"daughter" on top of pg. 2 of ransom note

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Mar 10, 2008.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

2. heymom

heymom Member

It's all mangled up. Can't even read it as "daughter." What happened there?

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

Maybe she slipped up starting to write 'dead' (dead daughter) and then corrected it ...

http://www.acandyrose.com/12251996ransompage2.gif

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

You're kind of on the right track with it being "mangled".

-Tea

5. AMES

AMES Member

Not only does it look like she put an e, instead of an a ...after the D...it also looks like she had to insert the u. Man, she REALLY screwed up, didn't she. I wonder what it was that she was going to write..before she corrected it?

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It was said that after the murder (and the writing of the RN) that PR changed her style of writing considerably.

7. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Focus your attention to the "gh" of that daughter and compare it to the others.

-Tea

8. AMES

AMES Member

Geesh...wonder why the large gap between the two letters? Duhh...I was too focused on the a and the u. Its like she stopped, and went back to writing later, or something. Maybe John came up to ask her a staging question or something.

icedtea4me likes this.
  9. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

It's like daughter was split in two, just like something else.

-Tea

10. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

It is difficult to be objective in analyzing the printing in the note.

It is generally considered to be a fact that the writer wanted to disquise her handwriting in an attempt to make the police think of an intruder as the author. The childish tone of the note is often accounted for as the first attempt of a non-criminal to stage a crime.

But it is also true that children have difficulty writing. I think the note was written by Patsy in a state of regression to a childlike persona.

http://www.acandyrose.com/patsychart8letter2.gif

Patsy also exhibits this type of persona in the above letter. When she "puts on" this visage in an attempt to relate, she comes across as false and cartoonishly gushing in emotion. In the above letter she is attempting to be "Mommy". In the rn she is attempting to be "tough foreign faction guy". She's a bad actress in both cases.

11. heymom

heymom Member

Wow, that's profound. Great observation, Tea!!!

12. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, the daughter's HEAD.

13. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

These Handwriting Analysis Threads...

are so facinating....Both the analysis of the letters physically written, the emotional play behind the words, spacing, vocabulary, punctuation....All of it is so interesting...

It seems that some of you are quite expert in your analysis....It is wonderful to have that kind of knowledge on our fourm, but it is also so revealing to read all of our poster's different observations from many differents eyes and points of view...

How I do wish that some of the "experts" who testified before the Grand Jury and who were involved in the Ramsey case investigation giving expert opinion to detectives and DA would read these threads and reevaluate their analysis...I don't know if any of those experts would recant as far as John, Patsy, or a combination of the two composing and writing the note or the percentage of likelihood for their authorship for the note, but I think these experts should truly review and "rethink" their official opinions...

Chero or anyone have any idea how we could interest any of those experts to come here and participate in reading these threads and/or commenting on some of the observations here?

The ransome note is indeed one of the true pieces of evidence in the Ramsey Case.... perhaps the most important, most definitive and permanent of the available evidence in this case, unless of course, there is an exumation of the murder victim....

Voyager

14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Remember the "practice note" LE found on the preceeding writing tablet pages?

There was something like five missing pages...maybe more. (Where oh where has my memory gone?) The one that had the top remaining from the rest of the torn page revealed: "Mr and Mrs R". The writer practiced the note at least ONCE. Maybe twice, considering the number of missing pages.

If you notice the marked out words in the ransom note, one at the top of page two--"delivery" marked out to write "pick-up", you can see that the writer was copying from "a earlier" note. That's why she got messed up on page two at the top and repeated "an earlier delivery" with a grammatical error--"a" instead of "an": that's in the last line on the bottom of page one.

Patsy had to insert "not" and mark out "don't", as well. Did she proof read the thing? I think so. It was late, she was exhausted, her baby was dead, and prison loomed large for someone.

15. AMES

AMES Member

And she tried to say that the practice note was actually something that she had written...that it was going to be an invitation of some sorts, didn't she? Like..."Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey would like to invite you to...." WOW...GEE...how "coincidental" that her "invitation" would start almost identical to the RN...except for the fact that she left HER name off of it. I think that she started to put her name into the RN (just like she had done in the uhhhh hummmmm.....invitation), but then she went in a different direction with it...and making it out like the intruder hated John and his company. Guess it would be harder to explain why the intruder didn't like her, either....so, she left her name off of it. Just make it look like the intruder is out to get revenge on John. I guess that the intruder could have not liked her, because he was jealous of Patsy...having been a fomer beauty queen and all. So, I guess technically...she could have left her name on the note.

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

Missing pages

It may have been even more, since exactly nine pages preceding the practice note were missing: pages 17 through 25.
    Page 26 contained the words "Mr. and Mrs I (the 'R' was not finished).
    The ransom note found in the home was written on pages 27, 28, 29.

As for the rest of the tablet: the first 12 pages were missing and the next four (pages 13 through 16) contained doodles, lists and some miscellaneous writing.

[Source: Steve Thomas' book, hardback ed, p. 73]

Good catch KK, re Patsy copying the note from an earlier version.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

What always amazed me was that the "practice note" which PR ADMITTED she wrote as an invitation, the writing of Mr. & Mrs. Ramsey was IDENTICAL to the rasom note. NO one that I recall seemed to point that out to the Rs or their lawyers.

18. heymom

heymom Member

That would have been the true "smoking gun," wouldn't it??? Because if Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note, there was no intruder and that would mean one or both of JonBenet's parents were involved in her murder. So LE would know that they needed to question each of them HARD and get one to crack and give up the other one.

So that was buried, thanks Alex Hunter!

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Since the most pressure was put on Patsy to crack, that tells me that I have even more reasoning to keep John Ramsey high on my suspect list of two.

20. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

DeeDee, do you remember the source for that quote of Patsy admitting she wrote the "practice" heading? I'm thinking is was one of her friends who said that, and the report was rather secondhand? Which is why it didn't rise to the level of solid, incriminating evidence?

Not that Hunter wouldn't have found a way to bury it anyway.... Of course he would.

Sorry to be so sketchy, but I thought you might remember without me having to spend what would turn into a day of looking, because then I get side tracked and find other stuff that gets me all riled up, and then I go off on tangents...and then I've forgotten the original search issue. Mental pause, someone called it....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice