Please Help!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Mar 19, 2008.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

My Name is Tom, On march 2 3:00 pm 2008 I will take the first step of the most important day of my life. I am running from California to Florida in an effort to raise awarness and support to fight, prevent, capture and aid in the post treatment of survivors of child predaters. I will run 3000 miles in 90 days from coast to coast to help support organizations to keep our children safe and the building of Child Advocacy Centers across the Nation. I was Inspired By Mark Lunsford who Had a daughter the same age as my own. Mark and his Daughter Jesicca Marie Lunsford, went through a Nightmare that no one in there sane mind could ever imagine a horrer story beyond a Stephen King novel. Mark Picked up the pieces of his shattered Life and now spends his Time Protecting all of the children in the world including my own. The Jessica Lunsford act is almost passed in every state. I dont Have a lot of money or Power and I am not a great speaker, I am a great runner so with the help of Patricia Walker of the CACCC and Mark I will do what I do Best and Place My foot on every square foot of ground from California to Florida, Coast to Coast, as I Run for the Innocent if anyone is interested in helping in this project or would like more info please leave me a message."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=10160059-213c-4ad9-a945-3a083181ecee

"I have been running across the country to fight against child predetors and aid in the recovery of the survivors I have run almost 600 miles in 11 days now myspace has nominated me for an impact award that will give 10 thousand dollars to Child advocacy centers if you could give me a vote and spread the word I sure would be grateful the link is at the bottom.

Thank you
    Tom Bassano"

http://www.myspace.com/impactawards

Attached Files:

2. RiverRat

3. heymom

heymom Member

Wow, I have to admire his fortitude! I'll go to WBS for sure.

4. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

My vote is in. Looks like he will be running straight across I10. Think we should ask BobC to have someone drop him off - say like in Boerne, Tx so he can run along side Tom into San Antonio, Tx all the while giving Tom a great big FFJ Kudo?

BobC is buff - I'm sure he can handle 32 miles. :bateye:

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Will do, RR! Thanks for bringing this here.

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

What a wonderful effort and gesture for the kids. It's nice to see that victims can make a difference for potential victims. Who knows how many kids have stayed safe because of the efforts of people like this?!

These are statistics that would be staggering if there was a way to measure it. They are truly deserving of the kudos they are receiving

You know, I looked at the pictures for quite some time, so very sure that somewhere in there would be John Ramsey or Burke or Lin or Lou or Tracey or any RST member, just so sure that they would be a part of any effort to help children, and no matter how long I looked, nope, no trace of any of them

Maybe I just need stronger glasses. :winko: :rolleyes:

7. heymom

heymom Member

I want to know when he is going to hit Houston.

If someone can update me on his progress...I see he's in El Paso so he still has a few miles to go...But if someone sees him close to Houston, like in San Antonio, would you please send me a PM or post it here? I want to go out and cheer for him. I have always wanted to run like that and I never could, and it's great that he is doing this for children murdered by child predators.

8. RiverRat

I will do my best to find out for you - that would be awesome if you could Bee there! Now - if we could only do as JR suggested and get Buff Bob out there too for support...........

(HINT, HINT)

Thank all of you Sweeties for being the Sweeties that make this group something to believe in.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Thanks for this, RR!

10. heymom

heymom Member

I will make an FFJ sign to hold up too, if you would like. Tell me what you think it should say. Or some other FFJ token?? An FFJ ice pack for his poor sore feet?? :)

11. RiverRat

Keep Voting!!!

Please - try again today as we are allowed to vote Daily and Tom is now in second place. Snag everyone you know too - I know the power that this group has and this man and his cause deserves all that we can produce! Time is running out!!!

Attached Files:

12. RiverRat

Thank you for pointing that out. NEVER have they, nor Never will they and we all know why........Patsy did send Mark Lunsford a pillow after his daughter's murder......I'd bet good money that Mark's reaction would be :censored:

13. RiverRat

From Tom's Blog

"A lot of People Have asked for my Route I hope this Helps Please let me know if I will be running near you and let your friends and family in the areas know also Feel free to run a few miles with me

Cali.

Marina Delray, Sandiago, Lake Side, Alpine, Pine Valley, Live Oak Springs, Boulvard, Jacumba, Seeley, El Centro, Brawley, East Highland Canal, Glanis, Palo Verde, Ripley,

Arizona

Blythe, Ehrenberge, Quartzesite, Brenda, Hope, Harcuvan, Salome, Wenden, Aquila, Wickenberg, Moristown, Aqua Fria River, Arizona Canal Bike Path, Temple, Apache Junction, Superior, Globe, Santa Rita, Geronimo, Saford,

New Mexico

Bucknorn, Silver City, Hilsboro, Hatch, Las Cruces, La Mesa,

Texas

El Paso, Fabens, Fort Hancock, Siera Blanco, Van Horn, Kent, Fort Davis, Alpine, Marathon, Sanderson, Dryden, Langtry, Comstock, Del Rio,Bracketville, Campwood, Leakey, Hunt, Kerrville Blanco, Kyle, Austin, Bastop, La Grange, Burton , Narvasota, New Waverley, Cold Spring, Romayor,Kountze, Sillsbee, Kirbyville, Merryville

Louisana

De Ridder,Mitie, Oberlin, Mamou, Washington, Lebeau, Simminesport, ST Francisville, Easly Vile, Bogalusa,

Mississippi

Poplarville, Perkinston, Vancleave,

Alabama

GrandBay, Dauplin Island, Gulf Shores,

Florida

Pensacola, Milton, Crestview, Defuniak Springs, Bonifay, Marianna, Chatahoochie, Quincy, Tallahasse, Monticello, Maddison, Wellborn, Highsprings, Gainesville, Hawthorne, Polatka, Daytona

14. heymom

heymom Member

Darn it! He's not coming very close to me...I thought he was going along I10 but of course that is a major highway and probably much more accident potential...He's taking smaller roads. Bastrop is 2 hours from me. I will check Cold Spring - but I may not be able to get to him easily.

Texas is just too HUGE!

15. RiverRat

From Tom's Blog!!!

"My husband is running across the united states to help the children who have survived abductions and is up for a myspace impact award there are only 4 HOURS left to vote and we are only leading by a few points and could use the help of all our friends to vote and get others to vote . Could you please vote for us and post a few bulletins for him bellow is the bulletin we have been posting for him and the link to vote."

16. RiverRat

The voting is over, but it looks like the results will not be released until Monday or Tuesday - I will update then! Thanks for your attention!!! If you are along Tom's path - show him some love!

17. RiverRat

Update!

From Tom on his MySpace blog:

"First off Thank You To every one who worked so hard to help us with the myspace impact awards Thanks to Annie and Jolene for running my space in my absence, I was very depressed yesterday mostly because I was disappointed in people there didn’t seem like there should have been struggle to win the impact awards if I was up against a foundation for cancer or autism I would not feel bad but when people chose to vote for some one who wanted to remind people we vote on Tuesday over helping child victims of sexual predators how that can be i will never understand. I would not want that on my resume at heavens gate. With that said I know now more then ever people need to listen and understand how important is that we make every attempt to eliminate child predators from the public, that seems like an obvious statement but our laws lack commen sense morals and obvious intelligence and we need to help children recover from these traumatic experiences so that they themselves are not scared and twisted for life.

Now on the lighter side I am moving along well and should be in Austin Texas next Friday and Saturday. My Family has been incredible there support and work to help me across is amazing, even with Easter tomorrow and my kids coloring eggs outside and then keeping them in a cooler in the cramped mini van they seem happy and never complain. I can not tell you how much I love and respect them. My ankles are no longer swelling I am nervous of a relapse because Ice is scarce right now we have no service stations for miles the ice we have we need for keeping food. I am losing my left big toe nail but it does not hurt it hurt 2 weeks ago for a few days but not to bad I have lost a few nails while training just a occupational hazard. I saw the biggest rabbit I have ever seen today about the size of 5 Florida rabbit’s with a black stripe on its back . I have also noticed alot of dead birds here in Texas dont know why but it is very noticeable quite a lot of road kil I think because the area is not populated so if the buzzards dont clean it up they dont get cleaned up. I ran across a guy riding his bike the same course as me except from east to west he started in Jacksonville. I shared some food and stories with him and enjoyed meeting someone who understood the life I am living he had the advantage of wheels but I had the advantage of my wife and kids in a van full of food and clothes and water. I am sure that I can make it to Daytona by April 19th Austin is the half way point and the hardest part is behind me.

Till Later
    Happy Easter
    Tom"

18. RiverRat

Ummmm.....anybody near Austin?!

19. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Ummmm.....Buff BobC. :whistle: Unfortunately I may still be on the road. My plans are iffy at best.

20. heymom

heymom Member

About 3 hours from here, unfortunately, but we are due to visit UT and perhaps that will be the weekend.

I hate it that he didn't win the most votes. But somehow, given other issues involving children, I'm not surprised...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice