Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 255
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    I think anyone could build a case against anyone using E2's logic. There are coincidence all over the place.

    Some years ago I posted about how I'd encountered "Jameson" in umpteen different palces over the space of a weekend. It was on a whiskey bottle, a boat was called "Jameson", there was a pub called The Jameson Inn or something lke that.... Using E2's logic, I could see these as "clues" rather than rather irritating (nauseating?) coincidences.

    Ramsey TV blitz rekindles interest
    Despite attention, police say case no closer to solution
    By Christine Reid, Camera Staff Writer
    December 21, 2004

    It may seem like the JonBenet Ramsey case is close to being solved because of a weekend media blitz on the subject, but the man handling the investigation said there's been no breakthrough in the 8-year-old case.

    Contrary to what was reported on a "48 Hours" special that aired Saturday night on CBS, DNA evidence found in JonBenet's underwear doesn't necessarily belong to the killer, Boulder County District Attorney's Office investigator Tom Bennett said Monday. The office took over the Ramsey case two years ago and entered the DNA evidence into a national database for the first time earlier this year.

    The DNA on the underwear may be from the killer, but it may not be," Bennett said. "It's minute DNA, like from a cough or sneeze. ... You can't just jump to conclusion it's positive proof that will trace back to the killer."

    Bennett — a retired police detective with more than 30 years on the job — said nobody from CBS or "48 Hours" contacted him about the special. Instead, private investigators once hired by the girl's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, offered their theories on the DNA and possible suspects.

    "I would simply say this is dated news," Bennett said. "It is not indicative of any breakthrough because it's not a breakthrough."

    Six-year-old JonBenet was found beaten and strangled in her parents' Boulder basement on Dec. 26, 1996. A grand jury investigation ended with no indictments, and no arrests have been made.

    District Attorney Mary Keenan has kept silent about the case's progress since Boulder police handed over the investigation in December 2002. She said she expects news coverage of the unsolved case to ramp up every year around this time because of the anniversary of JonBenet's death.

    "It's just natural it will be the topic of conversation," Keenan said. "We don't pay too much attention to it."

    She didn't catch the "48 Hours" special, or a documentary by University of Colorado professor Michael Tracey that makes similar claims and aired in England six months ago.

    But what Keenan's office can't ignore is the plethora of phone calls, faxes and letters typically sparked by the attention.

    Bennett was hired in June 2003 solely to head the Ramsey investigation, but he was promoted to the office's lead investigator in January and now manages three other investigators and two volunteers working on other cases. The Ramsey case still occupies about a third of his work time, he said, but he guesses the next two weeks of his job will be nothing but Ramsey because of the rekindled interest.

    "It opens an avenue of people who have an unusual interest in the case and are not mentally stable," Bennett said.

    He has had some people call him more than 10 times a day for weeks to offer their opinion on who is guilty.

    "Typically they're rambling, disjointed, meaningless statements," Bennett said. "I've never worked a case that generated this much interest long after the fact, or immediately after the fact."


    Another resource drain is the numerous civil suits filed in connection with JonBenet's killing, Keenan said.

    "That's the part that drives us crazy," Keenan said.

    Evidence from the District Attorney's Office is subpoenaed in each of those cases, but Keenan said her office has to be careful about what it provides because the investigation is ongoing.

    On Monday, a federal judge in Denver heard arguments on why one such case should be thrown out.

    Fox News Network is being sued by the Ramseys over a story that aired Dec. 27, 2002, for the six-year anniversary of JonBenet's slaying. In the story, reporter Carol McKinley said there has "never been any evidence to link an intruder to her brutal murder."

    Keenan said she'll wait and see if the judge sides with Fox and tosses the case, which would get her office off the hook to produce the paperwork.

    Contact Camera Staff Writer Christine Reid at (303) 473-1355 or reidc@dailycamera.com.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  2. #38

    Default

    I will have to give credit here. Jams went through the tedious job of watching the Lighthouse videos where he claims to NAME THE KILLER and summarizing them. Yes, it's the same old wacko Lighthouse using video on youtube to document his WILD AND CRAZY theory.

    So to your point, Jayelles, Lighthouse has taken a long line of "connections" he gleans out of the ransom note, with dubious interpretations twisted into AHA! claims, and runs that out for hours into a case that the old prankster group PHONE LOSERS OF AMERICA murdered JonBenet! You remember them: they spammed the old Boulder News Forum to its demise, eventually, and harassed innumerable posters, creating a lot of the negative atmosphere still around today, I believe. It's amazing how people who dedicate themselves to such things create so much chaos.

    But back to Lighthouse: I remember when Lighthouse was trying to get posters at forums to MEET with him in Boulder under real cloak and dagger conditions. We all vigorously encouraged some who were considering it NOT TO GO THERE. As his videos and convoluted theory certainly imply, Lighthouse is a few watts short of a beacon....

    Yes, Lighthouse claims to have contacted Boulder LE repreatedly with his brilliant case solving. Anyone who has observed the number and dedication of the many case wingnutz we've seen through the years just on the JBR forums has to sympathize with LE on this point. And these are the "leads" the RST wingnutz demonize the BPD over, no less: THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW MY INFORMATION AND ARREST XYZ! THEY'RE SO INCOMPETENT! THEY NEVER INVESTIGATED ANYONE BUT THE RAMSEYS!

    And how many of these wingnutz do you think are on Smit's 50+ page list of suspects? It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

    "University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

    ~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

    ~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

  3. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    I will have to give credit here. Jams went through the tedious job of watching the Lighthouse videos where he claims to NAME THE KILLER and summarizing them. Yes, it's the same old wacko Lighthouse using video on youtube to document his WILD AND CRAZY theory.

    So to your point, Jayelles, Lighthouse has taken a long line of "connections" he gleans out of the ransom note, with dubious interpretations twisted into AHA! claims, and runs that out for hours into a case that the old prankster group PHONE LOSERS OF AMERICA murdered JonBenet! You remember them: they spammed the old Boulder News Forum to its demise, eventually, and harassed innumerable posters, creating a lot of the negative atmosphere still around today, I believe. It's amazing how people who dedicate themselves to such things create so much chaos.

    But back to Lighthouse: I remember when Lighthouse was trying to get posters at forums to MEET with him in Boulder under real cloak and dagger conditions. We all vigorously encouraged some who were considering it NOT TO GO THERE. As his videos and convoluted theory certainly imply, Lighthouse is a few watts short of a beacon....

    Yes, Lighthouse claims to have contacted Boulder LE repreatedly with his brilliant case solving. Anyone who has observed the number and dedication of the many case wingnutz we've seen through the years just on the JBR forums has to sympathize with LE on this point. And these are the "leads" the RST wingnutz demonize the BPD over, no less: THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW MY INFORMATION AND ARREST XYZ! THEY'RE SO INCOMPETENT! THEY NEVER INVESTIGATED ANYONE BUT THE RAMSEYS!

    And how many of these wingnutz do you think are on Smit's 50+ page list of suspects? It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
    Thankfully, the Phone Losers were well before my time but I've heard the name.

    I genuinely think these people should be writing fiction - think how convoluted the Da Vinci code is - they'd probably write really good stories with their fertile imaginations and all.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  4. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I think anyone could build a case against anyone using E2's logic. There are coincidence all over the place.
    Whackadoodle has no logic...none whatsoever in what she posts. She just pulls that wagon behind her and takes whatever road or path the little voices tell her to take, LOL. Every thread she stops on, she unloads part of what is on her wagon, and then she moves on. There is no rhyme, no reason, and certainly no substance to her theories of the McReynolds...it is almost like watching someone playing a word association game and pulling the answer out of the sky (or her butt)...which may be the sky for all we know.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  5. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Here's an interesting set of coincidences :-

    JustMe
    Jericho, NY Reply »
    |Report Abuse |#330 Monday Feb 11
    Patricia Fox wrote:
    I like Jayelles' posts...She puts her money where her mouth is. She backs up her info with well-documented facts.
    Very well informed individual. I am sorry she does not post on this forum...
    The same Jayelles from UK that talks out of both sides of her mouth depending on whose company she's in at the time? Is this the same Jayelles? Rather have someone nasty and consistent than someone who plays games. LOL
    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...ITEGR6II33/p17

    Athena
    Jericho, NY Reply »
    |Report Abuse |#7 May 21, 2007
    Capricorn wrote:
    If I could design the investigation team, I would ask that investigators team up from neighboring areas ANYWHERE BUT BOULDER (Denver, etc) along WITH a team from the FBI's crime labs to start from scratch. And yes, I would ask that NO stone be left unturned, including NK.
    I would want them to put to rest once and for all the fallacies that have been invented and over the years are used as facts solely by being repeated over and over again
    And I would want those who impeded the investigation by inserting themselves into it and spreading myths and getting "inside information" prosecuted.
    And I would start with Susan Stine, Susan Bennett, Mary Suma, Micheal Tracey
    That is the only way justice will ever come to fruition
    Fresh eyes, fresh team, OUTSIDE OF BOULDER
    And have Steve Thomas rewrite his book with the true facts without all of the embellishment and his disproven hypothetical theory.
    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...M0G6F45UC7T2R4

    (Mis-spelling of Britney)

    JustMe
    Jericho, NY Reply »
    |Report Abuse |#73 Sunday Feb 10
    The same people who exploited Brittney to line their pockets are the same ones turning their back on her now that she is sick. That is the truly sad facts. She really has noone to look out for her well-being only for what she could do for them.
    10-08-2007, 12:27 AM
    Athena
    Criime Library Supreme Member Join Date: May 2005
    Location: NY
    Posts: 20,975


    SNIP

    Re: K Federline. I didn't see him so interested in the other kids he has. For goodness sake, he started seeing Brittney when his ex-girlfriend was pregnant with the second child. He got what he wanted; money to support the first two kids he "made" and now these two. JMHO

    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...CULNBE5F8R0/p4

    Of course it must be a coincidence because only a troll would play games like that. Besides, Athena is a moderator at Sycamore and wouldn't have had to post this:-

    JustMe
    Jericho, NY Reply »
    |Report Abuse |#341 Monday Feb 11
    I just noticed someone posted about this as well above. I missed it. Does anyone have a link to the site above (Sycamore)? Is that a new forum?
    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...ITEGR6II33/p17

    Must be someone else who is located in Jericho, NY and can't spell "Britney". Interesting coincidence all the same ;-)
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

  6. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles

    Must be someone else who is located in Jericho, NY and can't spell "Britney". Interesting coincidence all the same ;-)
    Or someone playing ...shall we say...dumb?
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  7. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    Here's an interesting set of coincidences :-

    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...ITEGR6II33/p17

    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...M0G6F45UC7T2R4

    (Mis-spelling of Britney)

    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...CULNBE5F8R0/p4

    Of course it must be a coincidence because only a troll would play games like that. Besides, Athena is a moderator at Sycamore and wouldn't have had to post this:-

    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonb...ITEGR6II33/p17

    Must be someone else who is located in Jericho, NY and can't spell "Britney". Interesting coincidence all the same ;-)
    Hmmmm, that IS a very interesting coincidence, especially since according to the 2000 census, Jericho, NY only has a population of 13,045.

    Of that total, the population was spread out with 25.3% under the age of 18, 4.6% from 18 to 24, 25.4% from 25 to 44, 28.4% from 45 to 64, and 16.4% who were 65 years of age or older. For the sake of argument, we'd have to say the Topix posters were probably not under the age of 18 as there are almost none of that age group who post prolifically on the Ramsey case, and they certainly would not be made a moderator of a crime forum. So, that removes 25.3% of the population from the total. Likewise, the Ramsey case attracts very few posters between the ages of 18-24 as many are in college and have other pursuits, with very little time to post agressively at crime forums unless it has something to do with their major. There goes another 4.6% for a total of almost 30% we can probably eliminate from the Ramsey case-posting crowd.

    That leaves us with a loss of almost 4,000 out of a population of just over 13,000 for a total possible pool of 9,000 Ramsey case posters. What percentage of the general public in America posts on the Ramsey case, specifically at Topix? Certainly not 50%. Not even 25%. Even when the Karr circus was at its highest fever pitch, there was not a total of 10% of the American population posting on the crime forums. At a population of over 300,000 million people, we did not have 30,000 people posting about the Ramsey case on the crime forums. There may have been that many interested and reading about the case, but they were not actively registering and posting - and there certainly isn't that many posting about the case now.

    A total of 5% registered posters from the general population is still too much now that the Ramsey case (for all practical purposes) is dead, along with its main suspect. Even saying that 1% of the population of Jericho is posting on the Ramsey case at Topix would be a stretch because that would have to involve approximately 130 people, and at this point in time, there are not that many hats actively posting on the Ramsey case at that forum.

    So, even if we go with the estimate of 1/2 of 1% of the population of Jericho, which gives us the figure of about 65 people, that is an extremely liberal estimate. That total is still more than the number of hats actively posting on the Topix Ramsey forum. If we slice the number in half AGAIN, we still have a very liberal estimate of 30 people from Jericho, NY who might possibly post on the Ramsey forum at Topix.

    What are the odds that of those 30 people, two of them (Just Me and Athena) would be active posters on Ramsey crime forums who both feel that Britney Spears has been exploited, write about it on two SEPARATE Ramsey crime forums, and misspell her name as "Brittney"?

    WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

  8. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,818

    Default

    Actually, it probably was Athena, and she must have realized her mistake since she is now using an IP anonymizer.

    Athena
    Anonymous Proxy
    Reply »
    |
    Report Abuse |
    #25 9 hrs ago
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  9. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moab
    Actually, it probably was Athena, and she must have realized her mistake since she is now using an IP anonymizer.

    Athena
    Anonymous Proxy
    Reply »
    |
    Report Abuse |
    #25 9 hrs ago
    As if THAT erases her previous Jericho, NY address!

    "And the walls came a-tumblin' down ... "

  10. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a World With Too Much Crime
    Posts
    7,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    As if THAT erases her previous Jericho, NY address!
    Some people might think that no one would go back any further than what is now reflected...eh?
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

    ______________________
    Bring all our Missing Home www.usearchut.org
    Prayers for our military who are protecting our freedom.

  11. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moab
    Some people might think that no one would go back any further than what is now reflected...eh?
    Well, maybe it's Just Me, but I think you're right.

  12. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    After I made a couple of comments about neutrality and moderation, last night, Athena posted this to me:-

    Your subtle comments referring to me in a couple of posts have not gone unnoticed either Jay and I have NEVER done anything to you. I don't know where your resentment comes from -- but I won't lose any sleep over it either.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission



Similar Threads

  1. FOFLMAO, comic relief from whackadoodles Evening2
    By Watching You in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 21, 2006, 10:58 am, Mon Aug 21 10:58:43 UTC 2006
  2. CS Relief Thread
    By Watching You in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: September 2, 2004, 5:26 pm, Thu Sep 2 17:26:39 UTC 2004
  3. New 911 Update Thread 2
    By Twitch in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 10, 2004, 12:28 pm, Sat Apr 10 12:28:10 UTC 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •