Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    I am not answering "for" Elle, however I took her remark to mean that they have a friend in Grodon Brown, not that he was a close personal friend. His offer to help would be something any parent with a missing child would welcome with open arms.
    Thank you kindly, Little for your post. I have no intention in arguing with Jayelles on this thread.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Thank you kindly, Little for your post. I have no intention in arguing with Jayelles on this thread.
    But do you have any intention of providing sources for your comments which place the parents in a less than positive light?
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Jay,

A less than positive light for WHAT - Their innocence? I think the McCanns are innocent. I do not think the McCanns had anything to do with the death of their little girl Maddie. I do think their little girl was kidnapped. I have never posted anything to suggest anything else.

The only sin the McCanns are guilty of is leaving their children alone.

END OF STORY
    Just my opinion.

Default Rashie

Here is a timeline. My recollections weren't far out, but this has more details and it's nice to have it from a solid source:-

Timeline of May 3, 2007

10am Madeleine and her twin siblings Sean and Amelie were placed in the Ocean Club’s Kids Club while their parents go for a walk.

12.30pm Kate and Gerry McCann collect children. They have lunch at their apartment before going to the Ocean Club swimming pool.

2.29pm The last photograph of Madeleine is taken at the pool. The camera's clock reads 1.29pm, but the family says it was out by one hour.

3.30pm Children return to Kids Club.

5.30pm Children have tea at Kids Club.

6pm Mrs McCann takes children back to apartment while husband starts an hour-long tennis lesson.

6.30pm Mr McCann asks David Payne to check on Mrs McCann and children at the apartment.

7pm Mr McCann returns to apartment and children are put to bed.

7.30pm Mr and Mrs McCann shower and change.

8.35pm McCanns are the first of the group to arrive at the tapas restaurant, 50 yards away from their apartment

9.05pm Mr McCann returns to the apartment to check the children. He enters through the unlocked patio doors sees all three children asleep.

9.08pm Walking back to the tapas club Mr McCann sees Jeremy Wilkins on the opposite side of the road. The men spend several minutes talking.

9.10pm Jane Tanner walks up the road unnoticed by Mr McCann and Wilkins. She sees a man walking across the road in front of her carrying a girl in his arms

9.30pm Matthew Oldfield leaves tapas restaurants to check on group’s children. Sees twins in their cots but does not directly see Madeleine’s bed.

10.00pm Mrs McCann checks children and finds bedroom window open. Twins are sleeping, but Madeleine’s bed is empty
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3705440.ece

Edited to add: Portugal is one hour ahaed of us in the summer - this will account for the family camera clock being out by one hour.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Jay,

A less than positive light for WHAT - Their innocence? I think the McCanns are innocent. I do not think the McCanns had anything to do with the death of their little girl Maddie. I do think their little girl was kidnapped. I have never posted anything to suggest anything else.

The only sin the McCanns are guilty of is leaving their children alone.

END OF STORY
    Are you going to provide a source or not?

Jay, do me a favour if it's a good windy day in Scotland, go fly a kite and hang on to it!

THE END
    I'll take that as a no then Elle. Nuff said.

Little
    There is no doubt that Gordon Brown has been supportive from a political/diplomatic stand[point. There was no secret about that.

Jayelles: I'm afraid I don't interpret it the same way as you do. Perhaps Elle will respond and explain?
    Articles like the following are in many newspapers. Gawd, take your pick Little, which one would you choose as a source? I already posted this here this afternoon.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2477770.ece

Mr Brown contacted Mr McCann shortly after Madeleine disappeared and had previously personally intervened after the couple became frustrated by the lack of progress in the police investigation. The then Chancellor assured the McCanns that he would do “anything he can” and the British Embassy in Lisbon put pressure on the Portuguese authorities to find more flexibility in their secrecy laws.
    Just my opinion.

Articles like the following are in many newspapers. Gawd, take your pick Little, which one would you choose as a source? I already posted this here this afternoon.
    You have NOT posted your source for Gordon Brown being a "close FRIEND" of the family - something which you say came in "handy".

Articles which give account of Gordon Brown's professional involvement as a cabinet minister do not substantiate claims that he was a "close friend".

At the end of the day, this is just one of many examples of the misinformation which has been perpetuated on discussion forums. There were rampant threads at the Mirror forum which claimed that the McCanns had friends in high places which were involved in some supposed cover-up. Eagle claimed that Gerry McCann was a "Government" doctor with the implication being that he had friends in high places as a result. She harped on and on about this despite being told that Gerry is a simple NHS doctor. The Government runs the NHS in the same way as they run the schools. For that matter, I am a "Government" teacher and the guy next door could be a "Government" technician since he works for the local council.

I have no objection to people voicing their opinions but I really do object to the perpetuation of false and misleading information which has its roots in sleazy tabloids and their even sleazier forums - especially when it unnecesarily hurts people who are already at the lowest point in their lives.

Thank you Elle. That's good enough for me. I know you to be an honorable person and would have bet my Jeep that you didn't intend to be misleading. I suppose it's all depending on the frame of mind how one interpreted your post.

As far as I'm concerned I'm off this particular topic and would like to see this get back to discussion about a very complicated, and possibly forever to be, unsolved case. I don't have a lot of trouble recognizing gossip from gospel, even if I sometimes have questions about which is which. It's the old "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince" type thing

Little
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    Thank you Elle. That's good enough for me. I know you to be an honorable person and would have bet my Jeep that you didn't intend to be misleading. I suppose it's all depending on the frame of mind how one interpreted your post.

As far as I'm concerned I'm off this particular topic and would like to see this get back to discussion about a very complicated, and possibly forever to be, unsolved case. I don't have a lot of trouble recognizing gossip from gospel, even if I sometimes have questions about which is which. It's the old "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince" type thing

Little
    Thank you, Little. I certainly have never been accused of misleading anyone before, but there is always a first time for everything.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    This would be an extremely narrow time frame for the McCanns to have gone trough such a traumatic experience like an accidental killing of their child including disposal of the body right in the middle of a resort buzzing with people.

Highly unlikely imo that they would have been able to get this done.
    I think it would have been next to impossible for the McCanns to have killed Maddie and disposed of the body in that narrow time frame, WITH NO TRACE OF HER FOUND LATER.

I believe, as someone has suggested and I posted earlier, that the kidnappers knew the McCanns evening ritual, and they used that schedule to their advantage. They waited until they saw Gerry McCann leave after his last check at 9:05 p.m. As soon as he was out of sight, they entered the apartment and took Maddie. I also believe there was an accomplice (with a car waiting nearby) to whisk them out of the area.

I think the kidnappers knew it would be too much trouble to take all three children, and it would be harder to deal with babies than an almost four-year-old girl. I also believe Maddie was noticed for being blonde and pretty, and that she was taken for purposes of pedophilia, not ransom.

All of the speculation about the McCanns is just that. Speculation. There has been no hard evidence, and the McCanns have been prevented from speaking out in their defense.

Yes, the McCanns shouldn't have left the children alone, but the continued bashing of them, and baseless accusations of their involvement in Maddie's death does nothing but cause heartache and further more gossip. What good does it do when there is no real news on the McCann case to repeat over and over innuendos and unsourced suppositions? It doesn't solve the case, and it doesn't bring Maddie home if she's still alive.

I believe the good posters of this forum can agree to disagree about certain subjects, and that's what we may have to do in this case. If there are facts to provide, that's excellent. If there are opinions on those facts, that fine. But the continued stirring of the tab and rumor pot against the parents only serves to keep the focus off of the true objective - to solve the case and hopefully, bring Maddie home.

Discussion of evidence is good. The rehashing of unsourced claims only leads to frustration and anger. I know everyone here has been saddened by the tragedy of Maddie McCann's disappearance and possible death. Let's try to give each other the benefit of the doubt and realize that when children are involved, emotions can run deep.