www.patsyramsey.com

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, Feb 12, 2008.

1. AMES

AMES Member

Does anyone know why www.patsyramsey.com has been removed? It went by the wayside the same way that www.ramseyfamily.com did. I liked this site because there were many pictures of JB on it, that cannot be found anywhere else.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make a thread from this...but I didn't know where else to put it.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

As far as I can tell, the domain name has been sold. Here is the whois registration info, which appears to be a corp. named "ENOM5, INC.":

Domain Name: PATSYRAMSEY.COM
    Registrar: ENOM5, INC
    Whois Server: whois.enom5.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom5.com
    Name Server: DNS1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS3.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS4.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Name Server: DNS5.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Updated Date: 20-sep-2007
    Creation Date: 18-sep-2007
    Expiration Date: 18-sep-2008

The url link leads you to the registration contact info, and it's registered in a privacy agreement with WHOIS, apparently, so no way to know who bought it without going through the Whois agent. My guess is the owner doesn't want it known or it would have been listed by name:

Registrant Contact
    Organization Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
    First name Whois
    Last name Agent
    Address1 PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
    Address2 C/O enom5.com
    City Bellevue
    State/Province WA
    Postal Code 98007
    Country US
    Phone +1.4252740657
    Fax +1.4256960234
    Email Address wdfkwchdx@whoisprivacyprotect.com

What often happens with such web addresses, which will get many hits because of the celebrity factor of the name, is they become valuable. So whoever holds the registration eventually sells it for a profit. That has happened with a number of forums we've seen come and go through the years. They're valuable because the owners can sell ad space based on the website traffic. You can see the ads on the site now.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Interesting...I wonder who would want to buy that domain name? With PR dead and buried (and much of the case buried with her) I can see why it might not be maintained anymore. It could also have been bought by JR or one his companies or allies simply to make it unavailable for anyone else.

4. koldkase

I edited my post with more info that might answer your question, Dee.

If you click on the ads, you'll see the angle of using Patsy's infamy to get hits.

If you click on the "free chat" links, you'll find some rather ironic chat rooms being advertised, considering this is all thanks to Miss Patsy herself. :bateye:

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Thanks. I hadn't thought of the profit motive (from the ads)- so I guess even if you leave ASAP and don't actually READ the ads or click on their links, every page hit generates income?

6. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

If you view the source code of the page, you can find that it has links back to a known website hijacker called Nuseek. Clearly, the domain was allowed to expire, then Nuseek swooped in and bought it up. The lesson very much to be learned is that hijackers have the tools to find out, down to the second, when a domain name anyone has registered is available to reregister, and they will capitalize on the existing reference links to that site by throwing ads on it which lure in unsuspecting suckers who think they have found a site they are looking for. If anyone out there has a domain name they want to keep control of, make sure you know when it expires and renew it before then.

Edited to add: Speaking of domain names, I got rather a start the other day when seeing what Patsy's old friend/employer Laurie Hodgson in Charlevoix was up to. Laurie ran LLHGraphics.com, a company which created websites for, among others, WebBookUSA, Patsy's employer when the Ramseys moved to Charlevoix in 2003 so that John could run for political office there. Imagine my surprise when I found that visiting llhgraphics.com took me to a new domain, JBRgraphics.com. Eyebrows raised. As it turned out, Laurie has apparently gotten out of the web site business and sold it to two people, John and Bobbie Rathjens. Still, what a thing to be able to capitalize on -- the initials JBR and Charlevoix.

7. koldkase

Oh. My. God.

Amazing, Why Nut.

JBRgraphics.com

That was just a coincidence, right?

:floor:

8. AMES

AMES Member

This same thing happened with www.ramseyfamily.com. Good thing that I was quick on the trigger, and copied and pasted all of the links from that site, over here..and at WBS. I know that all of you ...or most of you...had already seen it, but I wanted to post it all for references, just in case we needed it for some reason. (This is the site that offered up the reward for JB's "killer"...and had quotes and statements from people such as Dr. Beuf.) I wished that I had done the same thing with www.patsyramsey.com, now.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Glad you did that, Ames. For people like me, who came into this years after many of you, the old links and information are invaluable to us.

10. AMES

AMES Member

I had never seen www.ramseyfamily.com before...and I just happened to stumble across it. I believe that it was you, over at WBS, that couldn't get the links that I posted, to open...so I went in and copy and pasted the text in all of the links. I am so glad now...that those links wouldn't open. If they had of, I would have never copied and pasted...and as far as I know...the info on that site would have been lost forever. Much to the Ramsey's "dismay"....I am sure.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Is this the one and only Why_Nut KK back from his Safari? :)

12. Why_Nut

Hunting tiiiii-gers out in Indi-aaaaa (not so much) (will anybody get that?).

Another little hint for the preservationists out there: if you have Ramsey material on videotape, get it off that deteriorating media and make it into the eternal digital 1s and 0s it needs to be. I have on tape an interview with John and Patsy on a Christian program called Life Now, circa 2000 when DOI came out (this is not the same interview as the one they did for the Christian Broadcasting Network). It is interesting enough to have Out There, but there is rather an annoying stripe of tracking debris along the image that also distorts the audio a little. I have digitized the tape onto a DVD, so I can chop it up and YouTube it for your research and entertainment, but the more relevant point is that it would have been a good idea to get the material transferred before the tape had decayed like it has.

C'est la vie.

13. koldkase

I know what you mean about those vhs tapes, Why Nut. I don't have a DVD recorder, but I've almost bought one many times for this very purpose. Then I come to my senses--they cost around $200 for those who don't know. The only reason I'd use it is for my Ramsey tapes and maybe a few Broadway shows I have had for so many years, they're probably not visible anymore anyway. The thing is, nobody will ever look at them but me. And like a garden variety addict, I tell myself everyday I'm going to quit this madness.

The problem is, when it comes to this case and all my FFJ buddies, I don't know how to quit you.... :no:

14. Why_Nut

Wait until Black Friday rolls around. I bought my DVD recorder this past BF, for just $99 from Circuit City. An excellent deal since it has proven to be an excellent recorder (Toshiba D-R400, I recommend it).

Edited to add: Although the number of tapes a person has probably should also be factored into whether it is worth it. As I go through the entirety of my collection, I find I have probably 600 VHS tapes and at least a couple of hundred 8mm tapes to transfer.

15. AMES

AMES Member

We bought a DVD/VCR recorder last year...(to transfer our home videos onto)...but, I have yet to use the darn thing. I had no idea that VHS tapes deteriorated. I guess that makes sense, though. I need to get my butt in gear.

16. Why_Nut

Oh yes, you can bet they do. If they have been stored in cool and dry conditions, and have not been played much since recorded on, they will probably be fine, but videotape is, after all, just a bunch of magnetic bits and plastic coating. The magnetic bits demagnetize, and the plastic coating just plain falls off the backing. If too old or too dried out, the tape ends might separate from one end reel or the other when being rewound or fast-forwarded. I had that happen. An end-game project I have is to try and rescue those by taking the tape cassette shell apart and hoping I can glue or otherwise adhere the tape ends back onto the reel for long enough to get the tape dubbed.

Hey, as if everyone has not enough stuff to do -- make sure that if you have old Super8 movie film, you know, the little 3 inch reels so many people put their ancient home movies on, get those dubbed off, too. Over time the color can deteriorate and you can find that old family memories make it look as if the only color everyone wore and decorated their homes in was red.

17. Elle

Elle Member

We have all missed you Why_Nut. It was so good to see your post here yesterday. Welcome back from wherever you were (?).

I understand what you mean with the video tapes. They seem to deteriorate as they sit on the shelf. I do have a DVD player. I remember seeing a demonstration of the first CD advert. It was thrown around like a frisbee and classed as indestructable. SO far, so good.

It seems you will have your work cut out for you transferring all your VCR tapes. I look forward to your youtubes, and can download them to a CD.
    Maybe you should be charging us a fee? :)

18. heymom

heymom Member

Unfortunately, even CDs are not permanent. Each new media form that comes along is a bit better than the one before it, but none so far is permanent, even if in appearance it seems that way.

Why Nut, does your DVD recorder edit tapes too? I have a bunch of camcorder tapes that need a lot of editing and transferring, but I'd have to go from little tapes into an adapter for VHS, into the editing or recorder and onto the DVD. It's going to take work. I have 2 or 3 tapes of my oldest son when he was a baby, and I was so enthralled with him that I basically taped him sleeping for who knows how long! I call it "The Second Coming" Chronicles...

:bigstick:

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

You better turn that frown upside down, Lady! You Love Us and We Love You - we all have to deal with it! I do by pondering all kind of :pirate: things that I could be doing instead of behaving at times on-line for a cause that would haunt us if we tried to walk away. Under all of these freaking SideShows still lies a murdered six year old whom was made to be so important while she was alive, but in death, her parents dropped her like she was a hot potato. I'm glad to see that I am not alone in accepting that this is acceptable. So.... :)

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Why-Nut can make up for months of not posting in just one post, what's not to love about that? I so enjoy you checking up every now and then on the people on the fringes of the R's. To find out that the domains were just tossed to the wind almost makes me feel bad for Patsy. Instead, I'll just go through the few tapes I have somewhere and see if I caught any oldie but goodies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice