Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    If she has done a huge amount of work which is being described as top notch, then it's a pity it cannot be shared other than by pm.
    I agree. We all have to realize that some cases are more personal to some posters than others, and in lieu of that fact, they sometimes take some cases more personally. I was that way with the Smart case, but we need to learn to set our differences aside for the greater good of the discussion.

I really don't want a whole lot of talk about personal conversations and such. This is a public forum and I would like the entire discussion to remain public and include everyone. Constant references to non-members and personal conversations will do nothing except hurt the feelings of those not included, at which point I will have to close the forum.
    Last edited by Moab; May 16, 2009, 6:44 am at Sat May 16 6:44:44 UTC 2009.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

And the smarmy sarcasm directed at someone who was gracious enough to write a letter of praise about FFJ, a letter that Tricia posted because it praised FFJ, and then that person gets creamed for nothing more than providing information about the McCann case, doesn't enhance things either. Someone who had an enormous wealth of information to offer that would not have otherwise been available unless anyone else here has the ability to translate Portuguese or has contacts with the actual players.

Honestly, God forbid that anyone not sing the praises of the McCanns, anyone who has legitimate questions regarding this case, who wants to learn all the details and perhaps, just perhaps care more about little Madeleine, the true victim of this crime, than worry about getting snuffed for their questions about the circumstances of what happened that night.

This has gotten way too personal IMO. If one wants to attack the message that's one thing, but to attack the messenger is over the line. Especially when the messenger has done nothing but offer friendship without any strings attached.

Don't mention other people? That's what half the JonBenet forum is so you're kidding, right? It's not as if the person mentioned isn't, or at least wasn't, a member here.

I suppose I've been chewing on this bone long enough. I hate seeing truly good people belittled, especially in a place where truth seeking is supposed to be the gold standard.

Perhaps this particular thread should come with a warning that anyone whose first language is not English but has the ability to actually read and comprehend information in a language other than English, and God forbid offer a different view, and God forbid "from another country!!! (yikes!! ewww!!) should just stop right here and move along.

One sided discussions are sort of like only being able to make right turns - it doesn't take you anywhere interesting.

I'm outa here. I've never been one to be told to follow along and not question. It's not always made me friends, but it's always allowed me to sleep well at night.

Ciao
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

I am locking this thread until I can have some off-line conversations. I am truly sorry what I said was misconstrued.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**