Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I think it was the whole Mr & Mrs Ramsey. It was either in PMPT or ST's book.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee
    I think it was the whole Mr & Mrs Ramsey. It was either in PMPT or ST's book.
    Yes, thats what the Rocky Mountain News said..and also Fox News...I just looked it up. I was trying to find out who said that it was the start of an invitation.

I found the part about the invitation on pg. 436 of PMPT (pb version). What was on the practice note is on pg. 33 of Thomas's book (pb version).

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    I found the part about the invitation on pg. 436 of PMPT (pb version). What was on the practice note is on pg. 33 of Thomas's book (pb version).

-Tea
    Tea, so the invitation and the practice note were NOT the same thing? Or were they? I am confused.

The practice note was said to be the beginning of an invitation. (Don't know if this is true or not.)

-Tea

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

The practice note was said to be the beginning of an invitation. (Don't know if this is true or not.)

-Tea
    That's what the R's claimed. Of course, we know it was a practice ransom note.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

-Tea
    Thanks, that is what I thought!

There is no way that on one sheet...you have..." Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey"....and the other you have.."Mr. Ramsey". And one is an invitation and the other is a ransom note. It is obvious that Patsy thought after writing that practice note...and said..."Gee, I think that I will leave MY name off of it . I need to make this Ransom note about John...and this intruder's hatred for HIM...not ME, because I am too nice of a person. The police would NEVER believe that anyone hated ME...I am just way too likable. I WAS Miss West Virginia, afterall." I could just imagine her sitting there..and thinking that. It was all about appearances to her...and heaven forbid she do something that makes it look like SHE has an ENEMY...much less a small foreign faction full of them.
    Last edited by AMES; March 13, 2008, 10:29 am at Thu Mar 13 10:29:42 UTC 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee
    That's what the R's claimed. Of course, we know it was a practice ransom note.
    OF COURSE!!!

Default The practice note

-Tea
    Steve Thomas' book and PMPT provide contradictory info on this.

In ST's book, it says that the word Ramsey was not written in full:
    [Page 73, hardback ed]:
    "The following, page 26, was the practice ransom note (Mr. and Mrs I [the R was not finished]), and that page showed ink bleedthrough from the missing page 25."
    Whereas in Schillers book, it says (Schiller quotes Jeff Shapiro):

[Jeff Shapiro]:
    "Several days after I met with Thomas and Harmer, Pam Griffin told Frank Coffman that Patsy Ramsey wrote the words Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey on the same lined pad that the ransom note was written on. Pam said Patsy had told her that it was the beginning of an invitation she was writing: "Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey ... invite you ..."
    Jmpo, but I think Steve Thomas is the more reliable source here.
    For Shapiro provides information which was handed down to him via a non-primary source:
    Patsy told Pam Griffin who in turn told Frank Coffman before the info got to Shapiro.
    Possibly the "Mrs I" in the practice note grew legs and ended up as "Mrs. Ramsey".
    Steve Thomas, on the other hand, had seen the original practice note.

But whether Mrs. Ramsey was written out in full or not, if Patsy told Pam Griffin that she meant to write an invitation, this incrimates her of course.
    For when one visualizes the note pad - the first 12 pages were missing, and pages 13 through 16 contained doodles, lists and miscellaneous writing.
    Pages 17 through 25 were missing.
    Page 26 contained the "Mr. and Mrs. I".

And now, oh coincidence of coincidences, the "small foreign faction" just happens to have written the ransom note on exactly those three pages (27, 28, 29) which followed the alleged unfinished 'invitation' letter. Another absurdly unrealistic scenario, but again Patsy got away with it all.
    Last edited by rashomon; March 13, 2008, 6:32 pm at Thu Mar 13 18:32:53 UTC 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Steve Thomas' book and PMPT provide contradictory info on this.

In ST's book, it says that the word Ramsey was not written in full:

Whereas in Schillers book, it says (Schiller quotes Jeff Shapiro):

Jmpo, but I think Steve Thomas is the more reliable source here.
    For Shapiro provides information which was handed down to him via a non-primary source:
    Patsy told Pam Griffin who in turn told Frank Coffman before the info got to Shapiro.
    Possibly the "Mrs I" in the practice note grew legs and ended up as "Mrs. Ramsey".
    Steve Thomas, on the other hand, had seen the original practice note.

But whether Mrs. Ramsey was written out in full or not, if Patsy told Pam Griffin that she meant to write an invitation, this incrimates her of course.
    For when one visualizes the note pad - the first 12 pages were missing, and pages 13 through 16 contained doodles, lists and miscellaneous writing.
    Pages 17 through 25 were missing.
    Page 26 contained the "Mr. and Mrs. I".

And now, oh coincidence of coincidences, the "small foreign faction" just happens to have written the ransom note on exactly those three pages (27, 28, 29) which followed the alleged unfinished 'invitation' letter. Another absurdly unrealistic scenario, but again Patsy got away with it all.
    Rashie, there were several different reports, from The Boulder Daily Camera..and such..that said that the "invitation" began..."Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey..with the whole word written out. I do not know where there sources came from, but...I agree with you....Steve Thomas actually saw it. And really, it makes no difference if it said...Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey, Mr. and Mrs. I, Mr. and Mrs, Mr. and, or just plain Mr....it totally SOOOO incriminates Patsy. IMO...she started that note...and decided that she would leave out the Mrs, because its best to distance herself, and why would an intruder dislike her? She decided that it was JOHN and his company that the intruder didn't like....so HE was the one that the intruder was getting revenge on. Addressing the RN to HER too...made no sense...and she finally realized that, as she was writing out the "INVITATION".

Invitation...MY BUTT!

What if the "daug hter" is a representation of the blow to the head? Let's begin to take a look at what precedes it in that particular sentence, which happens to be the longest one in the note.

http://www.acandyrose.com/12251996ransompage1.gif

The sentence starts out with "If we monitor you..." Take a look at the "w" in "we". Notice that to its right there is a vertical line going straight down, a horizontal line jutting out to the left, and to the left of that are two rounded bumps, much like the other "w"s in the note. My thought is that Patsy began writing the pronoun I, but then changed it to a "w" for "we". So, it looks like her original train of thought could have been "If I monitor you..." Patsy, imo, lets John know that she's been monitoring him. And what has she been monitoring?

-Tea