Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Humpty Dumpty explained the meaning of the poem which Alice recited - sorry, my goof.

[P.S. I have received your test email, and have copied and pasted mine again into the reply - I hope it will go trough this time ].
    I haven't a clue what Humpty Dumpty said, or what Alice recited, rashamon. After all these years I've plain forgotten. I was teasing you. I just couldn't resist when I saw the penguin going through the ice. I joined it! OF course, with you being a Kindergarten teacher you could teach us all quite a lot. It would be a nice change.

Yes, this time around I did receive it and replied. Hope it went through okay.

Sorry for the interruption posters. Carry on!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default Question re brain swelling

Aditional info on brain swelling:

Quote:
    Complications of Trauma
    The three major complications of head trauma are infection,
    hemorrhage, and edema. Any open wound can become infected.
    Open wounds in the brain rarely occur unless there is a skull
    fracture. Occasionally fractures may be small and difficult to
    diagnose, particularly fractures of the middle fossa and
    cribriform plates. A diagnosed infection of the brain is usually
    accompanied by a history of trauma several days before clinical
    symptoms become apparent. A pathologist must ensure that the
    dura is stripped away from the bone in order to identify the
    defect.
    Unexpected hemorrhages into injuries can occur in many
    circumstances. For example, a subdural hemorrhage can rebleed.
    Any person who has hypertension, liver disease, or a blood
    disorder may bleed into a previously injured area like a
    contusion.
    Brain swelling is commonly associated with head trauma.
    The swelling may be mild or cause considerable distortion
    of the brain, both grossly and microscopically. Brain weight is
    occasionally used by some pathologists to assess brain swelling
    but is rarely reliable.Jay Dix, MD
    Medical Examiner
    Boone County, Missouri
    Associate Professor of Pathology
    University of Missouri
    Brain swelling, intracranial pressure, etc:

http://www.waiting.com/abouttbiicp.html

A Guide to Brain Anatomy

http://www.waiting.com/brainanatomy.html

Symptom: Bleeding in the brain

http://wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/bleeding_in_the_brain.htm

How Can The Brain Be Injured?

http://www.braininjury.com/injured.html

Do brains who have sustained a comparable head wound like JonBenet always show massive swelling if the victim is alive for some time after the head blow?
    For it has been argued (mainly by IDIs) that the only MILD swelling of JohnBenet's brain ("mild flattening of the gyri and narrowing of the sulci") indicates that she only lived for a very short time after the head injury.

In that context it would also be interesting to read what actor William Holden's autopsy report says about the stage of brain swelling he had.
    For he sustained a brain injury (he stumbled and fell while being drunk) and stayed alive for some time afterward.

Of course, the Ramseys were anxious to fly the body away from Boulder as fast they could have JonBenét's body returned to them. With JonBenét buried in Atlanta, it is not so convenient for the body to be exhumed and checked for all the clues that weren't found at the time of the autopsy.

The Ramseys were inconsiderate to their daughter, JonBenét, in not having her body close at hand for further forensic examination, to find the true killer. I feel this action threw more suspicion on the Ramseys.

Wouldn't it have been wiser if the Ramseys had nothing to fear, to have had their daughter, JonBenét preserved for further examination to find the killer? They themselves took off like lightning and left Boulder, because they couldn't face looking at all the people who knew the Ramseys themselves were involved.
    Just my opinion.

I can tell you that with my son's fall, he had a contusion on the right side of his brain, where his skull fractured. There wasn't much swelling but there was some...not enough to put in a shunt or do anything about it. You could see the area of brusing or bleeding on the CT scan.

The neurologist characterized his fracture as mild to minor. With a severe fracture I would bet there would be a LOT of swelling if the person was still alive. What about Dr. Atkins - he lived for a couple of days after his fall. Didn't he have brain swelling?
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

I think we need a brain surgeon posting here, rashomon. Texan is a surgical nurse. Maybe she can come up with some answers (?).
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Of course, the Ramseys were anxious to fly the body away from Boulder as fast they could have JonBenét's body returned to them. With JonBenét buried in Atlanta, it is not so convenient for the body to be exhumed and checked for all the clues that weren't found at the time of the autopsy.

The Ramseys were inconsiderate to their daughter, JonBenét, in not having her body close at hand for further forensic examination, to find the true killer. I feel this action threw more suspicion on the Ramseys.

Wouldn't it have been wiser if the Ramseys had nothing to fear, to have had their daughter, JonBenét preserved for further examination to find the killer? They themselves took off like lightning and left Boulder, because they couldn't face looking at all the people who knew the Ramseys themselves were involved.
    Yet another neon sign that points right back to John and Patsy being involved in JonBenet's death - as painful as it might be, if it were my child who'd been murdered, I'd want the police to keep his body as long as they needed to find out what happened and who did it.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Yet another neon sign that points right back to John and Patsy being involved in JonBenet's death - as painful as it might be, if it were my child who'd been murdered, I'd want the police to keep his body as long as they needed to find out what happened and who did it.
    Yeah, you and me both...and most likely every single other parent in America..or the world. I still don't believe that it would be to late for a second autopsy...I mean, if John would approve it, but we all know that hell will freeze over first. Heaven forbid they find something that they missed the first time, that might land his butt in jail.

I'm not sure but I don't think that it would need John's approval if it was court ordered.

That would also resolve the stun gun issue.

DA would exhume JonBenet
    Denver Post Staff and Wire Reports
    Jan. 12 - Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter says he is willing to exhume the body of JonBenet Ramsey, buried for more than a year now in a cemetery near Atlanta, if that's what it will take to build a case against the 6-year-old's killer.

In addition, DNA belonging to an unknown person was found on the girl's body, bolstering her parents' assertions that they aren't responsible for her death.

Hunter's comments appear in the Jan. 19 issue of The New Yorker magazine.
    He's quoted as saying that investigators are now taking saliva samples from people they encounter in an attempt to match the unidentified DNA.

"Every rock must be turned over, and if that means swabbing everyone's mouth or exhuming JonBenet's body, that's what the police will have to do," the magazine quotes Hunter as saying. "I don't want the public to think that everything already has been done when in effect everything hasn't been done."

Hunter on Sunday confirmed that he had made the comments, and reiterated that he would exhume the body "if that's what is necessary in the search for the truth."

Any exhumation would be done to perform a tissue analysis that would verify whether JonBenet's killer used a "stun gun" to subdue the child. Such an analysis was done in Arapahoe County on the body of a murder victim who had been dead for eight months, and the evidence led to a conviction.
    JonBenet Ramsey's autopsy report notes marks on her body that could correspond to the electrodes on a stun gun, a device used to subdue a person without injury.

Attorneys for JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, have confirmed that police suspect a stun gun was used in the killing. Neighbors of the former Boulder couple say police have questioned them about stun guns in connection with the crime.

Ramsey family representatives could not be reached Sunday for comment.
    But when asked earlier, Ramsey attorney Hal Haddon called the possibility of exhuming the girl's body "monstrous" and said it wouldn't be necessary if authorities had done their jobs.
    Source: http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    Little
    Last edited by Little; January 31, 2008, 3:58 pm at Thu Jan 31 15:58:49 UTC 2008. Reason: added more information
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Default From Tricia's post - May 24, 2004

Came across this in my search.

From Tricia's post May 24, 2004, 5:30 pm, Mon May 24 17:30:08 CDT 2004

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showpost.php?p=60213&postcount=2

From the ABC program 20/20 transcript March 17, 2000:
    BARBARA WALTERS: Why wasn't the body exhumed?
    JOHN RAMSEY: (PAUSE) Don't know why the police didn't consider that. Uh, we were asked… when this theory first surfaced about a stun gun that if the body were exhumed… it could be proved conclusively but it had to be done fairly quickly. This was… within months of when we'd just buried JonBenet. And I, as her father, could not bring myself to do that. I had laid my child to rest. She was at peace. And that was, ah, that decision I couldn't make.
    BARBARA WALTERS: Even though it might have cleared you?
    JOHN RAMSEY: It wasn't… that was not the priority. The priority was my child was at rest

From the 48 hours interview with Erin Moriarty. Oct. 4th 2002 CBS:
    Erin Moriarty: “Wouldn’t that have been or the best way to know or coming the closest to knowing is if you could have exhumed the body and line up a stun gun and see it matches those injuries?”
    Lou Smit: “Sure, I believe that would have been the most accurate way to do it.”
    Erin Moriarty: ( Voice over) Lou Smit admits that in the months following JonBenet’s death, investigators considered going to court to have her body exhumed but decided against it.
    John Ramsey: “We buried our child, she was in peace, that was just a horrid thought.”
    Erin Moriarty: “But, John that might have been the one way to know for sure, that could have resolved the whole issue, because if a stun gun was used, then it was not the parents.”
    John Ramsey: “Certainly, and we’ve got people who told us, who know what they are doing, that with 95 percent medical certainty that a stun gun was used. No question.
    Erin Moriarty: “But you would have known with 100 percent, with certainty, if you had exhumed the body, as tough as that would have been”.
    John Ramsey: “That’s my child you’re talking about, not a body, it’s different.”
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Little
    I'm not sure but I don't think that it would need John's approval if it was court ordered.

That would also resolve the stun gun issue.

Little
    I wish this could happen, Little. There would need to be a strong demand from someone of great importance. Who?
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I wish this could happen, Little. There would need to be a strong demand from someone of great importance. Who?
    The DA could demand one.....wait a minute. I just realized how that just fit into the category of "file that one right between fat chance and not gonna happen".

Little
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Little
    The DA could demand one.....wait a minute. I just realized how that just fit into the category of "file that one right between fat chance and not gonna happen".

Little
    Scoozy me, I don't even know if D.A. Mary Lacy whatever the hell her name is still the D.A. or someone else has taken over lately (?). I just can't stand the woman. Fill me in please, Little. I have been busy with more important business. Te he!
    Just my opinion.