see that pompous jerk hog-tied. He probably looked like ten lbs of sugar in a five lb sack.

I'm with you, C. The thing that bugs me about wealthy people is they never admit that they are wealthy. It's really condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Speaking of the break in, wasn't it fascinating that the intruder took Ramsey's computer. I have never thought that was a coincidence.

Oh what I wouldn't do to see that pompous jerk hog-tied. He probably looked like ten lbs of sugar in a five lb sack.
    Ha ha, as IF I believe it was a real "break-in"! Nah, John Ramsey staged THAT as well. If you read what supposedly happened, the whole scenario is ridiculous. John Ramsey must have the strength of a 100-year-old woman if a burglar could tie him up the way he described using a TOWEL! Do you know how hard it would be to use A FAT, FLUFFY TOWEL to tie someone's arms, then tie them to a doorknob? The knots wouldn't hold for one thing, and the towel would not hold against anyone trying to break loose.

Honestly, if John's lizard lips are flapping, he's lying. The man is incapable of telling the truth because to him, the truth is relative to what he wants people to believe.

But yeah, I'd paid to see John Ramsey hog-tied. I'd pay to do it myself!

I know. The whole thing was stupid. I have been to their Atlanta home and was followed by a white security van the entire time--this was pre-"break in." I'd turn around, they'd turn around. It was like some white trash Tom Clancy novel. There were security signs, it seemed, on every blade of grass on their property and there were plenty of warning that the place was under digital surveillance 24/7. It's awfully funny how that lone intruder got through all that--let alone picked that house out of all the homes in Atlanta to rob. I say bull smit.