Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    I am sincerely sorry that you feel this way about the discussion Jayelles. This is a case near and dear to you. That being said, how do you suggest we discuss this case, what sources would you suggest be used, and how is this any different from the discussions about JonBenet or any other case that is still open? Can you tell us which tabloids & newspapers are of questionable integrity? I know which ones are of that caliber in the states, but I have no idea which ones fall into that category in Europe.

All we have to go by is our own experiences in the county where we reside. I realize, now, that what's an acceptable, and considered a safe practice where you reside is not necessarily the way things are in the states.

The discussion about Madeleine is because we care about this tiny child and her fate.

Little

I'll second this post, Little. WELL SAID!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default Nana

Nana,

Thank you for your wonderful posts giving your opinion on the Madeleine McCann case. You have done a fantastic job here, and I'm sure the FFJ posters will agree with me.

Elle
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Nana,

Thank you for your wonderful posts giving your opinion on the Madeleine McCann case. You have done a fantastic job here, and I'm sure the FFJ posters will agree with me.

Elle
    How about that source for the PM being a "close friend" of the McCanns?
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    I just googled Calpol and it seems the main ingedient is paracetamol, a very mild pain killer. Painkillers containing paracetamol are widely sold here in Germany also, and I too always carry some paracetamol tablets in my handbag - they are not as harsh on the stomach as aspirin.

Thanks Jay for the info.

Summing it up :

Maddie was last seen in public around 5/6 p. m.
    Gery and Kate went to the tapas bar at around 8 p. m.
    Kate discovered Maddie missing at 10 p.m.

- So according to this time line, if there was a kidnapping, it had to have occurred bewtween 8 p.m and 10 p.m.

- If there was no kidnapping and the parents were involved in Maddie's disapperance (and in case of parental involvement, death would be likely), it had to have occcurred between 5 p. m. and 8 p. m. (and suppose the friend of the McCanns checking on them between 6 and 7 saw Maddie alive, between 6/7 p. m. and 8 p. m).

This would be an extremely narrow time frame for the McCanns to have gone trough such a traumatic experience like an accidental killing of their child including disposal of the body right in the middle of a resort buzzing with people.

Highly unlikely imo that they would have been able to get this done.

When one considers Murat's time frame, it is just as narrow.

If Murat was the perp, suppose he both abducted and killed Madeleine, he had to have done all that between 8 p m. and 10 p. m. - a mere two hours.
    For at the time the search for Maddie began, if what the eye-witnesses say is true, Murat was already seen at the apartment complex.

Again, taking into account the extremely narrow time window, imo it is unlikely he could have abducted Maddie, abused her, killed her and disposed of the body within those mere two hours.

Unless he had an a accomplice of course.
    If Maddie was kidnapped and not killed, the question to ask is in which way Murat, if he was involved, would have profited from this crime.

How throroughly has Murat's backgound been checked out and what did it reveal?

How far away from the apartment complex did Murat live?
    I appreciate the fact that you are asking questions and not just repeating tabloid trash.

Murat's apartment is very close to the apartments. A few hundred metres maybe. However, as with the McCanns, we only have leaks and tabloid speculation about him too. Hopefully some day we will learn some solid facts about the case.

Perhaps we Brits are used to waiting patientily for information about cases. Out pro judice laws mean that case files are confidential and that when a person is arrested for a crime, there is a news blackout until the trial in order to protect the integrity of that trial.

Here's an interview with Kate McCann's parents where they talk about their feelings about Madeleine's disappearance and the news coverage of the case - Internet especially:-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-20835627/

Lurking on websites and often hiding behind pseudonyms, these pathetic and cowardly cretins have acted like judge and jury, after first putting the boot in on Kate and Gerry McCann – Kate, especially.

Their casual, callous cruelty and almost-gleeful responses to various developments in this heartbreaking and horrifying human tragedy have been outrageous, breathtaking – and utterly depressing. A little girl is missing, but all some pathetic excuses for human beings want to do is :(:(:(:(:( and gloat and goad.

Kate and Gerry McCann don’t read the newspapers any more, but their families do and, sometimes, they see what has been posted on the internet by poisoned minds, simple minds and sick minds.

“It gets me upset from time to time, when I’m stupid enough to read it,” says Kate’s mum, Susan.

“But I just think these people don’t care about Madeleine, so they are not of any significance.”

Kate’s dad, Brian, adds: “We’ve had a couple of nasty letters here. I can’t believe they would actually bother their backsides to buy a stamp and post the letter. They must be warped.”

Why do they bother? Susan, sadly, probably hits the nail on the head when she says: “I think they just get a certain pleasure out of it. But it worries me that we have these people in our society – no wonder the world is the way it is.”
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Default Rashie

Here is a webpage which has some aeiral photos showing the locality. There's a slideshow of photos and you'll see Murat's villa in relation to the McCann apartments in photo #2 or #3.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...265790,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    How about that source for the PM being a "close friend" of the McCanns?
    I am not answering "for" Elle, however I took her remark to mean that they have a friend in Grodon Brown, not that he was a close personal friend. His offer to help would be something any parent with a missing child would welcome with open arms.

The moves to deliver the file to the prosecutor came as “no surprise”, the friend said, adding: “We knew they would go to the prosecutor at some point.”

Prime Minister Gordon Brown does not regret contacts - including a phone conversation - he has had with the McCanns, his spokesman said today.

“He doesn’t regret that he has had contacts with them but this is an ongoing police investigation and it would be unwise for me to say anything more,” said the spokesman.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...4375-19770366/
    She said Mr Brown had offered support on "a practical and a personal level" in their meeting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6661113.stm
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    I am not answering "for" Elle, however I took her remark to mean that they have a friend in Grodon Brown, not that he was a close personal friend. His offer to help would be something any parent with a missing child would welcome with open arms.
    There is no doubt that Gordon Brown has been supportive from a political/diplomatic stand[point. There was no secret about that. However, Elle posted this:-

Having a British Prime Minister as a close friend comes in handy, I guess. The same courtesy is not given to every missing child, as we all know.
    I'm afraid I don't interpret it the same way as you do. Perhaps Elle will respond and explain?

Interesting information for all FFJ posters interested in the Madeleine McCann case explaining how differenet people became involved.

From The Times

September 18, 2007

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2477770.ece

Key players in the McCann case

<LI class=byline>Angela Balakrishnan <LI class=publication>guardian.co.uk, <LI class=date>Thursday April 10 2008

The protagonists in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/apr/10/madeleinemccann.ukcrime
    Just my opinion.

Interesting information for all FFJ posters interested in the Madeleine McCann case explaining how differenet people became involved.

From The Times

September 18, 2007

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2477770.ece

Key players in the McCann case

<LI class=byline>Angela Balakrishnan <LI class=publication>guardian.co.uk, <LI class=date>Thursday April 10 2008

The protagonists in the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/apr/10/madeleinemccann.ukcrime

Elle, are you finding it difficult to repond to me directly? Please don't - it reminds me of Candy. We're all adults here.

The article you quoted tells of Gordon Brown's support for the McCanns in dealing with the diplomatic and foreign/legal issues of the case. This is perfectly standard protocol, in such a high profile case! There's been no secret about it.

However, you stated that he was a close friend and that this "came in handy" for the McCanns. I'd like to know where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    There is no doubt that Gordon Brown has been supportive from a political/diplomatic stand[point. There was no secret about that. However, Elle posted this:-

I'm afraid I don't interpret it the same way as you do. Perhaps Elle will respond and explain?
    Quite frankly Jay, ever since you insulted Paulo Reis on this thread, I thought it would be better not to post with you at all. You suggested I may have taken it personally, but by the same token, I think it was you who took it personally because you had done exactly the same thing as the McCanns with your children - checked up on them in a similar fashion while on holiday; something like that. You even posted you should be horse whipped, and then you stopped posting in the Maddie thread until I started posting Paulo's articles which many posters enjoyed. They were reading just an opinion of a journalist.

One would almost have thought you were related to the McCanns with the depth of feelings you were displaying for them.

You even posted that you had let the McCann case get to you. I do not want an argument with you.

I will say this much, I was very sorry to lose your friendship because I liked you very much because you were from Scotland, and we shared many laughs together, but it can't be fun for the other posters coming across personal arguments like this.
    Just my opinion.

I've been asked about the recent documentary about the McCanns. This is what they are putting a lot of their energy into:-

Gerry and Kate McCann are visiting Brussels to urge Europe-wide support for a comprehensive cross-border missing child alert system
    http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=29082

Quite frankly Jay, ever since you insulted Paulo Reis on this thread, I thought it would be better not to post with you at all. You suggested I may have taken it personally, but by the same token, I think it was you who took it personally because you had done exactly the same thing as the McCanns with your children - checked up on them in a similar fashion while on holiday; something like that. You even posted you should be horse whipped, and then you stopped posting in the Maddie thread until I started posting Paulo's articles which many posters enjoyed. They were reading just an opinion of a journalist.

One would almost have thought you were related to the McCanns with the depth of feelings you were displaying for them.

You even posted that you had let the McCann case get to you. I do not want an argument with you.

I will say this much, I was very sorry to lose your friendship because I liked you very much because you were from Scotland, and we shared many laughs together, but it can't be fun for the other posters coming across personal arguments like this.

Well now we know! I am sorry if my outrage at tabloid garbage has offended anyone.