Questions for LE

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, Mar 13, 2008.

1. rashomon

rashomon Member

If you could ask LE questions, what would be on your list?
    There are those questions to which LE definitely knows the answers but we posters don't, and there are "why" questions referring to why something was not done.

My list:

- Has JonBenet's balled-up red turtleneck been tested for urine?
    - if not, why not?

- Could it be determined whether the urine found on JonBenet's bedsheet was freshly shed urine or older urine?

- Did JonBenet have another, smaller set of day-of-the-week Bloomies?
    - if yes, was the set complete?
    - if not complete, which day(s) was/were missing?

- Has John Ramsey's blue bathrobe been tested against the blue fibers found in JonBenets vagina?
    - if not, why not?

- has any of the clothes which Pam Paugh removed from the Ramsey home been tested against the fiber evidence?

- Could it be determined by lab tests done on the wood whether the missing end of the broken paintbrush had been broken off at the same time as the other end which was found in the paint tote, or was this just an assumption on LE's part that it must have been broken off on that night also? [maybe the missing end had been broken off long ago]

- What kind of hairstyle was JonBenet wearing to the Whites' party? Was her hair tied in those same ponytails or was it done differently?
    [For the Ramseys said they put a sleeping JonBenet to bed right after coming home, so if she had a different hairdo at the Whites', this would be another proof that John and Patsy were lying]

- have the golf clubs John Ramsey wanted to remove from the home been tested forensically?

- Are there any indicators that the baseball bats had been wiped clean?
    - If not, could any fingerprints be found on them? Whose?

- At the GJ hearing, has Burke been asked again if JonBenet walked up the stairs when they family arrived home?
    - if yes, what did he answer now?
    - if not, why wasn't he asked again?

- Have John or Patsy ever been confronted in any interview with the different versions of events they gave? Have they ever been asked point-blank why they changed their story from "JonBenet was awake when we came home" to "JonBenet was asleep when they got home"?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

- Has all of JonBenet's own clothing, pageant and ordinary, as well as the clothing on her various dolls and the fabric of the dolls themselves, been tested against the found fiber evidence?

(That question arises from having seen Patsy show off on both still photographs and video some of JonBenet's dolls and pageant dresses, indicating that they stayed in the family's possession.)

- Has the ligature been tested for DNA?

(This should be a no-brainer, every crime investigation in a jurisdiction that has enough money for it would have the ligature tested.)

3. heymom

heymom Member

Why was Pam Paugh allowed to ransack the Ramsey household and remove many articles of evidence, with no supervision and wearing a police jacket to disguise her from the press? Who ordered that raid and allowed it to happen? Why did LE allow the Ramseys to leave the house after JonBenet's body was found? Why did the Boulder DA not want the CBI on the case? What happened to the phone records from 12/25?

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Why did Hunter refuse to allow the Rs phone and cell records to be released to LE?
    Has anyone ever tested the SPOON that was found in the pineapple bowl and the glass for saliva or other DNA.
    A partial print WAS lifted from the body. Coroner Meyer decided NOT to include that information in his notes or report. WHY? Whose print was it?
    Were there or were there not calls back and forth between the Rs and the Governor's office, Christmas night through the weeks after the murder?
    Where are the black velvet pants and vest that JBR wore to the White's, and where is the red turtleneck now?
    There are pictures of the R home that were not crime scene photos. Who was allowed that access to the home and why?
    Was Aunt P ever asked to account for what she took from the home? (we already know that answer- NO)
    Why has no one ever asked the Rs (including JAR) what the Dr.Seuss book was doing in his suitcase with his semen-stained blanket?
    Where is that blanket now?
    Were the animal hairs found on the body ever tested against PR's boots and fur coats, as well as the paintbrushes (which often use beaver or other animal hair).
    Why is there still a warehouse if evidence that has not been looked at? With murder having no statute of limitations and the DA saying the case is still "open"- what excuse can there be for it?
    Will the judge ever be compelled to look at all the evidence in this case that LE has?

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

That question has been answered, because Burke did not personally testify at the GJ. The jurors were merely shown videos. Were those the videos whee Schuler interviewed Burke?

Another question: At Topix, a poster wrote:
    Is this poster right: can the Ramseys' book "Death of Innocence" be used in a court of law?

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yep. It is a recorded statement.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Patsy and John Ramsey were INTERVIEWED by the "ghost writer" for their book, a pastor so and so (can't remember his name) and this was taped, I believe he stated. He then "ghost" wrote the book for them using those.

Patsy once said she kept journal notes during their "ordeal" and wrote the book from THAT. That was before the good pastor OUTED those lies. OH well, la di da.

It seems to ME that both those "interview tapes" and Patsy's alleged "notes" would have been subpoenaed by LE after their book came out...but I guess not. They probably would have to have ARRESTED the Ramseys to get a subpoena for those materials, and no way THAT was going to happen, no matter how much PROBABLE CAUSE LE had to do so--and they had plenty shortly after the murder.

I'm not sure what the law is on info in their book, though Punisher says yes. I'd think, off the top of my head, it could be used in a criminal trial as REBUTTAL, if either John or Patsy testified...and one of those never will, that's for sure. But their statements in their book are not sworn testimony, under oath, so I don't know if any of that could be offered as direct evidence of anything. But I'm no lawyer, so I obviously could be totally wrong.

At any rate, any "intruder" tried for this murder would have defense lawyers who would at least try to get those tapes and "notes", though they probably would have "disappeared" by then.

Rashomon, I never heard that Burke only testified before the grand jury by tape. Would you mind sharing that source for us? I'm wondering when that tape was made as well, because Burke is said by Kane in Atlanta in 2000 to have told the grand jury he owned "Hi-Tec" shoes. So who asked him "on tape"? Who conducted that interview? John and Patsy also said it wasn't until Burke's grand jury appearance that they learned he had in fact been awake during the chaos of that morning, when they were interviewed by the NE some time later. So who asked Burke about that, the grand jury, someone interviewing Burke FOR the grand jury on tape, or was it on the old interviews done with Burke shown to the grand jury? That's just odd to imagine, as I also thought I remembered reports of Burke going to Boulder FOR the grand jury appearance?

Well, it will be interesting to learn about this. Thanks for bringing it up. Y'all pretty much covered most of the questions I'd like to ask LE.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

And let me REITERATE: I saw John and Patsy asked in an interview on TV if they actually WROTE the book themselves, as opposed to having someone "ghost write" it for them, and they said YES, they wrote it themselves! BIG LIE. Didn't miss a BEAT, either.

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

There was a discussion on that on the folllowing thread: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9159&highlight=grand+jury+burke+minor
    (post # 12 and following)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice