Michael Tracey and journalism

Discussion in 'The Truth About Colorado University Journalism Pr' started by Little, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

Bold emphasis mine.

Little

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

He is certainly right about one thing...the getting it wrong part:
    "I have very strong opinions about freedom of the press," Tracey said. "I think it's one of the great aspects of American society. Good journalism is crucial to any democratic culture and there are ways of getting it right and ways of getting it wrong."

:floor:

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

Just saw this. I concur with Moab: Tracey is the LAST person who has a CLUE about journalism standards of ANY kind.

4. Little

Little Member

Well, I wonder if Tracey has a business plan???

read entire story here - source: http://dailycamera.com/news/2008/apr/03/profs-mull-papers-independence/

5. Little

Little Member

Tracey's switcheroo

Read entire article here - Source: http://www.westword.com/2008-04-10/news/cu-s-campus-press-fights-for-independence

6. Elle

Elle Member

Well said, Professor Tracey. UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU, YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG WHEN IT CAME TO JOHN MICHAEL KARR. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SELLING YOUR OWN NEWSPAPERS IN THE STREET.

7. koldkase

You got THAT right, Elle. It's shocking to imagine Tracey is actually a professor at a major U.S. University. What a loser. :loser:

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

What is the world coming to? Michael Tracey camera-shy!

9. koldkase

Oh, no, Tracy is not camera shy. He's just a media nazi, a la Ramsey. Propaganda is his specialty, remember. No "free press" for him! He wants to CONTROL what the public sees and hears, using his OWN final judgment of what is allowed and what is not. He hates the media attacking "innocent people"--unless, of course, HE'S the media attacking innocent people. He LOVES that, as his record shows.

The really appalling thing about Tracey and Mills is THEY DON'T GET IT! Cluelessness is NUMBER TWO on the list of job requirements for the RST.
    NUMBER ONE: HYPOCRITE.

10. rashomon

rashomon Member

I have a question: when did Tracey receive the first emails from JM Karr?

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Somewhere after his seventh beer.

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

Tippler Tracey

Must be quite a boozer, Tracey. Even Karr told him not to write to him when he is drinking. :tipsy:

From Karr's April 30/2006 email to Tracey:
    May 4/2006 email, Karr to Tracey:
    http://www.saturdaynightsolution.com/news/ramsey/docs/emails.html?page=1

The letters show just what an easy prey that idiot Tracey was for someone like Karr.

13. Little

Little Member

14. koldkase

And once again, Tracey THE HYPOCRITE, in typical RST blindness, fails to see HIS OWN CHARACTER AND PROFESSIONAL FLAWS, which he denounces himself. On his sanctimonious soapbox:

So...why did Tracey create CROCUMENTARIES repeatedly fingering "suspects" that he definitely implied were GUILTY, CLEARLY AND CERTAINLY? I'm thinking about the suicide Helgoth and his friend, who were CLEARLY LIED ABOUT in such a scandalous display of GOSSIP AND ACCUSATION by NUTJOB KENADY, given international airwaves to tell the world they were NINJA-TYPE burglars and criminals.... And then there was the homeless man the RST fingered for YEARS, Oliva, paraded around on camera as a "suspected" child killer with NO PROOF AT ALL WHATSOEVER! (I mean, REALLY, HOW STUPID and DESPERATE is Tracey?)

Of course Tracey completely LEAVES OUT his role in the TOTAL PERSONAL DEVASTATION of the Whites based on A MENTAL PATIENT'S LIES. Nancy Krebs had a CLEAR HISTORY OF LYING TO LE IN HIGH PROFILE MURDER CASES, but there was Tracey, behind the scenes promoting that swill like he did the PERV KARR mess.

Speaking of the PERV KARR mess, Tracey gets fully OPERATIC about his HEROIC and BRILLIANT part in bringing Boulder to that pinacle of public derision. Bring in the symphony and wait for the FAT LADY TO SING!

But alas, with Tracy at last revealing his LIFE-TIME COMMITTMENT to making money on the BACK OF A MURDERED CHILD, the fat lady can take off her costume and make-up and go home, because Tracey has made it clear he'll be pointing fingers at suspects all the way to Mars if necessary, in his CROC'S 10 THROUGH 20. To wit: NOW TRACEY AND SMIT ARE USING "PSYCHICS"! Never mind that the "psychics" are so obviously SCRIPTED with SMIT'S INTRUDER THEORY they recite it word for word in their "readings", they have a lead! It's a man! Carrying a bag!! Who was in Boulder!

Nice to know in the tough times, Tracey's bank account won't suffer....

So to have Tracey decrying ANYONE not apolgizing for their RABID AND UNETHICAL journalistic attacks on INNOCENT PEOPLE is nothing more than pure HYPOCRISY. Has Tracey apologized to the MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE he disgraced with his SO-CALLED JOURNALISM? No, and that demonstrates the PRIMARY quality of a rabid Ramsey supporter: the ability to attack many "suspects" with NO EVIDENCE linking them to the murder, while endlessly chiding the public for noticing that the Ramseys, who made THEMSELVES public figures, have PLENTY of evidence leading to their involvement in the murder.

Tracey reiterates his TRUE HATRED of all things American: "slack-jawed", he calls us. He's also very derisive of parents who had their children murdered and went on to advocate for victims, singling out John Walsh, Mark Klaas, and as you mentioned, Jayelles, Dominick Dunne, who gets special vitriol. Tracey calls these people "...three men made bitter and angry by the terrible experience of having a child murdered...." Apparently, anyone who doesn't agree with Tracey's ill informed, self-serving, and truly cut-rate efforts to clear the Ramseys is in line to be given "payback" for it. It appears to me TRACEY is the one who is bitter, and with FAR LESS REASON other than HIS EGO HAS BEEN PUT UPON.

Michael Tracey, GROW UP, YOU HORSE'S AZZ.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...ey_john_mark_carr_negative_cu_evaluations.php

Michael Tracey, CU prof in Ramsey family-John Mark Karr debacle: Negative job evaluations

By Michael Roberts
    Wed., Jul. 18 2012 at 6:54 AM

Remember Michael Tracey? He's the CU journalism professor whose obsession with the JonBenét Ramsey murder helped lead to a media frenzy over false confessor John Mark Karr back in 2006. Could his apparent disinterest in actual student instruction have finally caught up with him? One possible indication: two consecutive negative job evaluations, which will trigger what's termed an "extensive post-tenure review."

The info comes to us courtesy of CompleteColorado.com's Todd Shepherd, whose report, headlined "CU Professor Involved in John Mark Karr Arrest Rated 'Below Expectations'" features the pair of evaluations; they appear below. Shepherd also spoke with CU Boulder spokesman Bronson Hilliard (disclosure: a longtime friend of yours truly), who confirms that two consecutive below-expectations evals typically trigger a review of the individual in question.

[snip]

(Read the full article at link provided above.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice